• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    Gotta check with Boss Lady tonight and will let y'all know of I am cleared for takeoff or grounded with honey-do's.

Sent from a B-52 flying over Russia.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Forecast now clear, 64F, 9mph winds.
    Better and better. I'm looking forward to it (barring family health problems, of course).

Unfortunately, I'm having a bit of a problem getting my act together. All sorts of stuff has popped up this week. I'll probably be travelling lighter than usual. The main thing I want to do is get a good zero with my .45. After that, the rest is gravy.

BTW - I will be bringing a proper front benchrest with a generic top and a pillow bag. If anyone is having trouble understanding how well their rifle shoots and is frustrated by just stacking up the range-provided sandbags (like happened last time), this should help.

HandgunHTR

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    BTW - I will be bringing a proper front benchrest with a generic top and a pillow bag. If anyone is having trouble understanding how well their rifle shoots and is frustrated by just stacking up the range-provided sandbags (like happened last time), this should help.

I will be bringing one of these: Rock Shooting Rest

I also have two Caldwell flat bags that I will be bringing. They work well for both rifle and pistols.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I will be bringing one of these...
    Mine's a bottom-of-the line Sinclair from a couple of decades ago, so I guess we're set up for rests. I'm sure not planning on shooting my XP out of creedmoor; my back's too bad for that. Getting old really sucks.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    How long do you think it'll last this time? I might be able to make it about 1:00 or 1:30, but I know in the past we have broke off around 2 or so. I don't really want to drive up there to only spend an hour shooting.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Haven't used it. Based on everything I've ever learned about proper bench technique, though, it looks to me like a complete waste of money for critical work. I see a bunch wrong with it, even for casual work. If you want me to list everything I see wrong, let me know. I'm headed out for errands this morning but I should be able to get to it this afternoon or tomorrow.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    How long do you think it'll last this time? I might be able to make it about 1:00 or 1:30, but I know in the past we have broke off around 2 or so. I don't really want to drive up there to only spend an hour shooting.

Changes each time so hard to say. I think we left between 3 & 4 last time which was too early IMO.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Haven't used it. Based on everything I've ever learned about proper bench technique, though, it looks to me like a complete waste of money for critical work. I see a bunch wrong with it, even for casual work. If you want me to list everything I see wrong, let me know. I'm headed out for errands this morning but I should be able to get to it this afternoon or tomorrow.
    I tried hard and can't come up with a good reason to ask you to write out how I'm a DA. Maybe you can just tell me about it Sunday. ;)

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    I still can't confirm. I got a yellow light from the tower, but other factors are pointing to me not making it.

So I am going to officially bowing out now.

Sorry guys. Next time.

Sent from a B-52 flying over Russia

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Forecast now clear, 66F, 8mph winds.

Sorry to hear that MK. Looks like only one friend/local will join us.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    As the crow flies I'm about 30 miles from the range. In the past 7 days I've had over 6" rain including 2" since yesterday and as I type, there are flood warnings in the Madisonville area. I recommend you bring an extra pair of shoes you don't mind getting muddy just in case. No change since the last forecast report.

Looking forward to it guys. ;)

MetalCutter

Life is too short for cheap cigars!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    The Woodlands, TX
    Green light, deck is clear! My son & I will be there (barring any last minute disasters). We'll drag along an assortment of stuff & ammo. Anything special we need to bring?

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Luna2020
    Top Bottom