Round rock gun show no more??

Discussion in 'Austin' started by country_boy, Dec 3, 2017.

1. country_boy

country_boy TGT Addict

Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    I was on premiers website and they removed the round rock page....

2. TreyG-20

TreyG-20 TGT Addict

Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I just went to look for myself and indeed they have. Speculation here, but I don' think there were any more dates for this year and it may just be down until they have next years schedule? I havent heard anything about them cancelling shows, but it is the greater Austin area.

3. majormadmax

majormadmax TGT Addict

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
  4. country_boy

country_boy TGT Addict

Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    If they canceled it that’s pathetic my city is conservative it’s not Austin

5. 45tex

45tex Well-Known

Feb 1, 2009
    The internet has taken the "special" out of the gun shows. Sellers can't or won't compete with online prices and we can buy beef jerky at the Beaver gas station. Why should we pay to park and an admission fee for overpriced tacticool plastic stuff they ordered off the internet too. Not much show in a gun show anymore.

OJ knives, Davetex and Robb in Austin like this.
  6. grumper

grumper Well-Known

Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    At the last show was there a ND in the morning right after the doors opened?

Sounded like one.

If some dumbass put a bullet in the wall or ceiling might possibly be related to no more shows.

7. 45tex

45tex Well-Known

Feb 1, 2009
    ND happened in the early nineties in Houston and the shows in the city ended for a couple of years. Took a law suit to get use of the facilities allowed again.

8. TAZ

TAZ Active Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    This. The last few shows I went to were retarded. Prices were at or above retail firearms. Lots of tables with the jersey, jewelry, stupid t shirts... I felt like an idiot paying to get in.

9. Dawico

Dawico TGT Addict

Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I love gun shows and hope they keep coming.

There are always deals to be found. They may not be on what you are looking for or right in front of your face, but they are there.

Yes, you can save a buck shopping online but can you hold the gun first? Can you haggle or trade online? Can you converse face to face with the seller?

The experience itself makes it worth it. There is nothing like meeting a bunch of fellow gun lovers.

majormadmax likes this.
  10. TreyG-20

TreyG-20 TGT Addict

Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Just looked again and still nothing. I like gun shows too. While I agree most prices are not good anymore I go in expecting to buy nothing. I like being able to kill a few hours cruising around checking out stuff and touching things. I still find deals when I look hard enough. The Premier show in Round Rock was one of the best I have been too in years. The overall size of it makes it worth the 10 minute trip and 10 bucks to get in.

majormadmax likes this.