• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Bill Ruger was probably, next to John Browning, America's most innovative firearms designer. Having said that, he certainly was no fan of high capacity magazines and certainly didn't think we should have access to full auto weapons. Other than that, he was a great supporter of the Second amendment.

Supporting SOME of the 2nd Amendment while wanting to limit the 2nd Amendment rights you don't agree with does not make someone a great supporter of it. Not by a long shot.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Supporting SOME of the 2nd Amendment while wanting to limit the 2nd Amendment rights you don't agree with does not make someone a great supporter of it. Not by a long shot.

Christ on a crutch, he has been dead and rotting for 15 years. The company has done an about face and and is fully in the"Shall not be infringed category" and has been since the old fucker died. Get over it.

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    How is Illinois accomplishing this anyhow? Wouldn't this go against some anti-monopoly law??

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    "We paid lobbiests a bunch of money but didn't know what they were doing. But, buy our guns. We pay more attention to our manufacturing processes. Srsly guise."

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    As I understand it, there's a bill in Illinois going through the paces that will require all gun businesses to register with the state, and all gun buyers may only buy 9 guns a year.

There's a group of gun manufacturers and possibly businesses who paid a representative to go neutral on the vote as long as they were excluded from being affected. RRA and Springfield are two of the biggest financial contributors to that group.

So instead of voting against it to help out the very shops and customers who help them make sales, they voted neutral which made it easier for the bill to go through.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
    wait... So Rock Island and Springfield have FFLs where the 9 gun limit didn't apply?

OR could you buy as many Springfields and Rock Islands you wanted?

If that's the case, how did they gain exemptions? Usually you can't name an entity exemption, but they write a set of criteria that the exempted people from the law.

Lol springfield is backpeddling faster than deon sanders covering jerry rice...

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Christ on a crutch, he has been dead and rotting for 15 years. The company has done an about face and and is fully in the"Shall not be infringed category" and has been since the old fucker died. Get over it.

The **** you talking about? I have no problem with the company and never once mentioned it. My issue was with Bill Ruger being called a great supporter of the 2nd Amendment when we wasn't. Hitler has been dead for about 72 years or so. If I talk about WWII and mention him being bad, will I get told the same thing?

Please try not to read what's not there next time. Thank you.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    The **** you talking about? I have no problem with the company and never once mentioned it. My issue was with Bill Ruger being called a great supporter of the 2nd Amendment when we wasn't. Hitler has been dead for about 72 years or so. If I talk about WWII and mention him being bad, will I get told the same thing?

Please try not to read what's not there next time. Thank you.

Go away boy. Grown ups are talking.

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    Bill Ruger was still a genius gun designer and made investment casting a mainstream way to build guns. In fact, his Pinetree casting company makes castings for many different firearms companies, including casting the frames for the Desert Eagle pistols. My Dan Wesson .357 Supermag frame was made by Pinetree.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Yep. Of course they are back peddling.

I wouldn't expect anything less.

Easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission I guess.

Has either company left the IFMA yet in response to this?

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Bill Ruger was still a genius gun designer and made investment casting a mainstream way to build guns. In fact, his Pinetree casting company makes castings for many different firearms companies, including casting the frames for the Desert Eagle pistols. My Dan Wesson .357 Supermag frame was made by Pinetree.

Henry Ford was a genius too. Absolutely brilliant. His manufacturing methods revolutionized the whole world. That doesn't change the fact that he had such anti-Semitic views, that he actually inspired Hitler (and numerous other Nazis). So much so, he mentioned Ford in Mein Kampf and had a picture of him on his wall. Brilliance doesn't make you a good person. Bill Ruger may have made some great designs, but he is not a friend of the 2nd Amendment. His actions in the 90s proved that beyond all doubt

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    By the way, you might want to change your screen name. I've been told by a few people who have met him that James Garner was a giant asshole in REAL life, not the lovable con man-gambler he played in REEL life!

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    By the way, you might want to change your screen name. I've been told by a few people who have met him that James Garner was a giant asshole in REAL life, not the lovable con man-gambler he played in REEL life!

Heh

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Being an asshole is a long shot from actively fighting against the 2nd Amendment. Hell, this forum has it's share of assholes, lovable as they may be. They aren't endangering the 2nd Amendment or hating on Jews, so I don't see the issue. :p

Top Bottom