• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    What are 'counseling statements'? We had extra duty, working party, short tour, captain's mast and/or bread and water and finally corrective custody. I don't recall any counselors.
    Basically the paperwork for disciplinary action. No counselors, they are done by the NCOIC.

ETA: DA FORM 4856

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Basically the paperwork for disciplinary action. No counselors, they are done by the NCOIC.

ETA: DA FORM 4856

Lol, I was about to post the form number but you edited and TaT picked up the edit.

After 15 years I still remember it. Guess I saw a few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Lol, I was about to post the form number but you edited and TaT picked up the edit.

After 15 years I still remember it. Guess I saw a few.

I've seen a couple.
    FB_IMG_1580769634473.jpg

I never once was an example for a safety brief though.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1580769634473.jpg
      FB_IMG_1580769634473.jpg
      64.9 KB · Views: 456

just country

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Texas
    morning, yes man has nothing to do with about rules.
    combat has monments of questions. that is different.
    basic rules should b followed for everyone regardless.
    no life no limb, just common rules.
    if a person makes a decision to save a buddies life
    that's different. I did the same thing. not preaching.
    just fact. justme gbot tum

just country

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Texas
    As far as I can tell, the problem with this kid is that he has not yet learned that you're not allowed to be smarter than the people in authority who make the rules you must live by.

The rule was (as I understand it and I freely admit I may be wrong since the news coverage has been really spotty on details) that hair couldn't be in the eyes, over the ears, over the collar. He complied with that rule by having a hairdo that simply piled all his hair straight up in the air. The school administration apparently got ticked that some kid was able to obey the "no long hair" rule while having really long hair so they changed the rule to say that the hair couldn't hit the collar, etc., when it was down.

They changed the rule close to graduation. The only reason I can conceive for the sorts of small-minded bitches who run schools to change the rule during the school year would be to punish him for being smarter than the rules and to bring maximum pressure on him to cut his hair so that he could walk in the graduation.

I don't know how this will all turn out. Most likely, like in every case for the last 50+ years in Texas, the student will lose his battle.

I find it interesting, though, to compare this situation with the competitive shooting world. Depending on your chosen sport, there may be a "spirit of the rules" rule, a "failure to engage" rule, a "failure to do right" rule, or some other rule. They all have the same goal: impress on the competitor that he is not allowed to make the people who wrote the rules look bad by being smarter than them.

Still, people persist.
    • The ISU outlawed certain types of electric triggers on free pistols back in the 1950s, even though the whole sport was named for the fact that pistol design was supposed to be "free".
    • The NRA outlawed chin stocks in rifle silhouette when a young lady on the Air Force shooting team started winning, making the old guard look like the Fudds they proved themselves to be.
    • I had a friend who was disqualified from his first practical pistol match because he stepped into the first shooter's box and engaged all the targets on the stage, posting perfect hits in way less time than the regulars. The stage designer couldn't imagine anyone not running from box to box to get closer to targets and so didn't explicitly state a requirement to move. Since my friend was coming from the world of Bullseye, the notion of just popping off a couple of shots at targets 50 or 60 yards away didn't faze him. He was asked to leave because he didn't play the game the way they envisioned it.
    • And if we sat and brainstormed it, I'm sure we could come up with 100 more examples.
    The point is that folks in authority hate it when you find ways to do what's right simply because they haven't properly composed a rule to make it impossible to do so.

This young man is learning a good lesson. He'll run into these situations over and over for the rest of his life; we all do. Now he'll be better prepared to deal with them.
    very good bravo justme gbot tum

just country

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Texas
    morning, good old country rules work very well.
    Clinton save the children put a clamp on good
    old country spankins. justme gbot tum
    b English has country sense!!

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I am very familiar with that school district and know that they have NEVER relented on that haircut regulation for males. He knew the rules and figured that he could buck them and win. It was a stupid choice!

The Superintendent is a small guy but he's a hard ass and a fighter. There's no way he would back up!

The district offered to let the student finish the school year in the in school suspension, but he still wouldn't be allowed to walk in the graduation.

Hair as long as his takes a long time to grow. Surely, this conflict came up long ago. He timed this argument for maximum exposure or political gain.

I understand that someone gave him $20K. He got what he really wanted by fussing.

Flash

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    He followed the rule. They reinterpreted it to catch something that it didn’t originally apply to.

Kinda like what happened with bump stocks.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I am very familiar with that school district and know that they have NEVER relented on that haircut regulation for males. He knew the rules and figured that he could buck them and win. It was a stupid choice!

The Superintendent is a small guy but he's a hard ass and a fighter. There's no way he would back up!

The district offered to let the student finish the school year in the in school suspension, but he still wouldn't be allowed to walk in the graduation.

Hair as long as his takes a long time to grow. Surely, this conflict came up long ago. He timed this argument for maximum exposure or political gain.

I understand that someone gave him $20K. He got what he really wanted by fussing.

Flash

If it had come up before he could have been suspended at that time. If he’d worn it that way all that time and had been allowed to do so he was either following the rule, or the superintendent wasn’t near the hard ass you describe.

just country

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Texas
    morning, I was. coiled u r a joke. there no
    exceptions, if the young man followed the
    rules as others he could have graduated.
    will not lower myself as u have with ur
    disrespect for veterans, cussing and
    showing ur ignorance. justme gbot tum

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Very good discussion here. There's a time to follow the rules and a time to fight them.

We must all decide for ourselves when each time is.

Changing the rules is a whole different thing though.

Kid should have cut his hair though. Instead he gets double punishment, no walking the isle and has to go to the Oscars......

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    morning, I was. coiled u r a joke. there no
    exceptions, if the young man followed the
    rules as others he could have graduated.
    will not lower myself as u have with ur
    disrespect for veterans, cussing and
    showing ur ignorance. justme gbot tum
    My "gt sirius, ur fulofshit" was directed at your "rules r for everyone. no exceptions" which I took to mean all rules must be followed at all times. Bogus of course and, he will graduate, just MAY not walk the stage at graduation. Pay more attention when you read.

It's impossible I disrespected all Vets because I was speaking only to you. Note the cap V, something you couldn't be bothered with. Feel free to search my posts, I'm consistent with that.

And if you think because you're a Vet your opinion can't be questioned well, you're wrong about that too.

u did lower u sef u just cant c it gbtheUS

Top Bottom