Not open for further replies.

Pinlifter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    DFW
    Agree with TRN.

No one won here.

As a father, they would have had to TASER me to keep me from trying.

As a cop, I would not have allowed the man to enter.

No easy answers...

Either I'm going into the fire, or I'm going to jail for murdering a PO...

I believe at that point, I would no longer care. I have a 9 month old son.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    ARJ Defense ad

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    at some point i need to start reading threads all the way through before responding.

Rangel

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Crosby Tx
    Do you have other kids?

Why do you keep asking this? It doesn't matter if I have 300 kids if one of them is in danger I'm not going to say its ok little Johnny I have 299 others.

That being said I have ONE kid and I wouldn't hesitate to risk/ give my life for hers.

preyn2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Burnet
    I always thought a taser was used when the officer could not physically get the job done. So what you're saying is, the officer COULD have stopped him, but chose to use a taser?

"The police tazed a man who was trying to rush into a burning house to save his infant son" sounds like the police officers were too lazy to physically restrain him, or they took some sort of sick pleasure in stopping the man, or in knowing that the baby had died or was dying.

I can assure you that those cops and firefighters didn't enjoy working a scene in at which an infant died. It's gut wrenching. Grown men cry in public, tough men.

Restraining the dad with a Taser, as ugly as it sounds, was undoubtedly the safest course of action. The man was stopped as safely as possible, and by the time he regained his senses, I'm sure he was cuffed in the back of a patrol car for his own safety and the safety of others. No cops had to strum on the guy, there will be no photos of a distraught father beaten to a pulp in the paper. It's a shit sandwich big enough for everybody to have a bite or two, but I think the Taser option was the safest for everybody.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    If the baby was already gone I understand their decision.

But in the original story where the baby was still inside I see that situation as black and white. No gray exists. No living human being has the right to stop a father from trying to save his child. I don't care what your role in society is, and I don't care what any laws or pieces of paper say. No person on this earth has that authority. That authority doesn't exist and is impossible to grant to another person. In that original scenario, the father would have been well within his rights to use lethal force against the officer to gain access to the house (again, black and white in my mind).

I'm glad the original story isn't true. If it was, I'd advocate bringing the officer up on charges. As it is, he should probably be commended for preventing a needless death.

I don't see the other side. At all. I don't understand how some of you would feel so comfortable making life and death decisions for other people that aren't yours to make.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle

But in the original story where the baby was still inside I see that situation as black and white. No gray exists. No living human being has the right to stop a father from trying to save his child. I don't care what your role in society is, and I don't care what any laws or pieces of paper say. No person on this earth has that authority. That authority doesn't exist and is impossible to grant to another person. In that original scenario, the father would have been well within his rights to use lethal force against the officer to gain access to the house (again, black and white in my mind).

I'm glad the original story isn't true. If it was, I'd advocate bringing the officer up on charges. As it is, he should probably be commended for preventing a needless death.

I don't see the other side. At all. I don't understand how some of you would feel so comfortable making life and death decisions for other people that aren't yours to make.
    I dont agree with you on much but this I definitely do.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Either I'm going into the fire, or I'm going to jail for murdering a PO...

I believe at that point, I would no longer care. I have a 9 month old son.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

You really think you got the balls to try, or the skill to actually kill a cop?

Posturing and bravado.....:rolleyes:

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

I respect you man, but you are just off base on this one.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Why do you keep asking this? It doesn't matter if I have 300 kids if one of them is in danger I'm not going to say its ok little Johnny I have 299 others.

That being said I have ONE kid and I wouldn't hesitate to risk/ give my life for hers.

Think about it. Hard to protect your other kids when you are dead. It is a response to those who claim they would die trying to save the baby.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I can't count the amount of times a professional (Doctor) told me it was too late. Yet, here I am to annoy you folks. Only God knows when it's too late, my friend.

I always thought a taser was used when the officer could not physically get the job done. So what you're saying is, the officer COULD have stopped him, but chose to use a taser? I'm not trying to start conflict, but that's what the logic amounts to, in my mind. However feble it may be.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

There is just not enough information to come to a logical conclusion. I tend to agree with the folks saying that the cop was wrong, but the what if's make me think otherwise. This is strictly an emotional debate for the time being. IF the house was engulfed in flames and it was obvious the man would combust, due to the hight temps a fire can produce, than the cop is right and the man will thank him when he realizes that he almost abandoned his other son. IF the house was NOT engulfed and this man COULD have gone in and searched for his child, than the cop is wrong and the man may possibly hate cops for the rest of his life. Logic tells me that as long as people can possibly go into the house, and knowing that there is a child in there, the fire fighters MUST have gone in and the outcome was not good, regardless the effort. Until further information is revealed, I think we all have valid points, limited only to the emotion from which they are driven.

