Lynx Defense

Rick Perry Deploys Rangers to Protect Texas!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Many of us if not most could be considered Libertarians. I hate the sound of the word because people might confuse it with being liberal.
    Two completely different groups. A libertarian believes in individual freedom without restriction but not in a manner that burdons others.
    A libertarian is truley a free man.
    ARJ Defense ad

Vance

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    San Leon Texas
    Before you go calling someone stupid because of their spelling, you should make sure your grammar is solid... Do I get to call you stupid because you used the possessive form of troll?

Ummmm .. could you point to the exact point where I called him stupid ?

As you have stated in the Be Nice thread. I was a little bit tired (shift worker) and probably not at my best in being nice. But then, as you said, there have been some personal attacks lately.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Ummmm .. could you point to the exact point where I called him stupid ?

Considering your first response was showing your educational level. IE: You don't make no sence .. should be sense genius.

Right about..... there. The "genius" bit.

Don't worry, the nastiness was mutual in this thread, but remember that I've been around and know that if you said that to someone's face, it would be no different than calling them stupid, it's just doing so in a sarcastic way.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Perry's pulling away...

Poll: Perry's Lead Widens as Election Day Looms

Texas Gov. Rick Perry has his largest lead over former Houston Mayor Bill White thus far in the campaign, according to a new statewide poll for KENS 5 and Texas Belo television stations.

That's the highlight of a telephone poll conducted last week questioning 1,000 likely Texas voters about their preferences in the Texas gubernatorial race and other campaign issues.

With just about four weeks until the November election, the poll found that Perry is putting distance between himself and White.
    The current lead is 50 percent to 36 percent. That's the largest margin by Perry so far in this campaign.

Nine percent of voters remain undecided. Another three percent of the likely vote goes to third-party candidates. The margin of error for the poll was plus or minus 3.7 percent.

Perry has his largest lead in West Texas, the Rio Grande Valley and -- surprisingly -- here in San Antonio, where the poll shows Perry getting 49 percent of the vote to White's 36 percent.

White has spent a lot of time and money campaigning in San Antonio, his home town, but the poll shows the momentum remaining with Perry.

"Gov. Perry starts out his campaign with a big advantage," said David Iannelli of Public Strategies, which conducted the poll. "That is, counter to the rest of the nation, the majority of Texans think the state is heading in the right direction."

Our poll shows 52 percent of voters think the state is heading in the right direction.

So, what are the concerns of Texas voters heading into November?

Our exclusive poll shows the economy is Texans' top priority. When asked to volunteer their biggest concerns, the economy and jobs were No. 1, immigration and border security were second and education was third.

Across the board, the KENS 5 poll shows voters believe Perry would do the best job handling the state's top issues.

Perry also has a higher favorability rating than White. 56 percent of likely voters give the governor a favorable rating to White's 46 percent.

The poll also reveals the voters' opinion about whether Perry should run for president. The question has been brought up a lot on the campaign trail, and 51 percent of Texans polled say they do not want Perry to pursue the White House.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Perry's pulling away...
    Great news!! Perry has something worth voting for and that experiance. The man may have made some off the wall attempts to do some sorry crap, but he seems to have learned from his mistakes. I'll take Perry over White no matter what he's done in the past!
    White is a Maggot that will cater to Libterds! Anythink the liberals would support has no place in Texas!
    Go Perry Go!!!

SiscoKid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    Perry is a loud-mouthed jerk and an embarrassment to Texas...he is a very good argument for keeping the power of the governor limited to just being a mouthpiece.

Can you, like, show and tell us where you get this notion from? Every time I say this about a democrat I post an actual REASON why I say it.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Can you, like, show and tell us where you get this notion from? Every time I say this about a democrat I post an actual REASON why I say it.

Yea, thats what I'd like to know. Matter of a fact, I can complain that Perry doesnt say enough, often enough..
    The only thing I could say about White is he needs to just shut up! I think he would be better off moving to Canada with all his other liberal gang. Canada already has what they want, and thats Complete dependence on the Government!

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    The trolls often come out of the woodwork to attempt to foul up a good and informative post. Like blue bottle flies in the cowpen lighting on fresh patties for
    a munch fest...Wheres the dang fly swatter ?

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Yea, thats what I'd like to know. Matter of a fact, I can complain that Perry doesnt say enough, often enough..

Agreed, but I think that is the usual liberal response when they are getting their political asses handed to them!

The only thing I could say about White is he needs to just shut up! I think he would be better off moving to Canada with all his other liberal gang. Canada already has what they want, and thats Complete dependence on the Government!

Go easy on the Canadians, I know many and they are good folks although they do have some idiotic gun laws there (which many Canadians simply ignore).

But they've done a good job reeling in their government spending despite having national health care (proving it can be done) and we could learn some lessons from our friends to the north in that regard (see this article as well as this one). Plus, Canada and the US are very closely tied economically, 80% of its exports are to the US and over 65% of Canada’s imports are from the US. They are also the largest foreign supplier of energy to the US (that's right folks, it's not Saudi Arabia). Our two electrical grids are also tied together.

But back on topic, I think White and associates need to go someplace useless...like France!

Cheers! M2

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Yea! France!
    I know some canadian people. Actually my computer software guy is Canadian. They have some issues for sure. It seem like the issues they are trying to resolve are the same issues our anti American libterd are pushing for.
    For example, my buddy up there has been on a waiting list for the last 6 months for a medical procedure he needs. Socialized medical doesnt work and you will never convince a dumbass liberal of that. I can only hope the liberials die waiting for Obamas doctors to give them some free medical.

aircraftbuilder

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    beeville, texas
    im lookin for anyone enlisted in the texas state guard maritime regiment. I am currently processing in for enlistment. Im ex navy and would just like to meet others that serve in the guard

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    "Elite Teams of Texas Rangers" There are only about 115 Texas Rangers in the whole state...period. Most are in their 40's and 50's. Not exactly a crack tactical team.

I admire the Rangers, but they aren't Delta Force or Green Berets.

ROFLMAO!!!!!

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    "Elite Teams of Texas Rangers" There are only about 115 Texas Rangers in the whole state...period. Most are in their 40's and 50's. Not exactly a crack tactical team.

I admire the Rangers, but they aren't Delta Force or Green Berets.

ROFLMAO!!!!!

I know three Rangers, two current and one retired...and I would NOT want to mess with them one on one, much less the three of them together....let's just send them down there and keep the news media away for a few days...

I agree, they aren't Delta Force, but The Rangers ARE an elite force of fine men and women! :)

SiscoKid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    Getting back to the original title of this thread.....

I value the reasoning behind Rick Perry in sending the Texas Rangers to the border. He knows more about the situation, what they can do, than we do.

And whatever you do, DO NOT mess with Rick Perry while he is out jogging.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I know three Rangers, two current and one retired...and I would NOT want to mess with them one on one, much less the three of them together....let's just send them down there and keep the news media away for a few days...

I agree, they aren't Delta Force, but The Rangers ARE an elite force of fine men and women! :)

Dont get me wrong, I have nothing against the Rangers but there are now Rangers who were Driver's License Troopers and promoted straight to Ranger...never spent a day on the street and now get to wear that very elite title. I personally wouldnt want a guy who was giving eye tests at the DL office last month being my first line of defense on the border.
    They are good folks, but nowhere near enough boots on the ground to put a dent in the border issue.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rod99
    Top Bottom