Military Camp

Right about now would be a bad time to be shopping at the Cielo Vista Mall in El Paso

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Yep. We ain't seen diddly squat compared to the depression folks.
    Amen to that. I remember my siblings and I use to go to my grandparents house and we would complain when we couldn't eat any german chocolate and my oma from Germany would beat the piss out of us with a wooden straining spoon when she caught us trying to break into the cabinet

My grandpa met and married her after WW2 in Germany. They were tough as nails after both going through the war. Atleast we have the memories and photos
    ARJ Defense ad

Last edited:

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    We are a nation of spoilt brats throwing tantrums and we made it this way.
    Oooooh, we can say the f word again??

I would say being stolen from before you're even born is good reason to be disenfranchised. The lack of good parenting that you point out is what makes people never learn to cope with it and perpetuates it.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Oooooh, we can say the f word again??

I would say being stolen from before you're even born is good reason to be disenfranchised. The lack of good parenting that you point out is what makes people never learn to cope with it and perpetuates it.

I can accept that as an addition to my hypothesis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Ok Sorry I missed a lot of comments here.

Yes, Columbine wasn't the "first" school mass shooting, but it was the first in the modern era that garnered the media attention. It's also the beginning of the school shooting becoming common. Remember the other 5 examples you all have given were decades (or centuries) apart. We're talking school shootings months, weeks, or even days apart. It all correlates to: Media coverage and psychopharmacology. I try to avoid people on SSRI and SNRI drugs. They're time bombs. Once their Serotonin levels peak or drop you can have a super unstable person, give that person a gun and 247 media doom and gloom and it's a recipe for disaster.

This is my point.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx

Yes, Columbine wasn't the "first" school mass shooting, but it was the first in the modern era that garnered the media attention. It's also the beginning of the school shooting becoming common. Remember the other 5 examples you all have given were decades (or centuries) apart. We're talking school shootings months, weeks, or even days apart. It all correlates to: Media coverage and psychopharmacology. I try to avoid people on SSRI and SNRI drugs. They're time bombs. Once their Serotonin levels peak or drop you can have a super unstable person, give that person a gun and 247 media doom and gloom and it's a recipe for disaster.

This is my point.
    The increase of media and the internet being able to reach more people has a lot to do with it. Plus political pressures are fanning the fires.

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX

This is my point.

I think the government and media have contributed to a vicious self sustaining culture of death in their quest to disarm Americans.

Columbine was inspired by Oklahoma City which was in response to Waco and Ruby Ridge. These shooters want to be famous and the media attention just sets the next one off. The media continues to hype these killings in an effort to pass more gun control laws.

The only way to stop the cycle, is to harden the targets, be prepared to defend ourselves and shoot these idiots when they attack

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I think the government and media have contributed to a vicious self sustaining culture of death in their quest to disarm Americans.

Columbine was inspired by Oklahoma City which was in response to Waco and Ruby Ridge. These shooters want to be famous and the media attention just sets the next one off. The media continues to hype these killings in an effort to pass more gun control laws.

The only way to stop the cycle, is to harden the targets, be prepared to defend ourselves and shoot these idiots when they attack

You just aren't getting the "sacrifice freedom for security" concept!

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Yes, Columbine wasn't the "first" school mass shooting, but it was the first in the modern era that garnered the media attention.
    Yep, before that bombs and arson were used more often by attention seeking murderers.

These shooters want to be famous and the media attention just sets the next one off. The media continues to hype these killings in an effort to pass more gun control laws.
    Exactly. The reason why guns are used in these incidents recently is because of the way they are hyped.

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas

Yes, Columbine wasn't the "first" school mass shooting, but it was the first in the modern era that garnered the media attention.

What modern era are you talking about? I don't think Columbine was the first of anything.

Several previous shootings, even the same year, captured the national media. The only thing truly unique about Columbine was the recognition of the terrible LEO response (which was standard for the time) that illustrated the weaknesses of the surround and contain strategy and resulted in national changes in LEO responses.

Yep, before that bombs and arson were used more often by attention seeking murderers.

You have a source for this?

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Naught it's the first shooting in the last 40 years committed by students that resulted in the death of more than 5 people including the shooter.

The reason my criteria are so specific is for a reason, because my belief that these shootings are perpetuated by media coverage and/or the use of psychopharmacology coincides with that timeline.

Then again this is the internet and maybe ya'll are all right and I'm just a dummy. That's a fair point too.

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom