• Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    So, what is pre-K for SA anyway?

http://www.sanantonio.gov/Pre-K4SanAntonio/about.aspx

Children must turn four years old by September 1, 2014 to attend Pre-K 4 SA for the 2014-2015 school year.
    PRE-K 4 SA FOR ELIGIBLE STUDENTS

Four-year-olds qualify to attend Pre-K 4 SA for free if they meet the following requirements:

• [*=left]Must live within the City of San Antonio limits,
      [*=left]Must live within a participating school district,

• [*=left]2014-2015 participating school districts include Edgewood ISD, Harlandale ISD, North East ISD, Northside ISD, San Antonio ISD, Southside ISD, and Southwest ISD
        [*=left]South San Antonio ISD, Alamo Heights ISD, East Central ISD, and Judson ISD are not participating in Pre-K 4 SA for the 2014-2015 school year. Families residing within these districts may still apply for the lottery to be selected for the tuition program.

• [*=left]And must meet one of the following criteria outlined by the Texas Education Agency:

• [*=left]Is eligible for the National Free and Reduced Lunch Program or receives Food Stamps or TANF benefits; or
        [*=left]Is unable to speak and comprehend the English language (as determined by assessment); or
        [*=left]Is homeless, as defined by the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act; or
        [*=left]Is the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority; or
        [*=left]Is the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
        [*=left]Is or has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    RACER X,

IF "Pre-K for SA" was Headstart, hardly anyone here would be ANGRY. - Unfortunately, this is nothing more than a VERY EXPENSIVE babysitting service.
    (Unless Headstart in Harris County has changed a great deal since I lived off Little York, it's NOT at all the same thing.)

Also, people here in Bexar wouldn't be so angry if this corrupt city/county administration wasn't so thoroughly WASTEFUL.

yours, satx

Last edited:

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Practically all cities/towns have pre-k. All that I've ever seen have restrictions that are you have to be poor or have a disability like a speech impediment or not speaking at all or even worse like mental retardation. If you weren't, then I've seen places where you could pay to put your kid in the program.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Practically all cities/towns have pre-k. All that I've ever seen have restrictions that are you have to be poor or have a disability like a speech impediment or not speaking at all or even worse like mental retardation. If you weren't, then I've seen places where you could pay to put your kid in the program.

The school districts in San Antonio already had pre K programs and Head Start programs. PreK for SA is an additional sales tax imposed on the citizens of San Antonio to provide PreK in addition to what is already available and is basically an entitlement tax. If the service was available to all the children in SA I wouldn't be opposed to it.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    If the service was available to all the children in SA I wouldn't be opposed to it.

I would. Pre-K is bullshit. "Oh, my kid learned all the things I just absolutely could NOT teach him like colors and shapes!" Yes, I've actually seen parents speak like this. Pathetic.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    London; All,

As I said before, IF "Pre-K for SA": was NOT just a poorly managed, wasteful, grossly over-priced babysitting service, I would NOT be so HOSTILE to the program.
    (For example, IF they were teaching ALL the students to speak/read ENGLISH - The program isn't even doing that!!)

SADLY, some of today's parents really are just that DUMB & YEP they are PATHETIC.

yours, satx

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    Damn!!!!!!! I go to the deer lease for a coupla days and this thread turns into a Pre K for SA debate............HOLY SHIT!

Thanks for chiming in TXI, much appreciated......

glad they caught the prick, enjoy hell asshole!

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Pics, dang it.
    Still waiting for a chance when someone don't let the dog out and scare them away.
    Dang wife don't understand.

Sent by a idjit coffeeholic

Top Bottom