Lynx Defense

Scam Artist #2 - Col. George Elswick -- Update: CAUGHT!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dinki Dow

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Killeen, TX
    Set up at the Buchanan Dam gun show and sold two guns to a Colonel in full uniform with his wife and 8-10 year old boy who stopped at my table, looked and then checked the rest of the show. He came back and asked some questons about a Sig and a Ruger and for me to make him a deal. He talked to his wife and she said if he wanted them to buy them. She wrote a check and he signed it and I had him put the serial numbers on the check. We talked a few more minutes and than they left. Two weeks later we got a copy of the check back saying the account was closed. Reported same to Llano Sherff dept but they felt I was screwed as I didn't get a driver license #. Even then it would be slim.I guess what put me off guard was after 22 yrs active duty you tend to get brained washed when talking to a higher up and tend to trust them. I can't get over the fact he even had his kid with him. Sure sold me. I don't know if it was the same Colonel or not but one bought $2000.00 worth of tools at Sears on a credit card, two weeks before me. You guessed it bad card. It's hell when you can't trust a man in uniform any more.
    CASH FROM NOW ON.
    Guns International

Dinki Dow

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Killeen, TX
    I haven't contacted the ATF yet as I thought I'd try to get more info. Callled the bank and found out the bank address on the check does not exists. There is no branch in that town. From what I could gather from customer service there is an Elswick who has that account, but he is not in the military. The guys name on the check (COL George C Elswick). It appears the check was made by him. They figured he stole a check and used the routing # and no telling how many more are out there. The Chief of Police here in town called Ft Hood and they have no record of him. He doesn't think he is even in the Army even though he told me he was on post waiting on order to go to Iraq. I believe he bought a uniform at a surplus store and became an instant COL. How he found the show I was at I don't know as there is little advertisement. We normally get people from within 40-50 miles and you might even call it a local show as everybody knows everybody else. I appreciate the support you all are giving me with ideas and I'll keep you posted.

Dinki Dow

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Killeen, TX
    Checked his DL but # doesn't show up in any data base. Probably forged like the check. He was slick using his wife and kid as a ploy if it was his wife. Will talk to the insurance people about theft by check in morning.

Dinki Dow

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Killeen, TX
    Still couldn't open up the link with the pictures but I turned everything you sent me over to the Ft Hood Provost Marshall. Seems like he has been around for quite awhile. They also sent the info to Llano County Sheriff's office and recommended they forward it to the ATF. They are also checking all Pawn Shops in the area. Looks like the Army wants him to.

gunshowgal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2009
    BLACKSBURG, VA
    Sorry for the confusion, I have a dealer at the Salem, VA show whom has accepted a conterfit check from a Col. George Elswick. The check was from Palm Coast Florida, he was dressed in uniform, with a child. I googled the name, it took me here. Is this person the same as Billar Idir Dekkar? It seems he has also wrote another check to another dealer. The show was July 18 - 19, 2009 in Salem, VA. Any info will be great. Thanks!

My dealer whom was taken for $2700, was not a gun dealer. He is targeting high priced items.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    No, it's NOT Billar - it's another guy a couple of pages back in another thread. I know the other guy's been in touch w/you, because I alerted him to your post and he said he'd been in touch. So hopefully, you guys can compare notes and go from there. Tell whoever it is that his trail goes all over the country, and he seems to focus on passing as a "family man".

VAD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    US
    COL Elswick

I am interested in finding Colonel Elswick, I will accept any information (locations he has been, bio information, payment information, anything) in the furtherance of my inquiry. Please PM me with informaiton you may have. Thank you.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    If I were this guy, and I am NOT, I would log in to boards anonymously to find out what information people have on him. Maybe you should check out people that are asking about information about the Col, it may be him.

This would be a good place to get intel on how close your pursuers are.

Just my 2 cents.

Texsun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    It's networking like this that gets things done if y'all catch him see if he has my catalytic converter.

VAD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    US
    Also

Vehicle information would be a high premium, any tag number or vehicle description is desired. I dont care if it is old information either

Top Bottom