• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Y2bad4U

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    polk County
    I got a question, I was thinking of chopping my barrel down. I have a remington express 870, and would like to have a breacher tip. I have found the choke styles, but if I chop it then I will have to get it rethreaded. Now I have found the 18" barrels for 100 bucks, and was wandering do those come threaded? If not, then who does anyone recommend to have it threaded? My local gunsmith won't do it.
    Military Camp

Joat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Kenefick, TX
    If you want the breacher it is cheaper and easier to get this barrel from CTD and do a barrel swap. UNLESS you have the stuff to thread your own barrel.
    I know a smith that will thread the barrel for you but he is at the GanderMtn on 290. Brad does good work, but his lead time is close to 4 weeks right now.

Joat

Jeff-Tex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Mesquite
    Probably not as local as you would like, but I'm sure you could get a barrel from bass pro on the west side of Houston. CTD isn't too bad, they ship pretty quickly.

KellyAsh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    Roatan, Honduras
    Posting to avoid confusion.

Texas Penal Code 46.01
    (10) "Short-barrel firearm" means a rifle with a barrel length of less than 16 inches or a shotgun with a barrel length of less than 18 inches, or any weapon made from a shotgun or rifle if, as altered, it has an overall length of less than 26 inches.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    Anyone ever done this to an old pump for like a snake gun or somethin'?

sawed-off-shotgun.gif

willygene

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    texas
    they will steer you right into jail for making it if i were you i would not have it. if you contact them and tell them you have it and you made it most likely they will contact your local area atf or local law enforcement agency and have you arrested. i would get a legal length barrel put it on and get rid of the short barrel asap.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    they will steer you right into jail for making it if i were you i would not have it. if you contact them and tell them you have it and you made it most likely they will contact your local area atf or local law enforcement agency and have you arrested. i would get a legal length barrel put it on and get rid of the short barrel asap.

What willy is saying is that if you already possess it you are in violation, and no one can help you. If you want to MAKE one into what was pictured you can, but you need the forms done, and fee paid first.

Top Bottom