ARJ Defense ad

SAXET Gun Show in SA (Feb 6-7, plus the rest of 2010 dates)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Adionik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    san antonio
    Damn, can't wait to go tomorrow. How much was 9mm ammo going for? Any AK's?

I'll probably hit up the range for a bit after the show...G26 is feeling neglected.
    Gun Zone Deals

Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    Great show but the parking sucks! I saw one vehicle being towed and saw "other areas reserved"!

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    Ammo prices were through the roof..WTF are they thinking...Very Crowded, but that didn't bother me so much, except the stupid people pushing baby cariges up and down isle that are too small...sold the AR, so now I have cash to blow on something..LOL..1911, shotgun, something..

I had an issue with one dealer..I go to buy a shotgun and the guy kept ignoring me..even after I told him I wanted it...go figure...I finally just walked away..no biggie, I can get the same dang gun at Dick's for the same price...or better...

I need to post a WTB add..does those actually work? It drives me nuts to see all the adds over on TGT that are priced at retail...I mean REALLY? What kind of crap are they smokin! oh well..

All in all it was a good show..I hate that I have to drive almost 2 hrs to go to a show...We need a Change in Austin...We need a change in leadership! We need to run the liberals out on a freaking rail...

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Getting ready to head to Appetito's next to the gun show, we will be there at 9. can't miss me. My wife and 3 kids will be with me. Hope to see yall there. and we will be at the front of the gunshow at 10. See ya there, Skip

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Ammo prices were through the roof..WTF are they thinking...Very Crowded, but that didn't bother me so much, except the stupid people pushing baby cariges up and down isle that are too small...sold the AR, so now I have cash to blow on something..LOL..1911, shotgun, something..

I had an issue with one dealer..I go to buy a shotgun and the guy kept ignoring me..even after I told him I wanted it...go figure...I finally just walked away..no biggie, I can get the same dang gun at Dick's for the same price...or better...

I need to post a WTB add..does those actually work? It drives me nuts to see all the adds over on TGT that are priced at retail...I mean REALLY? What kind of crap are they smokin! oh well..

All in all it was a good show..I hate that I have to drive almost 2 hrs to go to a show...We need a Change in Austin...We need a change in leadership! We need to run the liberals out on a freaking rail...

I have put some WTB ads over on TGT and had some luck. Threre are some reasonable sellers. You just need to be specific, what you want, what you WONT pay. I agree that most of the ads over there are a joke, and the guns just sit there unsold for weeks. I still dont get how when some guns sell in a day and others dont sell for months, yet the sellers continue to try to get retail+ for there used guns.
    I'm glad everyone is enjoying SAXET....I like to go look around once in awhile, but usually see lots of retail+ prices. The part I like is running into those that bring and walk around with 4-8 guns that they want to sell/trade....or finding some little part or piece of leather that I had been looking for forever.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Hoo-yah! Got over there, met up with Skip an' got ta watch him buy hisself a purty li'l AR-15 with lots of doo-dads on it. Took me some trade bait along - P232 an' a single-stack Beretta 380, swapped it out fer an AK in .223 an' got a li'l cash on the trade to boot....

D-Day

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    Didn't buy anything at the Gunshow today, but bought a Springfield Armory Subcompact 40 and a Wilson Combat .45 today. Bought those before I went to the show, so I wasn't really looking tospend much at the show. All in all it was a good day.

Adionik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    san antonio
    Kind of sad I paid so much for my Glock after seeing a few of the prices. Even saw some Gen 2's going for $400!

Either way, I got a good deal on some 9mm ammo. Even got a box of 50 hollow points for $12! Insane! I got their card so I will be giving them a call. I don't believe they are reloads but they're made in house. I was a bit skeptical but I went to A Place to Shoot and 249 went through great.

Blargh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ( Howdy fellas! New member; How do you do and what not :D )

I was present at the last show; one more to agree the parking was atrocious. Luckily for us somebody left the show about 1 row from the front door so we didn't need to walk so far. The line was like 63 people long, too.

Inside was fairly run of the mill stuff (I only go for mil-surps), though I *DID* manage to score an M44 carbine [with a single-digit serial number too! Woo!] for $178 tax included. It's in great shape, too.

I was kinda dissapointed to hear about Texas Bulldog's experience with Shluder Shots.... The old guy seemed kinda nice to me the few times I've met him [I will agree that their stuff is kinda iffy on terms of price... I've bought better condition mosins from individuals for about as much as one of his low-grades]. I guess it's all about individual experiences.

Waffen

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Texas
    Everyone,
    I'm Bruce Schluderman, and this is my Company Joe is referring to. I am based out of Round Rock Texas. My office phone is 512-255-2111. We are located in the center of the Saxet show. Call me at 512-431-4313 and my staff and I will prove to you what this individual is saying is not true.

