• ...and so much more!
  • Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Here's a tip. Consider a color besides black. Black makes it difficult to find stuff sometimes.
    Black is my favorite color but dang you're right on that I lost a Gerber multitool that's black with a black sheath and I assume it's in goldthwaite which was the last time I saw it

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Military Camp

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I have three of the Midway large bags and keep them ready to go at all times. One bag goes on every trip while the others have pistol or rifle stuff in them. Still another bag (Not Midway) has stuff for shotgun trips. I recommend the Midway large bags 100%. The bags are very big.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/939221689/midwayusa-competition-range-bag-system

The bags are stored in a metal cabinet in the garage and when we head to the range, the appropriate bag/bags go, too.

Also use the Midway small bag for "GO" trips in the car. All the bags are very high quality.

Flash

Last edited:

RobertTheTexan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2017
    Central Texas
    So my range bag is frustrating me. I've had it for several years, and although the design is good, the quality just is not there.

This was ok a few years ago, but I've got some spare change for a new bag, and I'm out of patience with this one.

What does everyone else use for carrying ammo, eyes and ears, CLP, etc to the range?

TIA!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    This is what I use. I don't really care for a bag with a gazillion compartments. If that's your preference then this is not a good option. However if you want a tough as nails bag that can fit all your stuff, this is The One.
    http://www.tacticaltailor.com/rangemultipurposebaglarge.aspx

I'll tell you how I've used it and what it's held up to. It's got one main compartment and two sides. Comes in 3 sizes. MC, coyote brown and ranger green. When I'm running drills with my PC (A separate Beez plate carrier) I put it in here. I have my 308 chest rig, my M4 chest rig. I have my ears and eyes. I have small tools, I have ammo. I have my DOPE book, my kestrel. I will throw my war belt in it and empty mags also full mags. I've separated my upper and lower and packed two SBR's in it. If I'm making a video, I'll throw in my tripod. Beef jerky and a couple boudain kolaches from Green's Sausage House and my thermos of De Espresso Liber coffee. (sorry had to put a coffee plug in there) :)

Granted I try NOT to put all that in it at the same time!! But I have, and it has not even as much as had a loose thread. Not to be a commercial, but almost all of my tactical gear - chest rigs etc. is from Tactical Tailor. They gear is solid as a rock. They do have other bags that have the compartments, if that's what you want. They are kind of expensive though, and this bag is not. Worth every single cent I promise you. They also do custom work for me and repairs to stuff my my chest rigs, even my Mayflower. Their custom work pricing is cheap.
    So depending on what I'm doing I may not put in a plate carrier, or I may not throw in my war belt, but those other items are generally in there 24/7 and it's manageable. The big straps go through the bottom of the bag so there is no chance of ripping one off. You'd have to rip through the entire bag. Ain't happenin'. It's also got a heavy zipper that works super easy. Doesn't hang up at all.

JDKinman

A bible and gun-clinging deplorable to the end.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    Fort Worth
    I have an old eagle industries range bag that is an honest 20 years old. It’s stood up to mule pack trips, catching hot rifle brass. Had countless bottles of solvent dumped in it. Held far too many pounds of ammo too many times and It’s still going strong. Stitching is almost like new, Velcro is solid and the zippers work easily. The thing is a beast.

Yea, I know they are expensive and you can get a cheap piece that will let you down for 1/10th the price but should you tear your cheap bag and drop a pistol in the dirt at the range or on a hunt you won’t mind the cost to keep it all together.

10b56789e5d889a51b306784603298fd.jpg

66bb1e5775810cf8400fd94b5e243158.jpg

Same here. I bought an Eagle Industries deluxe pro shooters bag w/insert back in 1992. I think I paid something like $125 for it back then but I have MORE than gotten my money's worth out of it over the past twenty-five years. The quality of this bag (and two other Eagle Industries items I bought at the same time) is better than anything I was ever issued in the military.

I use the bag for carrying firearms and magazines/speed loaders, ear muffs, eye protection, a few small screwdrivers for sight adjustments, several shop rags and range accessories like a staple gun and roll of tape. I reload all my own ammo and carry it in a separate large briefcase-style gun case with a layer of foam padding removed.

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

This is what I've used for 4 years or so too. It's a big bag, but I always have what I need.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I've got the exact same bag - although rebadged by 5.11. It's been awesome and durable as heck. My only complaint is that by the time I load it up with pistols and ammo, I can barely lift it.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    I'm an organized mess when I hit the range

Range Bag
    Carries eyes/ears, sticky targets, allen wrenches, etc. in the main compartment. I have a small winchester thing from walmart with a 3 piece rod I keep in the side, along with a small bottle (old saline solution) filled with hoppes, JB Bore Paste and JB rag, and Brian Enos slide glide. Used to keep Frog lube but I stopped using that. Gotta figure out where to keep my new CLP, G96

Side note - I highly recommend squeeg-e. A bit overpriced (this bag is $60+) but WELL worth it. I pour hoppes down the bore, hit it with the brass brush, 1 pass with the squeeg-e and DONE. haven't used a patch in about 4 years.
    717446.jpg

In addition, I have a 50cal ammo can I've rattled in coyote tan and covered in stickers that I use to transport my ammo. If I'm doing it right - it's not big enough.

Then of course guns. Plano double sided can fit 4-6 handguns.
    Then whatever long guns.

Sooo... if multiple people, it's no problem.
    If it's just me, I'll usually have a couple handguns and maybe 2 long guns max in a soft case or 2. Remington bag over the shoulder, handguns in 1 hand, ammo can in the other, and long guns on the other shoulder.

Perfectly organized mess.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    If you don't use patches, what do you clean the remainder of the guns with?

I used to use a 50 cal ammo can for ammo as well, then I got a larger range bag, lol.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    If you don't use patches, what do you clean the remainder of the guns with?

I used to use a 50 cal ammo can for ammo as well, then I got a larger range bag, lol.
    valid question haha
    I spray everything but the bore down with G96 and use a toothbrush and a microfiber towel.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    That seems as if it would get expensive.
    Can you clean a gun with a single towel?
    usually i can do the whole range trip

i get microfibers on amazon every 6 mos, injust cancelled one this month because I have too many. they are dirt cheap now, i throw them away after a few uses

Sent from my SIG Sauer

RandyM

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Seabrook, TX
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/939221689/midwayusa-competition-range-bag-system

I have 2 of these in the coyote (tan) color, I have filled the outer pockets with tools, cleaner, remoil, loaders, eyes, ears, AR spare parts, batteries, ear muffs, and much more, you can label the outer pockets with a sharpie, that leaves you with a large inner cavity, that has 2 soft zipp-able pistol bags, and large inner removable carry bag, spent brass pouch, and an outer opening meant for a water bottle, but I keep a can of white spray paint in it. Between these two bags, they have everything but ammo, mags and whatever gun I'm shooting that day in them. Folded targets, folded towel and a small bed sheet will fit under the inner carry bag.

dpetrlak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2014
    Eyes, Ears, and the stuff I use for ANY gun goes in 1 bag. I also put my Ammo in that bag.
    The other bag has the gun, mags, holster, mag holsters, etc. what ever is needed for THAT gun.
    And I always carry a 3rd bag, with stapler, tape, mini tool kit, emergency first aid kit, and timer.
    My objective is to best I can, load in the ammo, and grab bags that don't need to be unloaded and reloaded before I go.

Top Bottom