• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Yeah, that's standard for all the quads I got. I used the trim on my smaller ones and it fixed the drifting no problem. I'm going to hook it up to the computer to see what everything is set to but based off of prior experience, unless this one is different, the trim does affect the drift since the Glimpse needed trimmed to prevent it from going forward and right in neutral initially.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Yeah, that's standard for all the quads I got. I used the trim on my smaller ones and it fixed the drifting no problem. I'm going to hook it up to the computer to see what everything is set to but based off of prior experience, unless this one is different, the trim does affect the drift since the Glimpse needed trimmed to prevent it from going forward and right in neutral initially.

You CAN trim it from the TX. You shouldn't need to trim it from the TX if it's calibrated\setup correctly. The right way to do it is calibrate it from the Flight controller.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    I'll hook it up in a bit and see whats going on with it, i'll take the props off. Assuming the software runs on OS X, which it should if I remember. I need my goggles!

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    I'm probably going to go fatshark Dominator HD or the Dominator v2. I still need to do some research though and see what else is out there. More FOV = better to a certain extent in my opinion. Those cimemizers that guy had need to hook up to a unit with the transmitter, if they didn't need that I would be excited to use those.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    So the pre-test before the maiden flight at Pace Park happened today. I'll do the full maiden flight once I get a set of goggles. Short story even shorter, the thing is so agile that I'm going to need to get used to it since its a "real quad" by any standard definition. I got three settings, beginner, intermediate (to do flips), and full expert. The initial test flight to make sure everything worked went well. Right at the end I lost control a bit and rather than try to save it I cut the throttle and let it bounce on the grass with no damage. After a few flights in the open field I will have a much better handle on it for sure. It is NOTHING like my Glimpse. It was like driving a 450 HP car for the first time after being in a slow RX8/Mazda 6 for a few years.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Coriolis308
    Top Bottom