• ...and so much more!
  • Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Don't recall exactly how HB910 was finally worded, but I would have to say the addition of the superfluous captions?
    Just asking ... not arguing.

Current language:

"Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by holder of license to carry a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (concealed handgun law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun"

New language:

"Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun."

Subtle but different. The statute, however, requires the precise wording.

Last edited:

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    FYI, the language on the 30.06 sign posted by Winchster is technically incorrect come Jan 1.

Incorrect TODAY too.

I had to read it one word at a time and refer to Code to see error.

2 errors I see, do not know Spanish

Last edited:

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Incorrect TODAY too.

I had to read it one word at a time and refer to Code to see error. Good catch!

2 errors I see, do not know Spanish

Not that I'd bet my freedom on this... but "the law is the law." That 30.06 is technically only effective come Jan 1, and only if correctly posted.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Current language:

"Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by holder of license to carry a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (concealed handgun law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun"

New language:

"Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun."

You're right must be damned subtle, but still don't see (hey - tablet, old eyes, and photo not all that clear) the difference in HB910's new wording, and the wording on the (obviously new) 30:06 sign posted by Winchster, that would make it, as you stated, "technically incorrect after Jan 1".

Help out these old eyes and point out the specific errors/difference, if you don't mind.
    Thanks ...

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    You're right must be damned subtle, but still don't see (hey - tablet, old eyes, and photo not all that clear) the difference in HB910's new wording, and the wording on the (obviously new) 30:06 sign posted by Winchster, that would make it, as you stated, "technically incorrect after Jan 1".

Help out these old eyes and point out the specific errors/difference, if you don't mind.
    Thanks ...

I got my comments crossed and I have edited my original post.

The posted 30.06 sign is correct for the new law, but only applies starting Jan 1. It is NOT correct now.

karlac

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I got my comments crossed and I have edited my original post.

The posted 30.06 sign is correct for the new law, but only applies starting Jan 1. It is NOT correct now.

Thanks ... that was my point all along.
    The wording in the new sign appeared correct and identical to the required language after Jan1.

You had me worried there for a minute. ;)

oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    karlac, the differences in RED.

Current language:

New language:

karlac

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    karlac, the differences in RED.

Well aware of the differences in old and new 30:06 since HB910 passed, thanks.
    That was not my question, it was with regard to why the new 30.06 in the photo was not correct after Jan1.
    It was patently and obviously incorrect until then ...

BTW, colorblind also. :)

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    the Planned Parenthood office next door had a 30.06 sign that was posted in the bottom corner of the last window in their office

Planned Parenthood DOES NOT NEED A FIREARM to end life. Only a form filled out.
    I personally don't care if they abort democrats but they care about the people aborting democrats. Kinda crazy but it is the world we live in.

bob

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Planned Parenthood DOES NOT NEED A FIREARM to end life. Only a form filled out.
    I personally don't care if they abort democrats but they care about the people aborting democrats. Kinda crazy but it is the world we live in.

bob

Strange enough, you'd think folks working at Planned Parenthood would ALL be carrying! They're working in a high risk, high-emotion, politically-charged environment. You'd think they'd want that protection (no pun intended).

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    Good example, though I don't want to get sidetracked with 30.06 posting requirements that have already been hashed out on here and most folks understand. However, the 30.07 requirements are new and I consider their vagueness somewhat disconcerting. I'd like to see more clarity.

To that end, suppose:

• This mall is in Texas,
    • The mall owners want no guns,
    • The store owners want no guns, so
    • They decide to post all entrances with both 30.06 and 30.07 signs.
    At this point of ingress, a single 30.06 sign posted right in the middle would suffice. Yes, I know that not even that is required; they could simply put one sign somewhere inside that they can argue is conspicuous. I'm trying to be a tad more practical with this hypothetical case.

Back to the topic at hand. Does this point of ingress require a single 30.07 sign or seven 30.07 signs?

Freiman-Mall-Entrance-Ottawa-1_zpsdxpe0jrz.jpg

I feel there should be 7 30.07 signs. However, I won't say the mall/store owners are stupid if they argue that this collection of doors comprises a single entrance and, therefore, only one 30.07 sign is needed.

The reason I'm harping on this is that, if you stop and think about it, there are a whole bunch of businesses that you enter through areas that look similar to this. Also, keep in mind that this analogy can be stretched quite a ways. While a single 30.07 sign might suffice for the spot shown in the picture, there are large public spaces with dozens of doors in a row. In those places, a single sign would clearly violate any intent in the law to make sure the signage is seen by every person who enters.

So, I'm confused. That's my normal state of being, however, so it doesn't have me particularly worried. :)

Comments or thoughts, anyone?
    I think that the answer is 2. One on each side of the set of doors, so that anyone entering has to walk where one of the signs is visible.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Also important to remember that after Jan 1 people can safely choose to ignore these signs, since the penalty will be lowered to the equivalent of a speeding ticket.

Top Bottom