• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • plasman

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    San Antonio
    Had a little time to kill so I stopped at the Powderhorn, every 22 instock including Mini Mags on the shelf and a super deal on the Ruger BX-25-2 100 round magazine for $24.99. That's cheaper than a BX-25 50 round magazine at Academy. Loaded up today.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Found a stack of CCI Blazer .22 LR at Academy at 12:45 p.m. today. Guy behind the counter handed me two boxes, and when I asked him why he had so many at that late hour of the day, he said people were looking for "bulk packs" to sell at the gun show this week end.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    For what it is worth, Academy had .22 LR for sale every day this month except for the 13th of July. Picked up enough today to replace what I shot last week. Sadly, at this pace I can only keep even, not get ahead.

I would like to have two rounds in storage for every round I shoot.

Then again, maybe ten rounds in storage for every round I shoot would be a better hedge against future shortages!

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Everyone I've been to. San Marcos, Perrin Beitel, Northwoods, Vance Jackson, NW Military, SW Military. If one does not have it, another will. And I don't visit all of those every day. It is purely hit and miss.

Gotta swing the bat to hit the ball.

Never stood in a line to find ammo since this shit started. By the time I get there, the bulk packs are sold out, but there is usually plenty of 50-round boxes of CCI Blazer and stinky (but accurate) Aquila on the shelf.

Have not seen CCI SV or Remington 50-count boxes in many moons, nor any Winchester or CCI Mini Mag 100-count boxes.

At this point, with a two box limit of 50 each, I can buy 100 rounds x 30 days which keeps me happy at the range.

Since I rarely shoot more than 300-500 rounds per month, I put the remainder away for a rainy day.

Much as I did before this rush on ammo started.

O.B.T.W. Of all the .22 LR ammo I have found since January this year, 49% was at Academy, 31% was on line, 14% was at Wally, and all the rest (6%) were found either at Dick's, Cabela's, or Bass Pro.

Gotta dig deep.

erik087

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2013
    Good to finally see this again in Walmart.

y6evudah.jpg

Sent from my brain using mind bullets.

erik087

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2013
    Academy at Vance Jackson is the only one I've been to this morning with some plinking 22.

Plenty of $2.99 Magtec amd $3.99 Aguila SE standard velocity. No bulk packs though.

1604/Potranco, 410/Military just had high velocity and/or $5 and up 22 (at least by the time I got there).

Sent from my brain using mind bullets.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    On a whim, I drove to Bass Pro Shops on Tuesday, last. Got there about 10:15 a.m.

Had three boxes of M-22 and a stack of Remington 525 count Golden Bullets, and a stack of CCI 300 count "Swamp People."

I checked out with one M-22, don't know how the ammo there fared for the rest of the week.

Tuesdays might be my lucky day.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Funny story: on valentine's day I ordered myself some cci swamp people 300 count 22lr from cabela's. Turns out I wasn't the only lonely one e-shopping for ammo, and it was back ordered.

Fast forward almost 7 months. I got a phone call today saying it's ready for pick up. Totally forgot about this. Now I have that "just found $20 in my pocket" kinda feeling.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Just got an e-mail from Midway USA and they asked me to update the credit card information for an order I have had on back-order since November 2013.

The bank went belly-up, so now I have to give Midway a new credit card number.

We might be in a .22 LR Bubble, but it will persist long after every other economic bubble pops (especially the U.S. Dollar).

We might have to pay for our ammo in cash.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Lots of 50-count boxes on the shelves at Academy today.

One had Federal 40 grain solids, and the other had Aquila 40 grain subsonic.

The supply is slowly catching up to demand.

There is more available on-line if you want to pay three times the big box store price.

TattooedGlock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    Academy in Selma finally has a good stock of everything and no more limits on quantity as of yesterday. Bass Pro is still limiting one box per adult and doesn't have much. I prefer online like Lucky Gunner because I can usally find what I want and have it in a couple days.

Top Bottom