• ...and so much more!
  • itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Nope. You are gtg. Just enjoy yourself, and I hope you stick around. I have bought sold and traded for years and have never ran into anyone I thought was sketchy or possibly a criminal. Everyone I have ever dealt with seemed to be law abiding citizens.

Rylos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Leander, TX
    FTF sale with bill of sale. I always get their DL number as well. I'd suggest Texas Gun Trader but I haven't been able to send a response to ads there in months. So your success may be good or bad there.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    FTF sale with bill of sale. I always get their DL number as well. I'd suggest Texas Gun Trader but I haven't been able to send a response to ads there in months. So your success may be good or bad there.

Neither is necessary nor is there any legal reason to have them.

Also, TexasGunTrader had degraded into a cruel joke. It's much smarter to advertise in the classifieds on this forum (as long as you don't dick over the buyer! )

Cheers! M2

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Nope. You are gtg. Just enjoy yourself, and I hope you stick around. I have bought sold and traded for years and have never ran into anyone I thought was sketchy or possibly a criminal. Everyone I have ever dealt with seemed to be law abiding citizens.

Usually that's evident in the first 30 seconds of meeting someone.

Of course, I did buy a very nice revolver from you, so I take it I didn't look like the criminal element!

And if there has been another advantage to conducting business via this forum, it's that I've met some outstanding firearms enthusiasts and end up spending a considerable amount of time chatting with them after the deal is done.

Unfortunately, I've also had a few bad experiences with a select few on here; but there's always the risk of that!

But for the most part, I would advocate selling via this forum than any other online source, gun shows or shops...

Cheers! M2

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Usually that's evident in the first 30 seconds of meeting someone.

Of course, I did buy a very nice revolver from you, so I take it I didn't look like the criminal element!

And if there has been another advantage to conducting business via this forum, it's that I've met some outstanding firearms enthusiasts and end up spending a considerable amount of time chatting with them after the deal is done.

Unfortunately, I've also had a few bad experiences with a select few on here; but there's always the risk of that!

But for the most part, I would advocate selling via this forum than any other online source, gun shows or shops...

Cheers! M2

I've only bought one thing from someone on TexasGunTrader but only agreed to meet up after talking back and forth with him through the phone first. When we met up we struck up a conversation and come to find out we had served in sister battalions in the Corps (though he got out a few years before I did) after that the tension was gone, we bs'd a bit more, did the trade, and left with a good feeling that neither of us were going to regret the sale. I did tell him about this forum however not sure if he joined or not.

Soldiernurse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2011
    Cedar Park, TX
    I've only bought one thing from someone on TexasGunTrader but only agreed to meet up after talking back and forth with him through the phone first. When we met up we struck up a conversation and come to find out we had served in sister battalions in the Corps (though he got out a few years before I did) after that the tension was gone, we bs'd a bit more, did the trade, and left with a good feeling that neither of us were going to regret the sale. I did tell him about this forum however not sure if he joined or not.
    Semper Fi! [USMC 6334 Avionics, 1980-1988]
    Ive bought only one handgun from a private seller, lol... he was a LEO, which I did not know until we met. I was very comfortable buying XD40sc from him. I saw his Ad on this website. I'm very pleased w/XD.

Bumblingbear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    Austin
    This was a good thread for me to read.

I just decided to trade/sell my Beretta 92A1 and I was thinking about trading it to Red's. However, in my experience, shops never want your extra mags but private owners do. When you have 100 -200 in mags, this can be a pain while dealing with a shop.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    So anyone interested in the 1911? I'll have to post it on 'guns for sale' once I'm able to.

Why not stop trying to "Game the System"? Frankly, it makes me leery of dealing with folks like you - because if you try to "get over" on something so simple, why should I trust you on how you represent a product when there's "real" money involved????

Top Bottom