It is a sick idea to think a man got tased, while his baby dies in a fire. I can only hope that the cop was exhausted from trying to hold this man back, before he used it. Otherwise, I believe he's a dirt bag for simply tasing the guy before a true effort was made. It is sad that the grandparents forgot the baby. Had they remembered, he could have easily been spared. God help this man. He has to live with all of the variables involved in this tragedy.

Go out and get a fire hydrant, everybody. God bless.

Cops don't use TASERs when other use of force has failed. It is used as a level of force. Better to TASER you than go hands on and risk us both being hurt. A fact the media won't tell you because it creates no sensationalism is that TASER use has reduced both officer and other's injuries.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Think about it. Hard to protect your other kids when you are dead. It is a response to those who claim they would die trying to save the baby.

Got kids, TXI? Your comments here seem to indicate that you don't. Because if I believed one of my sons or my daughter was trapped in a fire it would be damned hard to stop me from going in after him or her, even if it was considered "hopeless" by the pros on-site, and I can't imagine a decent father that wouldn't feel the same way.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW

I agree.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I respect you man, but you are just off base on this one.

I respect you too, but you're flat out wrong on this one. Not even an "IMO" or an "I think" qualifier. No one has authority to contradict my decisions regarding the life of one of my children on my property, no matter how well intentioned. I don't know or care about the law on this one. I'm talking about right and wrong, black and white. God placed each of my children in my life and they are my responsibility. If God wanted someone else to make those decisions he would have had my children born into that person's family instead...but he didn't.

It's kind of a moot disagreement though. We're arguing about a hypothetical on the internet. Back in reality, the LEOs did the right thing in this situation, IMO. All of the LEOs and Fire Fighters I've met would be fighting to get the kid out if they thought they could get in there at all. It's what they're hard wired to do, to risk their lives and to help people when they can. I've never even heard of a situation where they let a place burn when they could have reached the people inside.

I'm sure it could happen, but after first reading the article...then calming myself...I thought it had to be just wrong or inaccurate. Sure enough, pretty large detail was missing about the baby already being found dead.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Not sure why this one hit so close to home. Nothing I've said was/is intended to offend anyone.

Y'all can call me kooky, but in that situation I would know if it was right in the moment. Its one thing to pontificate on the internet about a hypothetical, but He's never steered me wrong when I've asked for His help. I have zero doubt He would guide me to the right decision.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Not sure why this one hit so close to home. Nothing I've said was/is intended to offend anyone.

Y'all can call me kooky, but in that situation I would know if it was right in the moment. Its one thing to pontificate on the internet about a hypothetical, but He's never steered me wrong when I've asked for His help. I have zero doubt He would guide me to the right decision.
    now truth is spoken!!!!
    his will be done!!!

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX

I have lived that hypothetical and by the Grace of God I am here.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I respect you too, but you're flat out wrong on this one. Not even an "IMO" or an "I think" qualifier. No one has authority to contradict my decisions regarding the life of one of my children on my property, no matter how well intentioned. I don't know or care about the law on this one. I'm talking about right and wrong, black and white. God placed each of my children in my life and they are my responsibility. If God wanted someone else to make those decisions he would have had my children born into that person's family instead...but he didn't.

It's kind of a moot disagreement though. We're arguing about a hypothetical on the internet. Back in reality, the LEOs did the right thing in this situation, IMO. All of the LEOs and Fire Fighters I've met would be fighting to get the kid out if they thought they could get in there at all. It's what they're hard wired to do, to risk their lives and to help people when they can. I've never even heard of a situation where they let a place burn when they could have reached the people inside.

I'm sure it could happen, but after first reading the article...then calming myself...I thought it had to be just wrong or inaccurate. Sure enough, pretty large detail was missing about the baby already being found dead.

Well then my friend, I respect your though process, but disagree on this one. No ifs, ands or buts for me, either. Let us just leave it there....

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Got kids, TXI? Your comments here seem to indicate that you don't. Because if I believed one of my sons or my daughter was trapped in a fire it would be damned hard to stop me from going in after him or her, even if it was considered "hopeless" by the pros on-site, and I can't imagine a decent father that wouldn't feel the same way.

My answer is already in this thread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom