004e6a444f31bf912db7da37583daf68.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gun Zone Deals

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I did not know there was a grey area in dealing with NFA items. I think that is a term basement warriors came up with to scare the younguns into submission.

A gun is NFA or not NFA

The thing that is added is not meant to be a stock its meant to be an arm brace and an arm brace is fine if it has ATF approval. If it does not have a letter saying its good well then its up to the ATF to determine if it is or not.

Your choice is do you want to be the test case used to determine if it is or is not and if your willing to risk a felony and loss of the rights you have now as a non felon.

RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    It has a collapsible brace, I can’t recollect a pistol w a collapsible brace

That’s what makes It grey/fuzzy

If it had a VFG it would def have to be an SBR

But it has an AFG that would keep it in pistol catagory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    That's an adjustable pistol brace and completely legal.

However, a new president and new ATF could make it illegal overnight.

Pistol braces are a little bit of a gamble for that reason.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Would not SBR vs pistol depend upon whether it was classified originally?

From another site:
    A receiver that has been previously completed in a rifle configuration is classified by the ATF as a short barreled rifle. In order to prove that a receiver has never been completed in a rifle configuration, you need to obtain certification from the receiver manufacturer. Furthermore make sure your dealer does not describe the receiver as “rifle” on ATF form 4473.

Wedge1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2017
    Schertz
    Good grief people. Just pay your darn $200 and be done with it. Quit being so technical and just do what I always do and register your lower. Then you can do whatever you want. Easy peasy.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Good grief people. Just pay your darn $200 and be done with it. Quit being so technical and just do what I always do and register your lower. Then you can do whatever you want. Easy peasy.

Yeah, just take off work and waste a day getting fingerprints and passport photos, signatures from CLEO, pay an EXTRA $200 for no reason and wait 6months to a year to build your rifle. Then carry that paperwork with you everywhere you go and you better not get caught loaning that sucker to anybody.

Freedom ain't cheap ya know, And PICK UP THAT CAN!

Wedge1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2017
    Schertz
    Dude...quit living in 2016. Now that 2017 is here you no longer need CLEO sign off and you can do the ENTIRE THING in an hour with the new electronic Form 1’s at Silenser Shop, updated barcode and all. In fact, most of the time it takes less then 30 minutes. And who told you that you « have to keep the paperwork with you everywhere you go? ». That’s completely UNTRUE. the law is that it must be registered in the NFRTR. you ONLY must show docs and proof of registration to an ATF officer once they summon you to the federal courthouse. And I’ve NEVER been questioned in more than 25 years of going to the range with my toys. (Note: I own the range!)
    The reality is that you’ve clearly been given very old info

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I have always had an issue with paying the government $200 for permission to cut a few inches off a gun barrel.

16"? Free. 12"? That will be $200 please.

When the Blades and Braces came out it made even less sense to me.

But to each their own.

Wedge1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2017
    Schertz
    Dawico...what you think i LIKE paying the $200 tax? No, of course not. But I also know that the BATFE issued a « rule » on the braces and other crap. And I also know they can just as easily « unissue » that rule. And yes they’ve clearly done so in the past many times on many different things. But the $200 almost assured me that I am good to go. They can’t unissue a federal law, but a rule they can. In other words, quit being a lazy excuse maker, and go on your lunch break or a Saturday morning down to the local gun store that has a kiosk and do the deed. You can do the entire thing in 30 minutes. Otherwise you’re simply making excuses for what you don’t want to do (I despise paying taxes, too!) and pay the $200. Besides, then at least you’ll get a one-time experience on just how easy the new Form 1s and Form 4s really are.
    Or sit at home or at the range and keep having to buy pistol braces or whatever else they approve or might « soon disapprove » and keep going with the status quo. But the reality is that everyone complains about $200. I spent that on dinner the other night in Greune with the wife.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Dude...quit living in 2016. Now that 2017 is here you no longer need CLEO sign off and you can do the ENTIRE THING in an hour with the new electronic Form 1’s at Silenser Shop, updated barcode and all. In fact, most of the time it takes less then 30 minutes. And who told you that you « have to keep the paperwork with you everywhere you go? ». That’s completely UNTRUE. the law is that it must be registered in the NFRTR. you ONLY must show docs and proof of registration to an ATF officer once they summon you to the federal courthouse. And I’ve NEVER been questioned in more than 25 years of going to the range with my toys. (Note: I own the range!)
    The reality is that you’ve clearly been given very old info

Hell, Silencer shop is only 2.5 hours away.

Guess that's nothing compared to the 6-12 months of waiting while the ATF snorts cole through a couple rolled 100 dollar bills.

Oh, and I have a trust so I need to get everyone else in for fingerprints and pictures too.

All these freedom is getting kinda inconvenient.

Hell, I don't even have to sell all that much of my life away for $200. Maybe miss one of my kids TKD tournaments to work an extra Saturday.

Sorry if I don't buy in to the Clayton Williams mentality towards the NFA.

Top Bottom