• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    No one reads the story.

ETA, no one who thinks rules are rules etc.

In this case they wernt till recently and now a kid with good grades wont walk at graduation cause some middle aged retard decided all of the sudden rules are rules.

Not talking about just country as I dont know his age.

Pretty sure hes slightly retarded or plays one online.

Sorry I cant help myself sometimes.

just country

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Texas
    morning,
    My "gt sirius, ur fulofshit" was directed at your "rules r for everyone. no exceptions" which I took to mean all rules must be followed at all times. Bogus of course and, he will graduate, just MAY not walk the stage at graduation. Pay more attention when you read.

It's impossible I disrespected all Vets because I was speaking only to you. Note the cap V, something you couldn't be bothered with. Feel free to search my posts, I'm consistent with that.

And if you think because you're a Vet your opinion can't be questioned well, you're wrong about that too.

u did lower u sef u just cant c it gbtheUS
    morning, I have an opinion as everybody does. my past I am proud.
    there r alot of post of this incident. seems like u r singleing
    me out on my post. again I have an opinion.
    u do not like my opinon FINE.DO NOT READ MY POSTING.
    UR POSTINGS SHOWS UR LACK INTELLIGENCE AND UR BIAS.
    justme gbot tum

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    Unless the individuals hair is unhealthy in some way, not kept hygienically clean, or is a burden or a distraction to other students I don’t think the length or style of a students hair should ever be a reason for not getting an education or from participating in a graduation ceremony in ANY public school system.

From everything I understand in this particular instance the student is a good kid who makes good grades. His hair is not an issue. The school district should choose their battles more wisely and celebrate good students.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    morning,

morning, I have an opinion as everybody does. my past I am proud.
    there r alot of post of this incident. seems like u r singleing
    me out on my post. again I have an opinion.
    u do not like my opinon FINE.DO NOT READ MY POSTING.
    UR POSTINGS SHOWS UR LACK INTELLIGENCE AND UR BIAS.
    justme gbot tum
    No one reads your posts. It's more like translating Greek into Hebrew into latin then roughly getting to english.

I guess that's called reading by some PHDs somewhere.

Again I ask, talk to text app? If not....

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    No one reads your posts. It's more like translating Greek into Hebrew into latin then roughly getting to english.

I guess that's called reading by some PHDs somewhere.

Again I ask, talk to text app? If not....

I believe this post explains his way of expressing himself....

morning, YES U 1911 NUT!! I did not claim to b a professor.
    I respect people in general. u have a nasty disposition
    when answering a persons question on this site.
    I was a cryto operator and repairman during my 9yr. tenure
    in the military Korea and Nam. the sentence structure I use is
    fast and to the point. NO waste of words. no hot air

as U. I see in ur professional writings that u think u r important?
    put ur finger in a glass of water. remove ur finger from the
    in the glass. ripples disappear? ashes to dust- ripples to water.
    were gone. we r remembered for being kind and helpful.
    a lecture NO, just fact!!
    justme gbot tum
    Life member NRA
    TSRA and OKla. NRA
    United States Army Vet.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    It wasn't a primary duty, but one of the things I did in the AF was crypto operator. Obviously being concise is important, but if anyone abbreviated "your" to "ur" in a ticket they would have gotten trouble.

Of course they don't allow subliterates into the AF...

Last edited:

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I still think he is using some talk to text app from a lustrum or so ago. Hope I guess is a better word.

Debates are fun. Discussion of issues is fun so his participation only adds to the enjoyment. That said it has to be coherent at least.

It's also fun to launch a zinger every now and then. Except for raspberry as that's my favorite and I would never waste them by launching them into cyberspace.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Kick the district hair rules around if you wish, but they have never budged on their requirements. In fact, a student transferred into the district and he had the whole Rastafarian hair style. He disappeared almost instantly!

If the hair is clean and well groomed, I don't see what difference hair length makes. The district doesn't see things that way!

