• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    I've owned one Springfield in my life. It was their stainless version of the Colt Commander. It was a nice shooting pistol but really no better than a lot of 1911's I've owned. Springfields and especially Kimber are vastly overrated as to their quality and vastly overpriced. No more Springfield products for me.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Man I've read that 3-4 times. I still have no idea what they're talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As I understand it, there's a bill in Illinois going through the paces that will require all gun businesses to register with the state, and all gun buyers may only buy 9 guns a year.

There's a group of gun manufacturers and possibly businesses who paid a representative to go neutral on the vote as long as they were excluded from being affected. RRA and Springfield are two of the biggest financial contributors to that group.

So instead of voting against it to help out the very shops and customers who help them make sales, they voted neutral which made it easier for the bill to go through.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    As I understand it, there's a bill in Illinois going through the paces that will require all gun businesses to register with the state, and all gun buyers may only buy 9 guns a year.

There's a group of gun manufacturers and possibly businesses who paid a representative to go neutral on the vote as long as they were excluded from being affected. RRA and Springfield are two of the biggest financial contributors to that group.

So instead of voting against it to help out the very shops and customers who help them make sales, they voted neutral which made it easier for the bill to go through.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
    That is how I read it too.

More or less, they got an exemption from the law in trade for their vote.

Dead to me.

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Well, I was going to buy an XD Mod 2 next month, but not no more.

I'm still not buying a damn Glock.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    They are doing something similar to what Smith and Wesson did in the 99s with the Clinton Administration.

Gun owners broke their back over that and S&W was sold to new owners who worked for years to undo the damage that the previous owners did.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Good info, guess I'll can the idea of getting anything they have recently released. I get emails fairly often from them on new handguns. Guess I'll go to Ruger, never had a problem with any of their stuff anyways.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Welp.time to go back to rock island armory, I've been in the market for another 1911.
    No more Springfield. Same category as the rest of the one's that jammed us up during the dark times

Longhorn1986

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2016
    Fort Bend County
    Good info, guess I'll can the idea of getting anything they have recently released. I get emails fairly often from them on new handguns. Guess I'll go to Ruger, never had a problem with any of their stuff anyways.

I think you might want to do a little research about ol' Bill Ruger:

http://www.keepandbeararms.com/newsarchives/XcNewsPlus.asp?cmd=view&articleid=1143

https://www.reddit.com/r/guns/comme...ith_quotes_from_bill/?st=j265licz&sh=16e54844

https://www.thehighroad.org/index.php?threads/ruger-gun-company-is-anti-gun.254268/

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge

Old news. And he is dead. Since his death the management of Ruger has done a complete 180 on Bill's policies doing everything they can to clean the stain the old man left. I would say that they are doing a good job of it.

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    Bill Ruger was probably, next to John Browning, America's most innovative firearms designer. Having said that, he certainly was no fan of high capacity magazines and certainly didn't think we should have access to full auto weapons. Other than that, he was a great supporter of the Second amendment.

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    From the first comment in that reddit link you posted:

K. You know, Ruger makes assaultgats now. Not only is Bill dead, but his company would have him rolling in his grave.
    Buying Rugers now == spiting bill ruger in the past

Top Bottom