Hurley's Gold

Scam Artist #2 - Col. George Elswick -- Update: CAUGHT!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kizmazz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    houston
    Hey Guys, this is not about this guy but I have a feeling that there is someone on TGT who might be a Scammer. I found at least 4 ads with different cities and different seller names but they are all the same guy. I tried contacting David but he has not responded to my numerous emails so I am posting my concerns here before someone loses money. He had an ad for a s&w and said he lived in Dallas, another ad for a Colt king Cobra in Jacksonville, Florida and a Colt 380 semi in Seffner, Florida. He offered to ship the gun directly to my house which was an oops! I asked for his telephone number many times and finally got one but it didn't belong to him! I asked him in the emails which I still have why he posts ads that state in lives in different cities. His response was he would getter a better response. Here are the ads that are still running with the Seller names that I found so far. I really hope that no one has lost any money because this guy's story is way too fishy .
    Category: Main > Guns > Shotguns
    Seller Info: likky001

Colt Cobra-polished stainless
    Jacksonville $ 650.00

Category: Main > Guns > Revolvers
    Seller Info: llkiks

Smith & Wesson Model 27 in .357 Magnum
    Dallas $ 950.00

Morgan001 colt 380 auto Seffner, florida

Major Woody

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    I would pass this by America's Most Wanted, sounds like this perp has messed over half the country. More charges = more years of living with 'Chester' in a cell. Was the woman charged? We need to include a nice ear ring with that liquid soap. LOL

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    By the way, this may be obvious to most but just in case a few don't realize, I checked Army Knowledge Online and there is no listing for a George Elswick. In other words, he was falsely wearing an Army uniform during his scams and yes, it is a Federal offense to impersonate a US military officer!

18 U.S.C. § 912 states that is "illegal for a person to falsely assumes or pretend to be an officer of any department of the United States and while doing so, either act as an officer or obtain any money because of it." Violating section 912 can be punished with a fine, imprisonment for up to three years, or both (source).

VAD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    US
    This case has seen a short delay however those interested may keep up with current events through the DOJ webpage for the WD of VA. Here is the first releasel which outlines what CGE is charged with. CGE remains in federal custody, more proceedings to follow.... Western District of Virginia - October 1, 2009. Please do not PM regarding this post.

VAD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    US
    VAD

CGE was arraigned last week in the US District Court for Western Virginia and held without bond until next proceeding.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    For the record....Elswick is also being sought in Florida on similar charges...

Crime Stoppers of Northeast Florida

They were NOT aware that he was in custody. THAT is no longer the case. <evil grin>

Hey, Cecil (or whoever you REALLY are).....there's some folks in Florida who're VERY anxious ta see ya!

Oh....seems York County, SC wasn't aware he was in custody, either.....yeah, ah did!<G>

Oh...an' some folks in Southern GA were lookin' for him as well....they ain't no more....yep, ah did!

VAD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    US
    Elswick

All jurisdictions with current legal process naming CGE have been/are notified. If, for some reason, you have a case involving CGE and believe your case detective/officer is not aware of his apprehension then advise the officer/agent/detective to contact the U.S. Attorney's Office Western Virginia/DCIS/ATF in Roanoke, VA. Or if your case officer/detective was seeking charges in your case and did not charge due to failure to locate CGE and would like to charge and seek extradition please contact the offices mentioned. No pm please.

VAD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    US
    CGE plead guilty today in Federal Court in the Western District of Virginia to charges of being a felon in possession of a firearm within the district and unauthorized wear of the uniform of the United States. Sentencing will follow in a later hearing...No pm please.

Dinki Dow

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Killeen, TX
    Received a call from the DOJ Agent on 4-30-10 in Virgina and found out Col. Elswick will be sentenced on May 22. He pleaded to possessing of an illegal firearm and impersonating a military officer. This was a plead bargain so they would not charge his wife and son. Will keep you posted on his sentence. Nice to know a DOJ Agent who by the way goes to Gun Shows and collects and shoots on the local team. He asked me to look for a S&W mdl 27 3 1/2" barrel and a mdl 52. Will appreciate any help in finding him one. PM me if you have any leads. He doubts if any of the victims will get back what was stolen. Me I lost a new s/s ruger 22 and a new sig 229 with extra barrel.

VAD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    US
    CGE was sentenced today in federal court of WDVA for the charges previously listed in these postings. He was sentenced to 42 months federal incarceration. Numerous other state jurisdictions are seeking detainers on CGE so that he can stand accountible for his actions in various state courts after his federal punishment is served.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    CGE was sentenced today in federal court of WDVA for the charges previously listed in these postings. He was sentenced to 42 months federal incarceration. Numerous other state jurisdictions are seeking detainers on CGE so that he can stand accountible for his actions in various state courts after his federal punishment is served.

42 months, is he going to serve all of it or are we looking at someone walking in half that? Three and a half years isn't a bad sentence, in federal pen, but it seems kinda lax. Personally I think he should be drug out and shot in public, but hey ... I'm a hundred years behind.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    42 months, is he going to serve all of it or are we looking at someone walking in half that? Three and a half years isn't a bad sentence, in federal pen, but it seems kinda lax. Personally I think he should be drug out and shot in public, but hey ... I'm a hundred years behind.

unless there is an exigent circumstance, Feds require you serve 90% of your sentence. It is state violations that make you eligible for parole after 50%.

Top Bottom