Flash

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Kick the district hair rules around if you wish, but they have never budged on their requirements.
    According to what I've read, that's not true. Apparently the district "clarified" the rule just recently. Without changing the wording, they just decided that what this young man had done for the last eight years that followed the rule was suddenly no longer acceptable.

That's according to the media reports. If someone who has a kid there can clarify or if anyone can link to both the before and after rules as well as the "clarification" on the district website then maybe we could definitively figure out what the heck is going on.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    He tied his hair up meeting the various dress code requirements untill a couple months ago. All of the sudden what hes done for so long isnt good enough.

The rules are rules arguement is moot if they arent firm fairly and consistently applied. Moving the goal posts is none of those.

On top of that many dress code and grooming rules are easily squashed on first ammendment grounds especially if you're an idiot admin and chose to reinterpret them mid stream. The school will lose any legal fighting along with tax dollars spent for no good reason.

Little Hitlers syndrome. Backed themselves into a corner and now wont budge. They didn't even have to have this fiasco.

Last edited:

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    The school did it all wrong. They allowed him to have his hair like that for many years and just decided, right before graduation, they were going to get even with him for sidestepping the rules all those years. If they allowed him to keep it "up" and that was acceptable for years, it should be acceptable for graduation. Without know the circumstances regarding the school supt. and school board, I'd bet the new issue was stirred by board members, not the supt. Just my guess.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    I'm guessing most people are guessing, not knowing facts is no good reason not to have an opinion. I haven't ever understood what the big deal is "walking the stage" anyway. Didn't mean crap to me, I just wanted the diploma and the signal to leave.

frogman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2018
    Austin
    Lol, I doubt there were any plans for military service.

I think many (not all) of the school dress code rules are ridiculous. I also think pretending this kid was some kind of victim is ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They are all ridiculous, anyone subjected to such rules are victims including that kid

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Food for thought. Not taking sides in the "discussion". A school is a place of learning where an education prepares the students for the "real world". What happens when students are allowed to ignore rules they don't like? How do you think they will react once out in the world? They learned in school that they don't have to follow the "rules" and there are no consequences.

Poke that in your liberal pipe and smoke it.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Food for thought. Not taking sides in the "discussion". A school is a place of learning where an education prepares the students for the "real world". What happens when students are allowed to ignore rules they don't like? How do you think they will react once out in the world? They learned in school that they don't have to follow the "rules" and there are no consequences.

Lol, gotta get some burn cream before I respond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

What about when the student follows the rules to the letter, but those rules are then changed to specifically target that student? A student who had been doing this for a long time, made good grades, and otherwise caused no problems.

Why should schools be allowed to dictate what students wear in the first place? Unless it's truly distracting, or obscene, why should it matter what they wear? Why not leave that decision to the parents, or the students themselves if they are 18?

In the real world, people don't care what you wear. None of the classes I took in college cared if you wore a hat, a low cut shirt, dreadlocks, or anything else. The professors there where there to teach, nothing else.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    What about when the student follows the rules to the letter, but those rules are then changed to specifically target that student? A student who had been doing this for a long time, made good grades, and otherwise caused no problems.

Why should schools be allowed to dictate what students wear in the first place? Unless it's truly distracting, or obscene, why should it matter what they wear? Why not leave that decision to the parents, or the students themselves if they are 18?

In the real world, people don't care what you wear. None of the classes I took in college cared if you wore a hat, a low cut shirt, dreadlocks, or anything else. The professors there where there to teach, nothing else.

Go for a job interview in the business world, say banking, and show up in t-shirt, cut-offs, and flip flops. Let me know how that works out.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Go for a job interview in the business world, say banking, and show up in t-shirt, cut-offs, and flip flops. Let me know how that works out.
    That's not the same thing as going to a class. The two aren't comparable. There is no need to be dressed nice for a class. You are not trying to impress anyone or trying to make a good impression. You are just there to learn. What you wear is irrelevant to that goal.

Top Bottom