Join TexasGunTalk

Response to Property Burglary

Discussion in 'Stolen Property & Criminality' started by Taildragger-J3, Oct 25, 2017.

1. diesel1959

diesel1959 por vida Lifetime Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    You act as if folks don't already know this.

2. Lunyfringe

Lunyfringe Active Member

Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    To bring it back around to a few pages ago...

If cost if items he's getting away with is significantly less than legal costs of defending why you shot an unarmed man in the back, then is it worth it?

3. diesel1959

diesel1959 por vida Lifetime Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    You already have your answer. Others have their own. Be well.

4. Younggun

Younggun Doer of Deeds TGT Supporter Admin

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    If you want to make the argument that your stuff isn't worth the possible legal costs that's fine. But arguing whether it is worth a life is a decision made by the thief.

G O B likes this.
  5. Younggun

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The question a few pages ago was whether the stuff was worth a life. The answer is in the above post.

6. Lunyfringe

Lunyfringe Active Member

Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    This is the post I was remembering...

Maybe I remembered back too far.
    I'll agree that anyone breaking into someone else's property is risking their life... if my Neo Mastiff and 2 Daniffs get ahold of them first, they may even ask me put them out of their misery.

7. Younggun

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Sadly, there's also a chance you'll be sued and a good chance your dogs will be killed.

I say that with disgust.

8. Lunyfringe

Lunyfringe Active Member

Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    Agreed, on all counts...
    So if my dogs' lives are in danger, I consider that their next step will be to come after me- so deadly force. (Also one of the reasons my go-to gun is an AR rather than a shotgun... don't want to hit them on accident)

I'll be really sad if something happened to them, but I know that they would gladly give their lives for ours- which is why they're so awesome.

9. Taildragger-J3

Taildragger-J3 New Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Aggieland, Texas
    I DON'T really want to shoot ANYONE over anything. Even take a shot at someone who is threatening bodily harm if I can find another solution. It is however extremely frustrating to look at the official FBI record for the "closure" rate for property crime and burglary in our fair community (see attached graph)

I have deep respect for our police officers. I have a near family member who serves. I AM NOT "throwing rocks" at them. I understand that clearing violent crimes is a far higher priority than worrying about getting back the "stuff" we've been talking about.

It just seems that a person who decides to take my stuff has about a 75-90% chance of getting away with it completely, and those who do get caught don't seem to have to bear much of a penalty for doing it.

Maybe it's been like this for a long time & I have just been living in blissful isolation from the truth, but it seems that these kinds of property crimes & burglary are exploding and there doesn't seem to be anything that the average citizen can do about it.

My 2 cents.

Capture.JPG

TheDan likes this.