• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Whatever you do - do not un-justly or with malice shoot any coons.
    Be sure you follow all laws as it pertains to shooting un-armed coons.
    We already have one forum member is trouble let’s not add another.
    ARJ Defense ad

cconn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    Hemphill
    If the coon was not commiting a crime why was he sneaking about on private property at night, wearing a mask!!! The coon deserved to die!

thorkyl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
    Nothing wrong with a courtesy call either to the dispatcher.

It might actually shut the person calling in up.

Caller: I need to report automatic gun fire
    Dispatcher: whats your address
    Caller: 123 fm whatever
    Dispatcher: Oh, ok no problem, they called and said they would be shooting this evening
    Caller: Damn it... Click

Could also be your waking up someone who works nights.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    +1 to refusing them the right to search your property without a warrant. Like said, once you give them the right, then you really have no reason to complain. Just be diplomatic about it and tell them that you have the right to be on the land, either by ownership or by permission from the owner, and that without a warrant they are not allowed to search you or your belongings. If they still proceed, then you have grounds for a suit against the officers, but more than likely they should just go on because they have no just cause to further pursue the reports. The furthest I would go in giving them information is probably telling them that yes you are shooting (if they ask) and if they ask about full auto then tell them no.

lonestar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Brownwood, Texas
    I see no body has mentioned actually talking to the neighbors. If they don't call the LEO's in the first place then no problems. Also, like others have said if you place a call with your local sheriff and let him know this will happen quite often then perhaps after awhile they will no longer respond without a serious incident.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Lonestar does have a good point you might be able to talk to the neighbors and get it across that you are shooting out there and that it is only you. But if the police show up a third time and try to search everything I would politely tell them that with a warrant they could search whatever they liked. and that they could sit at my gate and watch me have fun all they want.
    A weekend or three ago Me and a few buddies were shooting on another buddies land. (when it was real foggy down here a while back) We were shooting 22's until about 0100 or 0200 and I turned around to see flashing lights at the (locked) gate. the owner of the property went to go talk to the officer and see what the problem was. Well apparently some one said we were shooting at cars. The owner of the property said that we were not and that if we were we probably would have hit at least one of them we shot at. He explained that we were shooting into a berm away from the road that didn't have any rocks in it that would sling them towards the road. He asked what we were shooting, he told him 22's and he asked if we could all go up to the gate and talk to him. He said no we were not disturbing anyone nor shooting at the road. He then said you're more than welcome to hop that gate and go down there and talk to them. the officer said " I think I'll stay behind these lights since you've all got rifles." He then said be safe and left. We did stop shooting while he was up there as a courtesy. My point is that even at 0200 being polite but firm will go a long way to make everyone feel better.

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    I'm with Lonestar, keep it friendly with the neighbors and the LEO's. I like your idea of inviting them to come shoot on the property. Just my opinion.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    As Posted By Texas Investigator

And you should be careful what you post; I doubt that you have an AK47, which is a select fire assault rifle capable of full auto fire.

Come on TI......with all the great knowledge you have to offer....and did offer some....the AK47 jab seems a little lame. Go check out Gunbroker and see how many AK47s are listed and none are select fire Assualt Rifles capable of full auto fire! Just a common term that hundreds of people use everyday.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Ditto, see if you can find out who is reporting it and just try to have a friendly conversation to let them know what's going on. Maybe even invite them over as others said. Worst case, if it continues to be an issue and reports keep happening, consider filing a harassment complaint against that neighbor. Try the easy way first and remember to keep your cool as it makes things go so much more smoothly most of the time. Oh yeah, and if the neighbors keep harassing you after trying all that, I have a great idea.......host an MG shoot on your property (if there is enough land and backstop) and invite some people with GE 134 Miniguns to come out! I would pay to see the neighbors reaction after something like that! They'd probably be phoning in the complaint from a bomb shelter or something. This too could be had on your property lol:

YouTube - Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot Night Shoot

GGR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Texas
    Lonestar, LEO claimed to have calls from as far as 2 miles away so talking to all of 'the neighbors' is a little tough. I do believe it will all get cleared up but with a polite chat but just wanted to get a few opinions first. I do respect that they want to investigate each report and hopefully in the future they can just do a drive by confirmation as we are clearly visible from the road shooting into a 12' berm. I don't even mind one stopping by to chat every once in a while. We have invited them to shoot with us, which several of them were quite eager to have a free range nearby.

rsayloriii, I hear you. I didn't mind the first two times, hopefully it will get settled soon but I won't be so quick to comply in the future.

My brother pulled up some info that might be helpful if we end up spending more money on our private range (reactive targets etc). We need to post a few no trespassing signs and put up some purple posts. And here is some info on commercial gun ranges; I assume that it would be a good reference point on what would be acceptable.

txinvestigator, I'll say I respect that you have your opinions. Sorry if the gun fire was too loud, but we won't be shooting out there very often.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    They are just doing their job. It's annoying, but I'm sure they are going to get tired of driving out there for the same reason.

With gunfire, they don't know if you are having fun, or if you are shooting it out with someone (as unlikely as that is). If you call ahead of time it just let's them know that it's you making the racket.

Neighbors are neighbors ... some are shitheads.

willygene

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    texas
    i wouldn't let them search, there is no need to call the sheriff,. as he does not call any body when he and his dept, has qualifications on their range im sure. if the calls are from the same people every time from the same place for shots fired then they will know. I agree if you speak with them keep it civil but to the point. I have fifteen years of time for two different county agencies here in texas, if we had gone the same place where people where know to shoot every time they called to say them damn people are shooting again we wouldn't get to answer any other calls. this is texas people shoot guns here it is private property and out of the city limits. whats next, every time a deer hunter shoots a deer the leo's will be called to a shots fired call. the leo's have been there twice now if they get calls to go to the same place again for the same thing with nothing more than their shooting again. then they the leo's should tell the compl, party that they are not doing anything wrong, and leave it at that. if it is the same people and same place the most that should be done is courtesy drive by so the compl, see's the leo's.

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    I don't shoot after dark, I have a well built range with a good backstop. I only use it a couple times a month...I usually don't shoot for hours on end...(Except when D.Cortez is in town) I still have 1 neighbor who ALWAYS calls the Sheriff.... now after almost 10 years, they seldom even come by, except when there is a newbie on duty. Last time one did show up, he walked up on 6 guys all with loaded AR's 3 shooting 3 waiting to shoot. He just said " just checkin' to see if ya'll were being safe...bye..."
    MG

Note: I have a Browning 1919 Machinegun, does that mean it's full auto now????
    Just wondering...

willygene

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    texas
    i have seen them marked ak 74 or akm not ak 47. i have to agree with TI i have never seen one in simi auto marked as an ak 47.

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    No, there are not. The are CLONES, but not AK47s. If he does not even know what the hell he has, why should he expect the cops to?

And I'll be a hard ass if I like, thank you very much.

There wouldn't be nearly as many LOLs on this site if TXI stopped being the consummate hard ass that he is.

That said I am sure he has an AKM, but potato / potawtoe....

Top Bottom