Capitol Armory ad

Ruger's New Precision Bolt Action Rifle....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OIF2

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hill Country
    Shhhh! He doesn't know that he's weird.

I go both ways...

30-06_zps8da753ef.jpg

T-FAST

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    I will be buying one. This rifle checks all the boxes needed for a good competition rifle. I can't quite understand why someone would feel $1000-$1200 would be too steep of a price, seems like one hell of a deal to me.

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    I'll put hands on one within a week. Initial reviews seem positive but who knows. Downside will be if you a stickler for a light trigger as it will only adjust down to 2.5lbs. A huge plus us the magazine setup with opens a great door of availability.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I'll put hands on one within a week. Initial reviews seem positive but who knows. Downside will be if you a stickler for a light trigger as it will only adjust down to 2.5lbs. A huge plus us the magazine setup with opens a great door of availability.
    I am very curious to see how you feel about it. I like it but would feel more confident if it was a Savage honestly.

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    I am very curious to see how you feel about it. I like it but would feel more confident if it was a Savage honestly.
    I'm a bit hesitant of it as my experience with Ruger and accuracy aren't great. It has a ton of great potential imo.

wile-e-coyote

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    I will be buying one. This rifle checks all the boxes needed for a good competition rifle. I can't quite understand why someone would feel $1000-$1200 would be too steep of a price, seems like one hell of a deal to me.

I agree 100%. I read some of the comments on page one and I was thinking "Really? Have you guys ever priced a barreled action with a fully adjustable aluminum chassis?". This rifle screams BARGAIN to me.
    I've been wanting to build up/buy a precision shooter to mount a newly acquired Steiner Military scope on. A 700 based rifle was going to run me close to 2K the way I wanted it. This rifle seems to be what I'm after at a price I can more easily manage.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    This isn't a 700 based rifle. It's a Ruger.

I will be suspicious of reviews by most well known sources as I am with everything they review. I'll be surprised if it lives up to the "precision" name when it gets in to the hands of consumers.

If it does, great. I might look in to getting one, but I don't have high expectations.

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way

I will be suspicious of reviews by most well known sources as I am with everything they review. I'll be surprised if it lives up to the "precision" name when it gets in to the hands of consumers.

If it does, great. I might look in to getting one, but I don't have high expectations.
    They seem to have done their homework on these though. Very hush hush even with the people reviewing the rifles, no reviews were spoke of until rifles were ready to ship or already out.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth

If Gunblast says it's good I'm buying one!

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    If it can compete with savage/Remington off the shelf accuracy I'll be impressed.

I hope it can.

Governors20

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Austin
    look at the review on Snipershide. 1/2 MOA at 850 yards. No reason to doubt what has been written based on what I see. Most consumers cant hit anything past 200 yards, so that is the last thing I would base my decisions on.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    look at the review on Snipershide. 1/2 MOA at 850 yards. No reason to doubt what has been written based on what I see. Most consumers cant hit anything past 200 yards, so that is the last thing I would base my decisions on.

I must have missed that link above. I'll put it here again.

http://www.scout.com/military/snipers-hide/story/1564384-the-ruger-precision-rifle-6-5-cm

Very interesting. If it consistently performs that well that's a great price on it.

I'd like to see a few reviews though, not just one.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

like anything else, you have to look at the context of the review and decide if it's one that should trusted. People posting bad reviews because they lack the necessary skill to make a product work are common with any subject matter.

That said, many mainstream reviewers are so deep in the industry they will find a way to make any product sound good. For that reason, I take their opinions with a grain of salt.

I didn't notice the link from snipers hide. I hope more positive reviews come out to support it.

Top Bottom