• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Should be here by Wednesday, but probably be too busy to open the box.

[h=2]Cart Details[/h]Order Item ListProduct
    Availability
    Qty​
    Each
    Total​

BLH8160_a0?$size100$.jpg

350 QX3 AP Combo RTF with SAFE® TechnologyBLH8160

In-Stock

$799.99
    $799.99

Order Subtotal:$799.99
    Order Discount:
    ($80.00)
    Tax:$0.00
    Shipping:$25.99
    Shipping Discount$0.00
    Order Total:$745.98

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    I like how you upgraded relatively quickly. My ZMR group buy thing should be done this week and I will have it by the end of the month or beginning of next. I just need to dump some money on goggles now but I just blew a ton on ammo. Why did they charge shipping?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Because I opted for 2 day shipping because I'm impatient, even though I'll probably be too busy to get it out of the box.

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    Very nice YG. I did a lot of looking at that aircraft this weekend. Very imperessive. I have been trying to compare it to the P3 and am not real sure of the difference. I may opt to go with that QX3 instead. Have you done any compairison?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I've only looked a little.

My main reasons for choosing the QX3 were

I'm pretty much dedicated to Spectrum at this point, like having 1 Tx for everything

It looks like it has some incredibly easy flight modes so I don't crash it and break it the first day.

It was only $720 for the AP combo with MY15SAVE promo code.

I don't have a GoPro or plan on buying one so I wanted a camera included in the kit.

WiFi will give me live video feed within a reasonable distance to see what kind of video I'm getting. Not looking for full blown FPV at this point.

It just seemed to fit what I was looking for. Plus, I get HorizonHobby customer service.

Still haven't had a chance to get the 200 QX in the mail.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The P3 looks really nice and probably a better quad in many ways, looks like the video transmitter is WAY better than I'll get with the QX 3, but not willing to part with the extra cash at this point.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I'm trying to love these Micro Motors, I really am, but it's not easy.

My boss and I flew Wednesday but I only had the Alias. I sent this email to MM that evening:

I was very happy to see next day shipping
    [in reference to the 1st set of motors I bought], on a Saturday no less, and to receive them on Monday but I'm afraid actual use hasn't gone as well.

I installed a complete set of the Dark Edition motors on Monday and flew for approximately 30 minutes with no issues. Today 1 battery was used also with no issue and then the 2nd was run down until the *land now* alarm sounded. The Alias was @ 10' above ground when it cutoff and landed on all 4 pads. I wasn't worried because I've done it with the original motors too. However, when I picked up the quad I noticed the still seated rear 2 motors did not spin freely. It turns out replacing them solved the problem and normal flight resumed.
    Obviously I would like replacement motors. I look forward to a positive response.

Curtis

MM followed up to the email with:

You might want to take them apart and play with the magnets ;)

Make sure that the complete drive train is in mint condition. Check frequently!
    And go off the throttle as soon as you can when crashing. Dont throttle up when there is grass or other stuff in the gears, props.
    That should yield long lasting fun!

Once again CS was awesome and fast because I received a set of 4 replacement motors yesterday. But, once again, reliability is below expectation. The winds have been high & gusty today but I flew a little anyway and had to retrieve it from the roof twice. The 1st time was a somewhat hard landing on metal but cushioned by tree debris on the roof. Unfortunately that wasn't enough because while one of the motors still works, it does not spin freely like it should and is a drain on the battery cutting flight time roughly in half.

My next move is most likely to buy some OEM motors from Traxxas.

Man, that's some back luck with them.

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    I've only looked a little.

My main reasons for choosing the QX3 were

I'm pretty much dedicated to Spectrum at this point, like having 1 Tx for everything

It looks like it has some incredibly easy flight modes so I don't crash it and break it the first day.

It was only $720 for the AP combo with MY15SAVE promo code.

I don't have a GoPro or plan on buying one so I wanted a camera included in the kit.

WiFi will give me live video feed within a reasonable distance to see what kind of video I'm getting. Not looking for full blown FPV at this point.

It just seemed to fit what I was looking for. Plus, I get HorizonHobby customer service.

Still haven't had a chance to get the 200 QX in the mail.

That looks like a great price. I may pick one of those up also. I thought the AP was closer to a grand. The reviews I looked at were quite good.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Man, that's some back luck with them.
    Issues with 2 more NIB motors yesterday. On one a wire pulled out of the connector during install. Difficult for me to see but it looks like it wasn't crimped well. The other took a 2 or 3' drop and is no longer spinning freely, something OEM motors handled much better. Speaking of, I ordered 2 sets of OEM motors and misc. parts yesterday and they shipped today.

Have you ever disassembled/repaired one of these little boogers? I can't tell how to pull apart w/o damage.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Issues with 2 more NIB motors yesterday. On one a wire pulled out of the connector during install. Difficult for me to see but it looks like it wasn't crimped well. The other took a 2 or 3' drop and is no longer spinning freely, something OEM motors handled much better. Speaking of, I ordered 2 sets of OEM motors and misc. parts yesterday and they shipped today.

Have you ever disassembled/repaired one of these little boogers? I can't tell how to pull apart w/o damage.

Ya, you can't dissesmble\re.. just doesn't work

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Should have the 350 QX Wednesday evening.

I'm a little exited, hope I'm home to play with it.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Flew the QX3 this evening.

Was pretty weird since the throttle reacts differently than the 200 QX.

First flight the landing legs caught in the grass and it flipped and started beeping. That happened again later.

I hadn't really read the instructions so I kept it around 5'. Also hadn't charged the battery so I didn't fly it long. Just enough to test the camera.

I don't like "smart mode". If you know how to fly it will only screw you up. AP mode from now on.

Maybe tomorrow I can take it out with a full battery and push it a little further. I will say it doesn't have a sporty feel. You can tell it's made to be a stable platform, not a race car.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Stupid group policy BS on the computer won't let me download the software to change distance and altitude restrictions.

Oh, and the gimbal seems to work pretty good.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    I'm trying to find a good set of goggles for the ZMR. Not going to buy them right away but with a 1/3 CMOS camera I don't want to dump 800 million bucks on a high end set of Sharks and not be able to use them.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I only took it up about 5 feet and moved it around a little. Didn't give full control in any direction due to the low battery and lack of experience.

Battery is charged now so I hope to get it out for a full flight in the next couple of days.

Top Bottom