• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SKS_Fanboy93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2021
    McKinney
    Sounds right. Those tangs man. The one I had I repaired. Is it a full split that was repaired?
    What do you mean by a "full" split exactly? Just looks like about an inch long split that didn't go all the way through the stock as far as I can tell. Whatever glue or other substance they used to repair it left a little bit of whitish speckling around it. IDK, hasn't been an issue yet.
    Guns International

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    What do you mean by a "full" split exactly? Just looks like about an inch long split that didn't go all the way through the stock as far as I can tell. Whatever glue or other substance they used to repair it left a little bit of whitish speckling around it. IDK, hasn't been an issue yet.
    That perfectly answered my question. I’m heading to bed. I have to get up and do the same shit I did yesterday at work. Pm me if you ever get tempted to trade some commie guns.
    Now...if you have a tantal...we really need to talk.

Post pics of your pistol when you get it.

SKS_Fanboy93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2021
    McKinney
    That perfectly answered my question. I’m heading to bed. I have to get up and do the same shit I did yesterday at work. Pm me if you ever get tempted to trade some commie guns.
    Now...if you have a tantal...we really need to talk.

Post pics of your pistol when you get it.
    I do not have a Tantal unfortunately. Will a Hi-Point 995 do? :laughing:

Have a good night and a good day at work tomorrow, man.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Right the gun must be holstered I guess unless it’s in the glove box carried under motorist protection act. I don’t think that requires a holster. If it’s open carry it must be holstered. Can be holstered to center carrier. Not a bad idea. LTC course is really worth it.
    If not in a holster it needs to be hidden.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    But now you can carry it anyway you want as long as it is in a holster. Meaning as long as it is in a holster you can have it on the seat in your car uncovered next to you.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    You've made a fantastic first step - seeking guidance by making this OP. Most folks would have too great an ego to humble themselves and ask this advice as you did. Very well done!

The absolute very best recommendation I have for you is to heed the following advice:

Get training

Know the laws

... I suggest downloading the manual from Texas DPS site and at minimum taking LTC course.

Last edited:

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Keep in mind, just because you carry doesn't mean you're Law Enforcement.

Some folks are over eager in that department and it can get you killed or in deep legal trouble.

Your gun is for your self defense and your family.

If you ever decide to 'step up' when a situation arrives and you and yours aren't threatened, you better be in the complete understanding of the situation...

But, but officer, I thought 'he was the bad guy' so I shot him and sadly it turns out the other guy was the criminal, I'm so sorry...

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Don't pull that bitch unless youre gonna use it.
    That's what she.....you know....the thing.....

Also, never shoot to kill or to wound. Shoot to stop the attack. If the perp decides to die, that's on the perp.....

....and get a copy of IN THE GRAVEST EXTREME.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    IMO, don't open carry. Don't draw attention to yourself even though we live in Texas and with LTC and CC. I am personally a LTC and a member of the "shirt-tail-out crowd".

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Training, training, and more training...

Then....

Practice, practice, and more practice!

Please don't be one of those that carries but has never done any kind of draw and fire practice!!!!

And remember, you really must account for EVERY bullet that leaves the barrel of your firearm... if you send it, make sure it is received by the intended bad guy, not the bystanders or the innocent child in the car or house down the street!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    If the perp is demanding your wallet, and your gun isn’t already trained on him, you’re not gonna outdraw him.
    My tactic. Play the pussy, comply, throw your wallet on the ground. Hopefully with you being such a beta their gaurd will go down and when they bend over to pick up the wallet. bam bam

Top Bottom