• ...and so much more!
  • London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    London,

And IF LaHood is STILL using dope, while responsible for prosecuting drug dealers/users, are you OK with that?
    (A simple YES/NO answer will do.)

yours, satx

No, but it isn't any worse than his perpetually shitfaced opponent implementing a no-refusal DUI policy.
    Texas SOT

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Dubious Dan,

I was a detective for more than 2 decades & there would be FEW/NO investigations or arrests, if we LEO took your tack. = My suggestion is that he is PROBABLY still a user (as few users stay "clean".), though I have NO actual evidence of that.

Otoh, as far as I'm concerned, he is UNFIT to be the DA based on his past criminal conduct.

Further, I can assure you that he had better watch "his Ps & Qs", as he will be carefully watched by enemies IN/OUT of law enforcement.

yours, satx

A police detective? What agency?

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Dubious Dan,

I was a detective for more than 2 decades & there would be FEW/NO investigations or arrests, if we LEO took your tack. = My suggestion is that he is PROBABLY still a user (as few users stay "clean".), though I have NO actual evidence of that.

Otoh, as far as I'm concerned, he is UNFIT to be the DA based on his past criminal conduct.

Further, I can assure you that he had better watch "his Ps & Qs", as he will be carefully watched by enemies IN/OUT of law enforcement.

yours, satx

My tack is that there should be actual evidence before accusing someone of a crime and I can't in good conscience condone your tack of condemning someone with out evidence but maybe when you were a detective it was considered OK to arrest someone based on something you heard from granny at the gossip fence. Ecstasy is not a drug that has a high instance of addiction or difficulty in quitting and reportedly he sold it but did not use it. He reportedly doesn't even use alcohol but he may be a total dirt wad I don't know but no one here has presented anything here more than rumor and innuendo. I don't like the guy but I don't feel it is right to slander him without any proof that he is currently breaking the law. I do understand your feeling that his past infractions make him unfit to hold the office.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Okay. So Nico LaHood fucked up the same way a lot of people did when they were young, and he might possibly (according to third hand sources) still use drugs.

I'm supposed to take this seriously?

I understand that the drug arrest followed by the murder of his brother were life changing events and a wake up call for him. He could still be a dirt bag but just not a law breaking dirt bag. Who knows.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I hadn't heard about Susan Reed having an issue with alcohol, could you point me to an article. I wasn't able to find one.

Nah. Just more hearsay from my sources. As an occasional heavy drinker, I'll say every interview I've seen with her she looks shitfaced as Hell, even in her campaign promos and interviews. Almost as bad as that arrest photo of the Austin DA. In fact, every person I've talked to agrees she looks drunk as Hell all the time. She sets my hopeless drunk meter in the red and I'm always right when I get these kinds of instincts, so that's good enough for me.

I guess I'm a big fat hypocrite on this one.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Nah. Just more hearsay from my sources. As an occasional heavy drinker, I'll say every interview I've seen with her she looks shitfaced as Hell, even in her campaign promos and interviews. Almost as bad as that arrest photo of the Austin DA. In fact, every person I've talked to agrees she looks drunk as Hell all the time. She sets my hopeless drunk meter in the red and I'm always right when I get these kinds of instincts, so that's good enough for me.

I guess I'm a big fat hypocrite on this one.

Don't know about hypocrite but at least you admit it but you may have been with satx talking to grannie at the gossip fence. :p I tried to find something but couldn't and I would think something would have surfaced by now.

Last edited:

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I didn't know pointing out hearsay and 20 year old criticisms constituted sticking up for anyone.

While at the same time accusing reed of being a drunk with no arrests. "Nico" was charged. His daddy got him off with a slap on the wrist. I don't like either one but "nico" just by his commercials is a dick.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    While at the same time accusing reed of being a drunk with no arrests. "Nico" was charged. His daddy got him off with a slap on the wrist. I don't like either one but "nico" just by his commercials is a dick.

Meh. First time offenders usually get very light sentences even without a lawyer. Our legal system is so unprepared to deal out harsh sentences in most instances it's pathetic. For example, according to the author of More Homicidal Humor, Travis County, with the highest rate of murder convictions in the state, can only afford to seek the death penalty in 1 out of every 7 cases. If that's how murders are treated in the most aggressive towards murder county in Texas, it's now wonder we see people skating for drug dealing.

What was wrong with his commercials? The only ones I saw looked like resume comparisons between him and Reed.

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    London,

Pardon me for pointing out that SA/Bexar County has PLENTY of $$$$$$$$ for FOOLISHNESS, like the "streetcar project" & throwing away $$$$$$$$ on seeking a NFL franchise. =====> It's a matter of "priorities".

WHEN/IF the corrupt city/county government decides to stop "sweetheart deals" & starts "nailing felons to the wall" & putting them away for MAX sentences to TDC, the crime rate will fall a great deal. = Over 75% of felonies in TX are committed by persons, who were previously arrested for a felony. = It's really NO more complicated than this: INCARCERATED felons commit few crimes in "free society".

just my OPINION, satx

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    London,

Pardon me for pointing out that SA/Bexar County has PLENTY of $$$$$$$$ for FOOLISHNESS, like the "streetcar project" & throwing away $$$$$$$$ on seeking a NFL franchise. =====> It's a matter of "priorities".

WHEN/IF the corrupt city/county government decides to stop "sweetheart deals" & starts "nailing felons to the wall" & putting them away for MAX sentences to TDC, the crime rate will fall a great deal. = Over 75% of felonies in TX are committed by persons, who were previously arrested for a felony. = It's really NO more complicated than this: INCARCERATED felons commit few crimes in "free society".

just my OPINION, satx

Trust me, I know all about this city's mismanagement of money. I'm convinced they do it on purpose. Still, there is the issue of diverting funds, re-setting budgets, etc. Our leaders aren't interested in that; they're interested in trivial pet projects which cost maximum dollars for minimal improvements on society, like turning four lane streets into two lane congested nightmares for the sake of adding bicycle lanes no one uses, or raising taxes to give every loser parent in the city free babysitting in the form of pre-k.

Even our Riverwalk extensions, which I actually like in theory, were designed so badly it had to have been intentional. Who puts miles and miles of sidewalk right next to a riverbank only a foot or two higher in elevation? The last flood that came around completely buried miles of sidewalk. We get these kinds of floods about every ten years, and yet our city planners claim that kind of flooding was "Unforseeable." Well that's funny. Even a layman like me knew what was going to happen the first time I saw the new extensions; it was the first thing I said, in fact.

I can't wait to move out of this giant roach hotel.

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    London,

I wouldn't be so AGAINST "pre-K for SA" if it wasn't just VERY EXPENSIVE baby-sitting. = I was once stationed in a city that had a QUALITY (and inexpensive, btw) 2-3 year Pre-K/kindergarten system, where children actually learned academic subjects, received good/hot lunches (It was a quite POOR area & we discovered that "school lunch" was often the only decent meals that over a third of the children received all week. = When the local parents found out THAT sad information, we started sending "box suppers" home with the kindergarten/elementery students.) & were well-prepared for starting 1st grade.
    (In point of fact, after 4 years of the "Improved Kindergarten Project", the elementary school curriculum in the city/county had to be "PLUSED-UP", as the students arrived in the public schools system with many "1st grade skills".)

just my OPINION, satx

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    DubiousDan; Southpaw,

The SAME thing can be correctly said of ALL funds expended for PUBLIC SCHOOLS. = My adult daughter cost the taxpayers ZERO for her (EXCELLENT) education from K-17 years of education, as she attended only parochial schools. = Her BSEE is from Sacred Heart & her MSEE is also from a private/Catholic university.

Personally, I believe that we would be better off if there was NO public schools (I once lived in a county in VA that abolished their public schools for a period & the churches/non-profits "picked up" the burden. = That worked out FINE & the county still would be "all private", except for being harassed/sued repeatedly by the DoE.) & we gave scholarships to LAWFULLY-resident students from our city/county/state. = That would save taxpayers MANY BILLIONS of $$$$$$.

Nonetheless, I would NOT be SO COMPLETELY HOSTILE to "Pre-K for SA" if it was a QUALITY/academic program.
    '
    just my OPINION, satx

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    DubiousDan; Southpaw,

The SAME thing can be correctly said of ALL funds expended for PUBLIC SCHOOLS

It is not the same thing. Public schools are available to all children within its district. Pre K for SA is a tax on everyone but the service is only available to a specific segment of the population. It's a tax specifically aimed at a specific entitlement.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    "Nico da Hood", won his election because it "was for the Children." Plus he had a trial attorney bank roll his campaign messages (Henry).

Follow the money.

"Pre-K for SA" is nothing more than a scam to tax us to pay for day care for unwed mothers and their children.

Wait till the folks on the East Side of San Antonio find out that His Royal Mayorship constructed Pre-K for the West Side.

The sumbitch has been gone so long I forget his name (Castro?), but he serves in Obama's Cabinet today.

We even have a former mayor (Cisnernos) trying to bring a losing NFL team (Oakland Raiders) to SA.

This is all kinds of flokked up.

And, we have to spend another $43 M to renovate the Alamo Dome to attract College Basketball playoffs?

We are being played like a piano.

Screw them all!

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I used to love going to San Antonio.
    I won't be back.

Yeah, it was gradual but noticeable.
    Good luck guys.

Top Bottom