• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jcrntx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Show was busier than normal and saw LOTS of sales being made. Only saw 1 table with crazy prices (although I didn't check them all) as they wanted $120 for DPMS lower parts kits. I found some more 7.62x39 and even scored some steel/corrosive primed 7.62x54r for .13 a round!

Guns International

Last edited:

rl96ss

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    CenTex
    Show was busier than normal and saw LOTS of sales being made. Only saw 1 table with crazy prices (although I didn't check them all) as they wanted $120 for DPMS lower parts kits. I found some more 7.62x39 and even scored some steel/non-corrosive 7.62x54r for .13 a round!

Nice haul ! What model CZ is that ?

rl96ss

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    CenTex
    75 Compact. Already regret not getting the PCR which is the same model but has the aluminum frame/decocker like my P01. A small but noticeable weight difference. Guess I have to get another CZ..... :loaded:
    Nothing wrong with that, I'm looking to add a couple more also.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Hmmmm.....looks like this...

attachment.php

(Sorry for the huge pic, it's a link!)

...which Century recalled because the boxes (which were white) were labeled "noncorrosive" but had corrosive primers installed.

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?374861-red-army-recall-ammo

I don't think it's a big deal, just wanted to let you know!

Cheers! M2

jcrntx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Yep, that's the stuff. I saw that before I picked this up and figured this could be the same stuff (although I hadn't seen the 560rd boxes like I picked up being mentioned) but as I shoot the corrosive stuff already thought it was worth a try for the price!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Yep, that's the stuff. I saw that before I picked this up and figured this could be the same stuff (although I hadn't seen the 560rd boxes like I picked up being mentioned) but as I shoot the corrosive stuff already thought it was worth a try for the price!

Damn skippy! I'd be all over it at that price if I didn't already have a fair amount of the stuff!

DarkwingDuck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    2016 SAXET Gun Show

Rainy and muddy. Parking was two rows deep into the back grass field by 1030.

At 1045, the entry line was past the end of the building headed towards the enclosed vendor parking area. By 1430, it was going the other direction towards the mattress store corner. Welcome back, lines of 2012/13.

Packed inside. The ratio of non-gun vendors to gun vendors continues to rise: no bueno.

Saw three open carriers among the throngs. Didn't pay attention whether 30.06 is still posted. Did find it curious that vendors still had security zip-ties & no magazines for their open carried sidearm.

Also spotted two gentlemen in full-on Catholic priest garb, long gun in tow.

ICKSP-Burke-2-640x423.jpg

DWD

Dellis

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2016
    Those are not real priests...it's a all white rap group out of Austin performing at the San Antonio Hilton.

Thanks for the gun show report, now is this the same for Sunday, as in crowd?

Thanks

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Those are not real priests...it's a all white rap group out of Austin performing at the San Antonio Hilton.

Thanks for the gun show report, now is this the same for Sunday, as in crowd?

Thanks

Ummmmm....just how in the hell is he suppose to know what tomorrow is going to be like?!? :)

But I am not surprised, with this "threat" of an Obama EO covering the so-called gun show "loophole" this should have been expected. I also suspect the price of .22LR has also doubled at the show.

As for the priests, ya gotta watch out for those guys! First they don't wantcha openly carrying at church, then the next thing you know this happens...

giphy.gif

Or even worse, they start neckbearding all the rimfire ammo! :D

Cheers! M2

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Rainy and muddy. Parking was two rows deep into the back grass field by 1030.

At 1045, the entry line was past the end of the building headed towards the enclosed vendor parking area. By 1430, it was going the other direction towards the mattress store corner. Welcome back, lines of 2012/13.

Packed inside. The ratio of non-gun vendors to gun vendors continues to rise: no bueno.

Saw three open carriers among the throngs. Didn't pay attention whether 30.06 is still posted. Did find it curious that vendors still had security zip-ties & no magazines for their open carried sidearm.

Also spotted two gentlemen in full-on Catholic priest garb, long gun in tow.

ICKSP-Burke-2-640x423.jpg

DWD

See a good amount of stripped lowers? 308 lowers?

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Those jerks at Dreadnaught were selling the hell out of forged 308 lowers both days. 223 lowers were selling heavily as well. Fun times.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    The merging!

I'll be at the usual three tables. Have a new batch of "PEW PEW PEW" marked lowers and a case of BLACK GUNS MATTER tee-shirts.

Top Bottom