• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ALCSTUDIOS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Irving Tx
    I can't say much about what Perry does on my dime, He is a Govenor and a career politician.. even when he takes a shit it's "on our dime" so why do I care if he goes shootin once in a while:)

Tough Guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    While you guys are paying for his ammo why don't you also pay for his security detail, he doesn't go anywhere without them. Shouldn't be but another 4 or 5 thousand for a simple range trip.

Big Dipper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    ATX & FC, WI
    While you guys are paying for his ammo why don't you also pay for his security detail, he doesn't go anywhere without them. Shouldn't be but another 4 or 5 thousand for a simple range trip.

And somehow the cost of the security detail suddenly goes to zero if he goes no place?

Please explain how those are incremental costs based upon what he does locally.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Pretty sure that security is probably on a salary. Doubt where he goes is making much difference in pay.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Yea, I don't think his security stops for weekends, holidays, after hours, or potty breaks. A range visit supporting a local business is about on the same lines as him going to a fancy lunch. For all we know, he did it during alloted time off and I highly doubt that LaRue made him pay for anything outta pocket. Plus, with shooting like that-I'm sure he didn't just get lucky. That takes a lot of personal time and personal funds put into it. Just like we all buy our guns with our own money-I have no reason to accuse him of doing any different than us.

All I'm getting at is his security will be around no matter where he goes or time of day, and we have no reason to accuse him of being any different than us. So I support him doing this.

Sent from Hicksville.....or while dreaming of Hicksville

Tough Guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Anyone who would quote the NYT has quit taking their psychotropic drugs, and might look for another place to post Pravda News.

One thing the news media cannot do is out and out right lie. If that story was a lie Perry would have them by the balls in a big as lawsuit. Sometimes you just have to believe the truth... or in your case, ignore the truth.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    One thing the news media cannot do is out and out right lie. If that story was a lie Perry would have them by the balls in a big as lawsuit. Sometimes you just have to believe the truth... or in your case, ignore the truth.

No matter how we look a it, it cost some taxpayer money, either Texas or National level. Perry is the current and acting Governor of Texas and he was a Presidential Candidate in 2012. Someone is paying for it. He's an elected official. And the only way to stop paying his taxi fare is to not elect him. In that event we are paying for the next person in office.

So we either need to figure out who we are willing to pay for what, or....???

Tough Guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    No matter how we look a it, it cost some taxpayer money, either Texas or National level. Perry is the current and acting Governor of Texas and he was a Presidential Candidate in 2012. Someone is paying for it. He's an elected official. And the only way to stop paying his taxi fare is to not elect him. In that event we are paying for the next person in office.

So we either need to figure out who we are willing to pay for what, or....???

Now there's a post that was short and well thought out. I think that many who are one sided will always try to think up excuses to protect their team, even if they have to lie to themselves.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I would rather have someone spend all that money and not try to take my guns than the alternative, spend my money and try to take my guns.

Tough Guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Are you serious? There's plenty of confirmations of made up stories. And it's no secret that they have been fluffing their reports for decades to make it sound better for whatever agenda they're pushing.

I don't mind anyone having a problem with the news media, the news media in DC is owned. If they reported one instance of one senator slapping the hell of another one that media person would be kicked out of DC. They do argue and slap each around (kid stuff) but the media in DC cannot report on it or they will lose their cushy well paying DC job real fast.

Top Bottom