Gun Zone Deals

Ruger's New Precision Bolt Action Rifle....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    None of the 5 Distributors we use have offered us one.....yet.........

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    I would check snipershide. I know there was a group buy going on and ill also ask this one vendor ive used who is notorius for getting execellent deals on almost anything. I could not find the original vendors and the ones i did find were gouging like crazy. I saw one listed at 1800.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    I think its because the same week they released they were backordered 5months out at the end of the release week through several vendors.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    FWIW I know a couple people who have them and theyre delivering sub moa performance with shelf ammo and the 6.5cm is running half minute. Cant beat that with a stick. Ill be picking one up in cm to burn the barrel out of then replace it with a 22LRV for my varmint gun. Hard to beat for the price and features. The barrel nut design is pretty sweet and will allow home gun plumbers to swap barrels with just some simple tools and a set of headspace gauges or if youre really brave a piece of fired brass. If they keep the quality up this will be a home run for the lower end of the precision rifle game. Once the new is worn off youll be able to find them regularly for under a grand.

2.5lb is pretty standard for a tactical rifle. You don't want much lighter when running around. The Precision Rifle Series for which this rifle is geared towards is considered a tactical style match because youre not shooting from a bench. There is some prone shooting but there is almost every other conceivable position mixed in. Being muzzle heavy within reason isn't an issue with a proper sling.

Last edited:

41magnut

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2015
    Several gum makers builders catalogue chassis type rifles. The least expensive of which has been $2 G or more. Do you suppose Ruger's success with this rifle will force others to rethink their produce? A couple of fellow shooters have poo- poo'ed the Ruger because it is based on a "discount house" action and as such couldn't possibly out perform their ??? Build by ole "so & so". --- Reports coming on sure don't support such thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rangerscott

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    Lubbock
    $1050 seems to be what I'm finding. I'm interested in this thing. Probably go with the .308 although is 20" barrel kinda short for a precision 308?

If I could just sell my ar I'd have the money.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    $1050 seems to be what I'm finding. I'm interested in this thing. Probably go with the .308 although is 20" barrel kinda short for a precision 308?

20" is fine. A longer barrel will give more velocity and extend the rounds accuracy but 20 inches is a good length for the .308.

Thicker, heavier barrels shoot better than thin barrels. That is more important than barrel length really.

If I saw one for $1050 in 6.5 it would be mine.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX

Links? The guys i had asked all were out of utah or elsewhere. Didnt figure anyone here would want em.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Top Bottom