Capitol Armory ad

SAXET Gun Show in SA (Feb 6-7, plus the rest of 2010 dates)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Just so you can mark it on your calendar's for next weekend (Feb 6-7), there will be the monthly SAXET show at the SA Event Center (8111 Meadow Leaf, or the intersection of Marbach and 410). Show hours are Sat. 9am - 6pm and Sun. 9am - 5pm, and parking is free. Last month's show was packed, as was last weekends SAXET show up in Stone Oak, so it might be a good idea to get there early!

This show is the first weekend of every month, in case you want to mark the rest of your calendar as well! Here are the other remaining dates for this year...

Mar 6-7
    Apr 3-4
    May 1-2
    Jun 5-6
    Jul 3-4
    Aug 7-8
    Sep 4-5
    Oct 2-3
    Nov 6-7
    Dec 4-5

Cheers! M2
    Texas SOT

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Just a reminder about the SAXET show this Saturday! I may be "gun poor" by the time it arrives (I picked up two milsurp rifles this week, and another at the show the weekend before last), but we'll still go just for the fun of it!!

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    I can't go till Sunday, my wife say's I can't go without her (she works on Saturday's). She REALLY likes going... how cool is that??????

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Looks like it'll be Sunday for me as well....have a "Range Day" w/our local HOG chapter Saturday - and since I'm bringin' most of the hardware, I figger I'd best be there. ;)

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Skip, you could go Saturday and Sunday!

I am also looking forward to it, the Polish M44 I was lined up to look at this evening fell through (the owner decided to keep it). I am bummed as I need a Pole M44 to complete my collection, I have a M44 from every country that made it except Poland.

Hopefully my buds from General will have some cool Mosins for me to buy!

Cheers! M2

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Skip, you could go Saturday and Sunday!

I am also looking forward to it, the Polish M44 I was lined up to look at this evening fell through (the owner decided to keep it). I am bummed as I need a Pole M44 to complete my collection, I have a M44 from every country that made it except Poland.

Hopefully my buds from General will have some cool Mosins for me to buy! :banger

Cheers! M2

You SIR.....Are an enabler!!!!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I'm bummed, the Polish M44 deal fell through (the owner had second thoughts on selling it). I hope there's something good at the show to lift my spirits!

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    Looks like I may head down to this show on Sat, since Austin Screwed us Royally...Can't wait for this Election to roll around..Ugh!!

What is the cost for the show?

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I'll be the Harley rider....red Ultra! Although going for breakfast first sounds good, too - we're talkin' about the one kinda to the right of the place,right?

Admission is $5.

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Yeppers, you can see it from the parking lot of the Gun show. It's next door...just across the street. The main entrance to the parking lot is on the street that runs behind the Event center. We will be there for sure at 9 on Sun if anyone wants to join.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Another great show, crowded as always and parking was a pain! There was still a line to get in when we left at 10:30 this morning, and we barely found a place to park when we arrived ten minutes before opening.

Simply put, there were lots of vendors, lots of guns and lots of ammo. I think with the problems they are having up in in with gun shows a lot of those folks are heading down here. I did see some SAPD in the parking lot but they didn't seem to be bothering anyone. There were also a lot of private sellers walking around with stuff, so none of the shenanigans that the TGS show up in Austin was pulling. Everybody was friendly and polite, as usual. This truly is turning into one of the best gun shows in the state if it isn't already...

I picked up a potbelly 1936 Finn-captured Tula 91/30 at a nice price. The stock on this thing is really beautiful. There was a decent amount of milsurp stuff there but this rifle was probably the nicest one I saw for a reasonable price.

Cheers! M2

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    I had a bad experience.

Screw Schluder Shots!.... those D-bags... Guy quotes me $225 on an Complete AR Lower. I go to pay, wait 20 effin' minutes because they don't have A PEN!.. Yes... NO PEN and i was waiting for another guy to finish... I fill out my paperwork and go to pay and the guy says "250+ Tax is...." and i say "250???? the guy said 225 cash show special"... he said NOPE... 250 take it or leave it. So i told him i'll leave it... i asked "since you made me wait for a pen and ive been ehre for 45 minutes so far how about you meet me half way... 235... your guy told me 225, thats not my bad. He ripped up my paperwork and said "NOPE"..

So i went across the table to SOG and bought a lower for 250... I went back to that asshole to show him the lower and told him i'll make sure to give them a Review on all the forums i frequent. Here's the kicker, after telling the SOG guys what happened, they gave me a $30 Flash Suppressor for FREE... YUP.... I know who i'll deal with.

So once again, Please think twice before dealing with Schluder Shots... Bad attitude, Bad Manners and overall just a jerk. Too bad they have decent prices and im sure will sell plenty but they won't see a DIME from me.

Other than that deal, the show was pretty good... very crowded, some mouth breathers blocking isle's but overall a good show. Parking was NUTS, i got very lucky and got a front spot... i was going to stay longer and look for a revolver but i got a call from my apt manager telling me i needed to get back quick because my apt is flooded. SO now i gotta sit here with no water untill they fix it and wait for the plumbers.

JOe

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom