• ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    How often do you ride Roger??

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I keep the Sportster ready to run at all times, gassed up, charged up, clean & polished with the tires up to pressure. Being retired, when the mood hits me.....away I go! Usually a couple times per week keeps me charged up and feeling great! We rode 30 miles yesterday even though sinus trouble was pounding at my head.

Lately, with the torrents of rain that we've had, "Hoss" felt like I forgot him.

My days of long rides are over. At 69yo, I have a lot of joint pain so short trips are the rule. It still feels great to ride and the bike does wonders for my soul!

Flash

Last edited:

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Two weeks ago I took a trip across Texas, US 77 from Corpus to Waco, then I-35 to Ft Worth. I considered the reverse ride three years ago on a Honda Shadow 750. I decided against it and took it down on a truck. Glad I did; however, the Vision just ate up the miles and I loved the trip.

I will be making more long trips now!

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Bought a new whip ....

09_R1200RT_01.jpg

Rides like a sofa goes like the wind ...

Brojon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Austin, TX
    My personal opinion - if you ask should you, the answer is no. To me riding is a kind of lifestyle choice where you ride because you prefer it to any alternatives. That's what keeps you alive since you are by nature more aware in general. Most folks that ride for the economy aren't dedicated enough to develop the self preservation skills necessary.
    I ride my bike daily in traffic. It's getting worse due to outsiders moving in - sorry, that's just the way I see it since I have a before/after reference and can see the tags of the butthead drivers.
    I lived in California, Nevada - the drivers there are mostly terrible, no sense of anybody else - me, me, me, gimme, gimme. Too bad they bring it here when they have a chance to improve their lot.

Top Bottom