At no point did anyone working for me or I act rudely to this individual. His statements are slander toward me and my company. What he fails to mention is that he quized more than one person anout the prices of our product, as in some attempt to slip one of my guys up. I'm not Walmart selling $200k per hour. Prices are set and that is it. There are other items in the case for $225, maybe my worker Brian thought you meant that item. Even if he mad a mistake, and quoted you the wrong price, I can't make my expenses selling at cost out of concern that you will slander me on some web site. There are ramifications to your statements, and I can get three signed affidavids what you are saying is not true. You never did make the $235 offer as you stated, you never came back after you made the purchase @ SOG as you stated. Our prices on lowers were the best at the show. That's why people had to wait. We usually have 5 or more 4473's in process at one time. I run out of pens cause people don't return them when they finish with them!! If I was the Rude SOB you put me out to be, why do we generally sell out of product in SA.

Sincerely
    Bruce Schluderman
    Owner, Schluder Shots

I had a bad experience.

Screw Schluder Shots!.... those D-bags... Guy quotes me $225 on an Complete AR Lower. I go to pay, wait 20 effin' minutes because they don't have A PEN!.. Yes... NO PEN and i was waiting for another guy to finish... I fill out my paperwork and go to pay and the guy says "250+ Tax is...." and i say "250???? the guy said 225 cash show special"... he said NOPE... 250 take it or leave it. So i told him i'll leave it... i asked "since you made me wait for a pen and ive been ehre for 45 minutes so far how about you meet me half way... 235... your guy told me 225, thats not my bad. He ripped up my paperwork and said "NOPE"..

So i went across the table to SOG and bought a lower for 250... I went back to that asshole to show him the lower and told him i'll make sure to give them a Review on all the forums i frequent. Here's the kicker, after telling the SOG guys what happened, they gave me a $30 Flash Suppressor for FREE... YUP.... I know who i'll deal with.

So once again, Please think twice before dealing with Schluder Shots... Bad attitude, Bad Manners and overall just a jerk. Too bad they have decent prices and im sure will sell plenty but they won't see a DIME from me.

Other than that deal, the show was pretty good... very crowded, some mouth breathers blocking isle's but overall a good show. Parking was NUTS, i got very lucky and got a front spot... i was going to stay longer and look for a revolver but i got a call from my apt manager telling me i needed to get back quick because my apt is flooded. SO now i gotta sit here with no water untill they fix it and wait for the plumbers.

JOe

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Everyone,
    There are other items in the case for $225, maybe my worker Brian thought you meant that item. Even if he mad a mistake, and quoted you the wrong price, I can't make my expenses selling at cost out of concern that you will slander me on some web site. There are ramifications to your statements, and I can get three signed affidavids what you are saying is not true. You never did make the $235 offer as you stated, you never came back after you made the purchase @ SOG as you stated. Our prices on lowers were the best at the show.

Okay...so which is it - there was no such offer, or if there was one, it was a mistake? And if YOUR guy DID make a mistake, then tough - you still won't honor it? Geez...3 different stories presented - and yet never any kind of "You know, it shouldn't have happened - if it did, I can't afford to take that kind of loss, but we DO try hard...." Instead, there's a thinly-veiled threat of consequences for what he said happened...which you first say DIDN'T happen, then say it was maybe a mistake - then say if it was a mistake, ESAD?

I can (and do) generally side with a business on the issue of customer complaints if the customer is unreasonable...unless their first comment is what most folks would take as a threat. So, ah'll tell ya what...tell me what company name you run under at the show and ah'll make SURE that I don't darken your table with my $$$.

Have a nice day.

BMRSiteBiz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    houston
    My name is Brian - I was there working the show... I am the guy that miss quoted you the price the third time you asked. The other guys gave you the correct price before and after that... our prices are low I am sorry for the mistake there is not a lot of room when we go this low.

I feel bad about this situation - I am sorry I miss quoted the price... The real deal is that you asked me about several things and lost track we have cheaper lowers and more expensive ones... The other guys correctly quoted the price that was like my second show ever and I messed up. Bruce told you the price even before you went to fill out paper work.

You pointed out correctly in your post that we have great prices - well that is true we pride ourselves in keeping our prices down and having things in stock. In the future I will have a price sheet or something so this never happens again...

Dude - about the pen thing -- people always take our pens - and we had a line of people buying stuff - the pens where in the hands of peoples that where buying things. Our prices are low so we ran out of pens... there where so many people buying that we got wiped out on pens... I have a solution to this problem.... come find us and ask us what we are doing about the pen problem I think you will like it.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Hey, Waffen - how's that CROW TASTE?!?? Your own man now says that he DID quote the price wrong - so it IS "your fault". Now....YOU have said that "I will prove to you what this individual is saying is not true." Sounds to me like it IS true - and that you owe him an apology.

But don't worry - I won't hold my breath!

BMRSiteBiz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    houston
    I told him the correct price and a price on an item that was actually different and cheaper - you know how it is. Bruce was not there when I was talking to Joe - but for the record Joe asked Bruce the price also and Bruce told him $250.

BMRSiteBiz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    houston
    Actually you should come over and see us we always have a lot of cool stuff - I will do better on the price thing and I can assure you Bruce is cool... He knows alot of stuff he has been a C3 dealer for a long time.

Top Bottom