DK Firearms

Selling my beautiful AR-15 to fund my daytrading.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    It really isn't speculation when you can read market trends. Put the time in and you will win way more than you loose. Over the summer I spent hours in the morning reading the wsj before the market opened, I spent the whole day trading on small fluctuations. The best day I ever had I made 3k the worst day I lost 1500. Penny pinch your life away txcop, you can just retire in a wheelchair. Ive set out to learn what the multimillionares know.

This really isn't about working less it's about learning a ton while I work and havin a job with limitless profit potential. I can wasete 40 hours a week at a job that sucks makein 10 bucks an hour or actually put my 85 percent of a business degree mixed with a shit load of will power to work. I know my roi percentage beat my parents real estate ventures. I had 58% last year.

I am not sure what retiring in a wheelchair has to do with this, although I dont plan on that being my fate. If all goes well, I will have a very comfortable retirement. If things turn to shit I have planned for that too.

The point I was making, (and I apologized for hijacking your thread) was that a real trader doesnt have to sell his belongings to fund his trading.

Dont get me wrong, I hope you do great in the market. And I also realize that youth brings optimism. What you need to realize is that you can wallpaper your house with the WSJ and read market data 23 hours a day and still loose money. A statement like "Is it gambling if you always win" shows me that your experience in the market is extremely limited. The fact that you made 3k on a day is great....if you think that makes you a stockbroker...well good luck. Many of the members here have homes and investments that are substantial. Many have homes and properties that are worth more than an 18 or 20 year old kid will make in 15 or 20 years. Many folks on here have a portfolio in the 6 or 7 digit range....not the 3 or four digit range.
    That doesnt make us better or smarter, just more experienced. You may take that into consideration before you condescend to us next time.

Have fun on E-Trade today....

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I'm new here but it seems that there is a lot of bickering / bullying going on. I hope I'm wrong about that and there are some actual good guys here... Only time will tell I suppose.

Lots of 'em - it's just that sometimes you get folks that come in who's mama didn't teach 'em no manners, and after a while folks get fed up and start teachin' 'em for her....

Alamo Ann

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    DeSoto, Dallas County, TX
    TexasRedneck:
    Lots of 'em - it's just that sometimes you get folks that come in who's mama didn't teach 'em no manners, and after a while folks get fed up and start teachin' 'em for her....

That's a great way to explain it TR!

We really are decent folks ryantx23 for the most part but like any other dysfunctional family, it can get heated around here. The ADM monitors and referees as he deems necessary so hang with us.

ryantx23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    North TX
    Like most places on the internet that I frequent, there are lots of good solid people. I suppose that I should have kept my mouth shut and let the conversation play out a little longer. Hope to be around here and contribute for a while. For those that are snowed in, enjoy the day or two off. For those of us who have to get out in it no matter what, stay safe out there.

Ryan

Alamo Ann

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    DeSoto, Dallas County, TX
    Cool Beans Ryan!
    And never hesitate to jump in whenever you feel like it- gives us old phogeys on here a head's up!
    When you feel really pumped up- come on it to the news and/or politics sections... lol
    Stay safe!

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    I made a nice and easy 2.61% today on Aetna from opening to close. We all know why they did good.

Its already sold. I was pretty dang sure about today. Tomorrow it turns into a gamble for me.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Good luck to you....having been around the block a time or three, all I can tell you is that history is littered with the carcasses of day traders. Some lasted longer than others, but they all had a common theme - they could "time the market", "project the moves"......and when wrong, lost their asses - many of them rather spectacularly. But I realize that I'm just an old fogey, and you know SO much more than I do. After all, when I invest, I do so with cash. If I saw something really interesting, I could pull up to 100k in under 24 hours from cash reserves. Guess I could sell some of my 50k+ gun collection, but I hate drawing from the petty change drawer.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Good luck to you....having been around the block a time or three, all I can tell you is that history is littered with the carcasses of day traders. Some lasted longer than others, but they all had a common theme - they could "time the market", "project the moves"......and when wrong, lost their asses - many of them rather spectacularly. But I realize that I'm just an old fogey, and you know SO much more than I do. After all, when I invest, I do so with cash. If I saw something really interesting, I could pull up to 100k in under 24 hours from cash reserves. Guess I could sell some of my 50k+ gun collection, but I hate drawing from the petty change drawer.

