• ...and so much more!
  • TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    10/22

I have both a standard(18.5") length and carbine(16") length 10/22. The standard one is a factory set-up blued/syn stock made back when they used metal trigger groups. It has a 4x scope and groups purple box Eley Sport around 2" at 50. The other one has a hogue o/m stock and factory shorty barrel. With open sights, the bullets were all hittin' left of POA with the same ammo but still grouped pretty tight. I did a little research and supposedly a 22lr cartridge makes it maximum velocity out of a 7.5" barrel and actually began to slow down in a barrel more than 18"(probably not tested on a semi-auto). So I went with the shorty the second time around. Once I put a similar 4x scope or dot sight, I'll know if it really performs the same as the standard rifle. I was a little disappointed to find that my hogue stock "new model" has a plastic trigger group. I can see why you would want to upgrade them. No matter what you pay for it, it will become one of your favorite guns. Even completely stock, they are a hoot ta' shoot!
    Hurley's Gold

pheet17

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Baytown, Texas
    I've been wanting a 10/22 for sometime now. THANKS!!!!! After reading this thread I may have to have one by tomorow afternoon. Also, does anyone around the Houston area know a Wal-Mart that still sells firearms? I thought the one in LaMarque on 45S did a few months back, but they do not anymore. :banghead:

cdevon1200

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    the ruger 10/22 was the first rifle i bought some 20 years ago. i have had a few over the years, i have 2 now, i got one for my g/f a few years ago, great lil .22. but be carefull the do get very adictive.

rugerwwinny.jpg

stock1.jpg

cdevon1200

30+GSXR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    yelp - yelp, I bought a 10/22 and it got tricked out

Timney trigger, Houge stock, SB-X barrel, harris bi-pod, extended mag release, and much more .... :)

once again, Thanks to Robert w/ Talon Arms for putting it all together and selling me the SUPPRESSOR to go with it :)

GTRich94

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    u
    I've been wanting a 10/22 for sometime now. THANKS!!!!! After reading this thread I may have to have one by tomorow afternoon. Also, does anyone around the Houston area know a Wal-Mart that still sells firearms? I thought the one in LaMarque on 45S did a few months back, but they do not anymore. :banghead:
    The Walmart at 45 and El Dorado still sells guns. IIRC, they even had a 10/22 the last time I was in there.

GTRich94

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    u
    What am I doing wrong I get those butler creek extended mags and they never work for my 10/22. The stock mags work great. It's weird!

My BC extended mag is hit or miss for me (I have the plastic lip one instead of the steel lips). My issue is that I don't get it seated correctly and I get fail to feeds with it. Usually what happens is I put it in the 10/22, cycle the bolt and then I end up grabbing the 10/22 by the mag. Which of course pulls the mag out just enough to make it fail to feed. As long as I remember to leave the mag alone after cycle the bolt, it works without issue.

For anyone trying to decide whether to get the plastic lips or the steel lips, spend the extra couple of $$'s and get the steel lips. I have a few hundred rounds through my plastic one and I can already see how they are getting chewed up (they are really soft plastic). So I have a feeling I'll be buying another mag in the near future.

chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston
    all the steel lipped mags i bought had feeding problems only the plastic lipped ones ever worked and they work perfectly

oh and look for just a trigger group
    because you can buy a whole gun but with in a few months the only thing original will be the trigger group
    its what ive been doing lately

cdevon1200

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    all the steel lipped mags i bought had feeding problems only the plastic lipped ones ever worked and they work perfectly

oh and look for just a trigger group
    because you can buy a whole gun but with in a few months the only thing original will be the trigger group
    its what ive been doing lately

dont you mean the reciever? thats the part with the ###-########### there are a very small number of places that make them other than ruger. yes it is poss to buy off the shelf parts to complete the rifle in .22lr or the .17 cals.
    http://www.tacticalinc.com/elite22-receiver-c-432_437.html?infoBox=0
    http://www.rimfiresports.com/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=RSC&Category_Code=RCVRS

and ti composite or billet hi-cap mags are the best next to the factory 10 rounders.

TI25 MACHINED ALUMINUM STEEL LIP MAGAZINE FOR RUGER 10/22 by: Tactical

cdevon1200

jake75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Hurst, TX
    I bought a 10/22 a while back and have been adding onto it ever since. I went to rimfire technologies website and bought a charging handle then i had to have the bolt buffer, auto bolt release, forward motion mag release, a rubber butt for the stock, bipod, scope, back up peep and fire sights, and of course some 30 round mags snapped and taped together. And i'm not even done yet.

chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston
    shit yeah i meant the reciever i was looking at trigger groups on the net right before i posted this so i guess it was stuck in my head

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Walmart doesn't sell guns around here.

The Baytown, and Shaver in Pasadena, Texas WW's still have rifles and shotguns. A while back, I checked some prices and was amazed at how the stores had changed in firearms sales. Very few WW stores carry guns any more. Incidentally, Academy beat the WW price on a 10-22 by $10.

Flash

ErikE

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Katy, Tx
    The WW at Katy Mills Mall sells rifles and shotguns still. I was in there the other day and got a Henry lever action 22 from them and at the time they had 3 Ruger 10/22's in the case, a "regular", a carbine, and a WW SS Special. They ranged from $197 to $237. They also had a bounch of 22lr ammo.

Top Bottom