Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I read the 30.06/07 sign as saying "I'm an antigun liberal and I don't want your business", so screw them...
    I generally (not always, but generally) agree. However, I see so many incorrect 30.06 signs that I take a completely different approach to those. I take those to mean "I'm pro-gun and you know it because you know this sign isn't right. I'm also appeasing the idiots who don't know this sign means exactly nothing, legally."

So every time I see a gunbusters sign or a 30.06 in 1/2" letters, I take that as an explicit, open-arms welcome to people carrying a concealed weapon.
    Target Sports

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I generally (not always, but generally) agree. However, I see so many incorrect 30.06 signs that I take a completely different approach to those. I take those to mean "I'm pro-gun and you know it because you know this sign isn't right. I'm also appeasing the idiots who don't know this sign means exactly nothing, legally."

So every time I see a gunbusters sign or a 30.06 in 1/2" letters, I take that as an explicit, open-arms welcome to people carrying a concealed weapon.

I like to think so myself.
    Except for the obvious result of the occasional LEO not agreeing ...

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    You can? TC 543.004 says a citation/notice to appear SHALL be issued, not MAY.

Speeding and Open Container remain "non-arrestable" offenses in TX.

There are no "non-arrestable" offenses in Texas.

For speeding and open container the Officer is required to give the violator a chance to sign a promise to appear. If he refuses to sign, off to jail he goes.

Top Bottom