• ...and so much more!
  • mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    I'm in Pecan Plantation, whereabouts are you?

Your username sorta tipped me off on that.
    LOL

I'm a couple blocks from Lakeside Baptist Church.

Yer posting in a motor-sickle thread so I assume you ride?

You see my VTX, but I'm thinking about jumping on the V-Strom bandwagon once again.
    Although, a Super Tenere seems to fit really well.

PecanRifleman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2015
    Your username sorta tipped me off on that.
    LOL

I'm a couple blocks from Lakeside Baptist Church.

Yer posting in a motor-sickle thread so I assume you ride?

You see my VTX, but I'm thinking about jumping on the V-Strom bandwagon once again.
    Although, a Super Tenere seems to fit really well.
    Yezzir, I have been known to ride one of them motorized bicycles. I'm looking for a new bike, my Sportster died last fall so I'm looking for something new for this season. I've been seriously considering an older buell lightning, or a new DRZ400SM

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    Slabbed yesterday from Granbury to Ponder.
    Met about 60 other riders at Ranchhand's for a pie run.

One rider showed in a beautiful 76 Suzuki GT750 2 stroke triple.

25091EEB-FB3D-4F6E-9297-FEB08ACBF3F2_zpsycixsujn.jpg

Post-pie, meandered backroads through Boonville, Peaster, Lipan and then back to Granbury.
    Saw some beatiful country, met some great folks and logged almost 300 miles.

Think I may've founder another bike for the stable ... a well farkled V-Strom.
    That's got to be incredibly loud

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Crossing the double yellow to pass multiple cars deserves some punishment but that's excessive.

hmmm ... the judge jury and executioner in that case crossed the same yellow line in order to become judge, jury and executioner.

Breaking the law in order to enforce the law should be left to the professionals.

TheCytochromeC

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 12, 2013
    DFW
    I've had a motorcycle for almost 10 years and barely ride it due to the incompetence and close calls I've seen and experienced over the years. I feel that right now my life is too valuable to be hit by a drunk driver at 4:00 in the afternoon whilst patiently waiting for a red light to change. I live in the DFW metroplex, your mileage may vary.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I've had a motorcycle for almost 10 years and barely ride it due to the incompetence and close calls I've seen and experienced over the years.
    I stopped riding for that reason. I always told myself that with my superior acceleration, maneuverability, braking, and situational awareness, I could avoid any accident while on my bike. Also, I never rode it like I stole it.

Then one day I totalled my sister's 1977 Lincoln Continental. Without going into excruciating detail, let's just say I was riding in the left lane on the freeway in light traffic when three other cars got into an accident 4 lanes to my right. One of the cars in that accident simply flew straight to the left and hit me, pushing the passenger side front door halfway into the seat. Believe it or not, the car was still capable of being safely driven to a stop; it was just bent in the middle.

I thought it over in terms of my bike riding. Even if I had seen it happening, it would have been impossible to react in time. If I had reacted in time, neither maximum braking nor maximum acceleration could have gotten me fully out of the path of the giant projectile that was thrown in my direction. If I had been doing everything absolutely right in every way, I would have still been dead. No other outcome was possible.

I really don't like giving up that much control. My bike hadn't been ridden much for a while at that point so I sold it at a garage sale the next weekend.

Call me a wuss if you like. My life, my choices.

SA_Steve

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    I sold mine after trying to stop at a major intersection that had some small pea gravel on it. Probably dropped by an overfull truck.

Slid right through the intersection and lived to tell about it just by lots of dumb luck and a couple of alert drivers. Like riding on ball bearings.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Yup, road conditions are a big part of it. I read a post on the Harley forum where a guy and his lady were dumped after coming around a curve and hitting a McDonald's sandwich bag. The wheels went right out from under them!

That was a new one on me and I keep an eye out for those things, now.

The Harley is calling to me from the garage. I'm still riding. Like Ben says...."My life, my choices."

Flash

Last edited:

tmd11111

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Angelo, Tx

Used to be I would put about 10k a year on my street bikes and ride the motocross only 3 or 4 times a year. Last few years its been just the opposite. Not too many cars off road with a cell phone stick to their ear

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    OOOHHHH! Eye candy!

Here's my latest and favorite of all 30 of them, a Harley Sportster XL 1200C. Sometimes, I go out to the garage just to look at it and when I go out there to do my laundry, I always pat the bike on the seat....snicker.

I call the bike "Hoss" (named after Dan Blocker from "Bonanza").

Flash

Attachments

• NEW HD  4  11-11-11.jpg
      NEW HD 4 11-11-11.jpg
      77.2 KB · Views: 293
    Last edited:

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Yes...
    878e1971ba3bad4f9e6204058cd1e1b5.jpg

03 Heritage
    I gave it up after my wife was in a car accident (rear ended). She just couldn't spend time on it anymore and it took the fun out of It for me. We did do alot of good with it (BACA) but I missed having Sheryl with me.

Last edited:

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I've had a motorcycle for almost 10 years and barely ride it due to the incompetence and close calls I've seen and experienced over the years. I feel that right now my life is too valuable to be hit by a drunk driver at 4:00 in the afternoon whilst patiently waiting for a red light to change. I live in the DFW metroplex, your mileage may vary.

You can't do anything about the other guy. I rarely ride my bike anymore. Have not been on it in a year.

I had a bad wreck with a pile of sand in a new intersection. Back tire spun out, and I slid across two lanes of traffic up under a jacked up 4WD. It gets fuzzy after that. Don't remember much about that day, but I apprently drove my bike to my friend's house. Stripped naked in his living room, and then proceeded to the shower while bleeding all over the place. His wife was not amused. My helmet saved my life, and was trashed. The two weeks following have always been a blur.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW

Drunk drivers are not the ones you should be worried about on the road. Its the soccer mommy's that are on the phone ripping through intersections and treating traffic as if it is their own private playground. Its those people that are not paying attention or are texting while driving that are the real danger to motorcyclist. If you use SIPDE and practice with it you will learn to avoid nearly all situation on the road. You'll have a clearer view of what is happening and be able to predict movements to get your self out of harms way.

kapache

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2016
    I drove to the office Tue-Wen for training with one of the company manager, and from what I experience. I don't think riding from Forth Worth to Dallas after 4pm is a wise IDEA, nor recommended. Unless the rider loves sitting in a parking lot for hours. Another thing to mentioned is that for new riders that come from out of State to learn the highways first, there's more than one way to get to the same destination that a GPS is a must for the first months. There will guarantee bee all sorts of debris, and some cannot be avoided due to traffic keeping you on the same line. Wife hit a big peace of metal that we felt we damage the tire, need to get that check some time next week.

I am sure that riding wont be a daily thing at the moment, until I become more familiar with the streets and learn driving patterns of people here. At least in California, cars that see motorcycles would move out the way to let them pass if traffic is congested, that was quite cool, here ah sure.

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hrrquest1000
    Top Bottom