You have 50,000 guns? Lucky.

;)

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    You have 50,000 guns? Lucky.
    ;)

Whar's that "flippin' bird" emoticon.....ah, yes....

flip.jpg

<SEG>

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    Wow your smarter than a 21 year old and you have lots of guns and money. Good for you. Beat up on someones ambition. All I can do is try. Success comes from trying hard. I work fucking hard, I don't give a fat **** if you know more than me because of my age. I can't change my age or expirences, but I can bust my ass and try to learn what assholes like you know.

I have met and regularly talk to and mentor with people that know money and make a **** load of it. I don't need your approval. I guess you can call them old foggeys too but they are a ton more encouraging than you. They love to share with me. I have gained more knowledge from taking these guys out to lunch than I have ever learned on my own.

So yes I am very open to learning from people who have 'done it' so don't fucking judge me.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Wow your smarter than a 21 year old and you have lots of guns and money. Good for you. Beat up on someones ambition. All I can do is try. Success comes from trying hard. I work fucking hard, I don't give a fat **** if you know more than me because of my age. I can't change my age but I can bust my ass and try to learn what assholes like you know.
    perhaps you can mix in an anger management class?

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Wow your smarter than a 21 year old and you have lots of guns and money. Good for you. Beat up on someones ambition. All I can do is try. Success comes from trying hard. I work fucking hard, I don't give a fat **** if you know more than me because of my age. I can't change my age or expirences, but I can bust my ass and try to learn what assholes like you know.

I have met and regularly talk to and mentor with people that know money and make a **** load of it. I don't need your approval.

Okay...if you want to go THERE, junior....

#1 - Your language needs to clean up - especially talking to folks that you don't know and have a heap more life experience than you do. YOU started it early on with some of your wisecracks, and now you want to act all indignant? Grow up, my friend - before someone gives you lessons in life the hard way.

#2 - I frankly don't care whether you succeed or not, although I hope you do. What several of us WERE trying to do was caution you that there are a LOT of folks out there lots smarter than ANY of us that've destroyed themselves in the gamble that you're in. Things like this are cyclic - about 15 years ago, daytraders were everywhere......ask yourself where they all went. Doing it to augment your career track is one thing - doing it to attempt to make a living at it....well, many of us have seen the results. I could introduce you to a buddy of mine that lost (literally) a million dollars in about 6 months, but you'll have to listen VERY carefully to hear him, because he shot himself when he realized that there was no way to recover the funds, and he had an extended family that had trusted him to invest wisely.

#3 - by showing a bit more patience and respect, assholes like me are always ready and willing to teach you what we know, and the things we learned the hard way. Because we were once young, cocky peckerwoods like you and thought WE knew it all, too. Only I knew better than to mouth off the way you have, because someone would've yanked my balls out via my throat.

But you go ahead, sunshine - prove us wrong. Just don't come in whining about losing your butt playing in one of the most cut-throat fields there are.

Oh - and I regularly teach and mentor all kinds of folks. If I can see that they're too damned stupid to learn, I don't bother to continue wasting my time. So don't worry - I won't waste yours, either.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    I respect people who respect me. People that choose not to respect people younger than them simply because they are younger are every bit as ignorant as the person they disrespect.

I do not think I know it all but I'm damn sure of one thing, you are a royal asshole.

Also I didnt start doing this yesterday, I have done it for a bit over a year, I am well aware of the risks it brings.

josh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    College Station
    I just read this post.....wow indeed.
    In my humble, objective opinion: one party unwittingly gave enough unsolicited advice as to reasonably constitute rudeness. And the other party overreacted.

May I respectfully suggest theat both parties virtually "shake hands and walk away"? I don't believe any of the comments in the initial conversation were willfully offensive. I think all of the perceived insults in the opening volley were unintensional misunderstandings. But like a lot of things in life, it snowballed.

I think you are both reasonable people and everyone involved would feel a lot better if this were settled in a civil fashion.

Just my two cents. Might just be the insignificant blatherings of junior TGT member sticking his nose where it doesn't belong, and if so, I apologize. Good luck!

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom