• satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    txinvestigator,

Are you a member of the TX bar?
    (Fwiw, I'm definitely NOT "confused" about what I was told by my school chum & she certainly wasn't lying.)

Even if you were 100% correct, are you really so naïve as to not know that Bexar County's government is about as ANTI-self defense as the city's government is?
    (SORRY, but I'm "too old a bunny" to trust city/county government, as I was a city/parish/state/federal LEO for 3 decades & have seen how amoral that local courts routinely are when it comes to enforcing "the elites" leftist prejudices.)

just my OPINIONS, satx
    DK Firearms

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    txinvestigator,

Are you a member of the TX bar?
    (Fwiw, I'm definitely NOT "confused" about what I was told by my school chum & she certainly wasn't lying.)

Even if you were 100% correct, are you really so naïve as to not know that Bexar County's government is about as ANTI-self defense as the city's government is?
    (SORRY, but I'm "too old a bunny" to trust city/county government, as I was a city/parish/state/federal LEO for 3 decades & have seen how amoral that local courts routinely are when it comes to enforcing "the elites" leftist prejudices.)

just my OPINIONS, satx

Are you a member of the bar?

I can read, and I have a little bit of training in use of force and laws. I hold a TCLEOSE Instructor's certification, a Texas DPS, PSB Classroom and Firearm's Instructor certification, and I have attended a couple of classes taught by attorneys. I don't know what your "chum" told you, but you were mistaken in quite a bit in your post.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    To London, et. al.,

It just so happens that an old boarding school chum of mine is "a big shot" with one of the city's police agencies & she said that the "official city policy" is that everyone has received "constructive notice" of all city ordinances, inasmuch as the ordinances have been published in THE SAN ANTONIO EXPRESS NEWS & in other venues of the public media. ====> The old "ignorance of law is no defense" scam!!!
    (In other words, "the deck is stacked" & "the dice are loaded" against ordinary people like you/me, as the city has taxpayer's $$$$$ to spend to defend their radical leftist prejudices & we two have little in comparison.)

yours, satx

What does any of that have to do with the fact that criminal trespass is not prosecuted in the city courts? The city ordinance violates state law and the state constitution.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Thanks for the clarification, TXI. What about this business of not being able to sue the city for unlawful arrests?

I dunno, will the file clerk's at the civil district or federal courts refuse to take a suit? Of course they won't refuse to take a case. I'd have to do the research, but I cannot imagine the courts allowing the city of SA to behave in any unlawful manner they desire and claim Kings X.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    txinvestigator,

NOPE. As I said before here, I'm NOT a lawyer. - Instead, I'm a retired federal SSA, SDUSM (for 4 years) & former TX state officer.

Also, my characterization of the general dishonesty of our local city/county government, in regard to the 2nd Amendment & carrying licensed firearms is correct.

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    txinvestigator,

Inasmuch as you quoted my post #28 in your post #38 of this thread, didn't you understand that I'm not a lawyer?
    (CHUCKLE.)

yours, satx

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    To London, et. al.,

It just so happens that an old boarding school chum of mine is "a big shot" with one of the city's police agencies & she said that the "official city policy" is that everyone has received "constructive notice" of all city ordinances, inasmuch as the ordinances have been published in THE SAN ANTONIO EXPRESS NEWS & in other venues of the public media. ====> The old "ignorance of law is no defense" scam!!!
    (In other words, "the deck is stacked" & "the dice are loaded" against ordinary people like you/me, as the city has taxpayer's $$$$$ to spend to defend their radical leftist prejudices & we two have little in comparison.)

yours, satx
    OK... I think I can understand what you're saying.

Your friends' claims have no validity or solid ground to stand on.

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    OK... I think I can understand what you're saying.

Your friends' claims have no validity or solid ground to stand on.
    I believe his point is the fact that they didn't care about the validity. That and the supposed corruption at many levels there. I could be wrong though

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    My friend who is very well connected says satx78247 doesn't know what he's talking about and needs to learn how the quote feature works.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    The "shooter's" lady friend fingered him. Seems she did not wan't to join the street gang after all.

And San Antonio wants to "import" the Oakland Raiders Football Team to make this a "World-Class City?"

Puro San Antonio!

Top Bottom