• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Being an asshole is a long shot from actively fighting against the 2nd Amendment. Hell, this forum has it's share of assholes, lovable as they may be. They aren't endangering the 2nd Amendment or hating on Jews, so I don't see the issue. :p

He was also also extremely active in the Democratic Party. Not asuch a long shot now , is it?

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    He was also also extremely active in the Democratic Party. Not asuch a long shot now , is it?

By the way, you might want to change your screen name. I've been told by a few people who have met him that James Garner was a giant asshole in REAL life, not the lovable con man-gambler he played in REEL life!

Man! I didn't need to know this!

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    3b2b220fafe50e4f3455d87238fcfd92.png

From an email...thought that header was ironic...

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    LoL! Yep! I woke up and checked my email this morning and saw that sitting in there and couldn't help but laugh at the irony. Apparently Springfield and RRA didn't want to be outdone by the PR disasters that Pepsi and United have been facing. This is going to take a long time for people to forget, I think. Maybe you'll start seeing some M1As below $1,000 to try and lure customers back ;)

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Being an asshole is a long shot from actively fighting against the 2nd Amendment. Hell, this forum has it's share of assholes, lovable as they may be. They aren't endangering the 2nd Amendment or hating on Jews, so I don't see the issue. :p

Fair point, I think the kind of people that generally visit this and other forums like it fit into about 5 or 6 personality profiles and none of them are the warm cuddly types. That being said, I haven't seen any overt racism or support for overthrowing our rights 2A or any of the other ones. Although I think some people might have a problem with my 4A views we tend not to talk about the types of things that get me into disagreements on that.

Most casual gunowners probably won't know about this little debacle, but most casual gunowners aren't the primary market for guns. It's folks like this forum that are and we're all the type of folks that probably hold onto stuff like this for life. I wouldn't call it a grudge so much as just a good memory.

twain55

Texan
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    San Antonio
    Yes, RRA has left IFMA. TTAG covered it earlier today.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

It appears that the IFMA is responsible and it's members were "bamboozled"

At least RRA is doing the right thing by making public announcements in opposition of the anti-gun bill and leaving the IFMA.

A good reminder that we have to monitor and hold accountable those that represent our interests.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    It appears that the IFMA is responsible and it's members were "bamboozled"

At least RRA is doing the right thing by making public announcements in opposition of the anti-gun bill and leaving the IFMA.

A good reminder that we have to monitor and hold accountable those that represent our interests.

Look at the rabidly anti gun politicians both companies donated tens of thousands of dollars to.

RRA & SA are in damage control mode. As far as leaving IMFA, 4 members two of them are SA owners and 1 is the owner of RRA. For them to claim the Sgt. Shultz defense is an insult to anyone with 3 working brain cells.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Man I'd love to sell my 3 XD guns, but I'm not in a position right now to replace them. One's a nightstand gun, one's my backpack gun, and one's in my EDC rotation.

I guess the next best thing is to not buy another.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    Sad to see. I have been a fan of SA 1911s and M1A rifles for years. Dont currently have one and will not be getting one now. Never have liked the xd line so no loss there. My Socom16 will not be going anywhere though. No new SA products for me though.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Man I'd love to sell my 3 XD guns, but I'm not in a position right now to replace them. One's a nightstand gun, one's my backpack gun, and one's in my EDC rotation.

I guess the next best thing is to not buy another.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

I am keeping my RRA 5.56 piston pistol and my EMP, but I will never buy from either company again unless they are sold to completely new owners and the current owners have nothing whatsoever to do with the brand.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I own one Rock River and zero Springfields.

There is no point selling off anything as they would never know, as well as buying used from individuals.

Buying new and used from FFLs is a different story. Those are the ones to avoid.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    As roadkill posted, I got the same email. After wiping off the screen from the iced tea that got expelled during my laugh, it was promptly deleted and I was removed from subscription list. New S.A. or R.R.A. products will never again cross the threshold of my shop, house, or property line. Something about, "Fool me once..." came to mind. Maybe I'll change my mind in a decade or two. IF either are still in business.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Fair point, I think the kind of people that generally visit this and other forums like it fit into about 5 or 6 personality profiles and none of them are the warm cuddly types. That being said, I haven't seen any overt racism or support for overthrowing our rights 2A or any of the other ones. Although I think some people might have a problem with my 4A views we tend not to talk about the types of things that get me into disagreements on that.

Most casual gunowners probably won't know about this little debacle, but most casual gunowners aren't the primary market for guns. It's folks like this forum that are and we're all the type of folks that probably hold onto stuff like this for life. I wouldn't call it a grudge so much as just a good memory.

If you don't think I'm warm and cuddly, I'll kick your ass....

Top Bottom