Re-Opening / No more masks - too good to be true?

glenbo

Lifetime Member
Sep 3, 2014
San Leon
I've looked at many mask packages, and every single one of them says they're not for medical purposes. So what reasonable purpose could they possibly serve?

no2gates

Supereme IT Overlord
TGT Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
Grand Prairie, TX
A mask will NOT prevent you from catching Covid. The only thing that would be close to 100% is a PAPR hood.
I use a 3 layer mask that has an insert pocket where I place FILTI which is about 90% by itself. With the additional layers it should be above N95 level protection. I don't worry about myself, but my youngest son gets things very easily and had breathing issues as a baby.

candcallen

Purveyor of Snark Humor and Truth.
Jul 23, 2011
Little Elm
No one has an issue with folks wearing a mask.

It's the mandates and changing goalposts along with flat out lies that are at issue.

Masks keep you from spitting some particles/droplets of large spittle out as you breathe talk or what ever, period. You still exhale lots of moisture thru breathing and talking. It's why they correctly said in the beginning that such masks dont really protect you. They probably provide limited coverage compared to not wearing one at all. Limited. How much they could probably figure out if the subject was verboten.

The big thing is the sanatizer hand washing and not touching your face.

Too bad they just didnt go that way from the beginning.

Top Bottom