Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    How about this one:

Jones gets BOS and keeps them safe. One day ATF shows up at Jones door, as one of the guns he sold made its way to Mexico and was used in a murder. ATF asks for any records he may have of who he sold to. Jones thinks, I knew those idiots on the Internet were wrong when they told me not to keep records, I just protected myself! Jones quickly prints out names of buyers as he also keeps them in Excel encrypted on his computer, for inventory purposes.

Later ATF searches his home finds original BOS he did not provide. Charges him with lying to Federal Agents.

Sound ridiculous? Happened to FBI Agent John Shipley, who is now serving time in a Federal Prison.

How about another real life example?

Jones sells gun to Smith at gun show. They exchange BOS. Later Smith is caught with gun, and is found to be illegal alien, even though he had Texas DL. Smith makes deal with ATF and tells ATF Jones is the supplier of guns to illegals. Jones goes to Jail, Smith gets immunity.

Never keep records. Never.

ETA - just remembered another-

Jones gets BOS and keeps them safe. One day ATF shows up at Jones door, as one of the guns he sold was recovered at a crime scene. ATF asks for any records he may have of who he sold to. Jones thinks, I knew those idiots on the Internet were wrong when they told me not to keep records, I just protected myself! Jones quickly gives ALL of his receipts, BOS, etc, to ATF, to help in investigation, after all, Jones "has nothing to hide, and did nothing wrong".

ATF decides Jones buys/sells too many guns, and charges him with Firearms Dealing without a License. Jones is now in Federal Prison.

ETA2:

fixed some name reference errors.

Found it so I'm gonna post it.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Bottom line - there's NOTHING to be gained by having (or getting) a Bill of Sale. I refuse to do one on either end. I've bought a number of guns in FTF sales over the years, never had an issue....

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I want to know your name and that you are a Texas resident. To accomplish both I will introduce myself with first and last name and stick my hand out for a handshake. I will ask for a Texas Id of some sort be it DL or just id I really don't care. If the face and name match and it says Texas on it I don't care about the rest. I don't keep any record except I mark sold by the serial # and description in my own log no name of who it was sold to or anything else just sold. I did a BOS once when I was 18 I lost it and if I ever find it I'll throw it in the shredder and never think twice they really aren't worth the paper they're on.

tap talked from a phone yeah im on my phone! it's crazy!

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The dangers of giving out your info:

E-mails from an Asshole

Original ad:
    i want a flatscreen tv. at least 40 inches and under $500. hit me up if you got what i want
    From Me to ***********@**********.org:

Hey,

I am selling my 42" Westinghouse plasma TV for $400. It is in excellent condition. I'm just selling it because I got a bigger one and don't need this one anymore. Let me know if you are interested.

Mike

From jim ****** to Me:

yeah man thats perfect. ill buy that as soon as possible. would you be able to bring it to my house? i dont have a car. im home pretty much all day every day

you can call me if you want 610-***-****

From me to jim ******:

No problem, Jim. I could bring it by tomorrow after work. Are you sure you want to buy it though? I don't want to bring it there and have you decide you don't want to buy it.

Mike

From jim ****** to Me:

no i definitely want it. just bring it over man

my address is 415 ********* rd, ******, PA
    just call me if you have any trouble

From me to jim ******:

Okay, I'll be over tomorrow.

From me to jim ******:

Jim,

I'm very sorry I was unable to make it to your house today. I had the TV loaded in the back of my pickup truck, and I was all set to go to your house. I just decided to make a quick stop in Chester to buy some stuff from a friend, and when I got back to my truck, the TV was gone. I can't figure out what the hell happened to it. I'm thinking maybe I hit a bump and it slid out of the truck, because I do forget to close my tailgate sometimes. I don't really remember if it was in the truck when I parked it, so I am baffled.

Anyway, this is totally my fault. Seeing as how I promised you a TV and lost it, I am going to help you out. I signed you up for a 2 year subscription to Plasma TV Enthusiasts Weekly. It is an excellent magazine that will give you a lot of information on plasma TVs to help you make the right decision when buying one. It is normally $84.99 a year, but I hooked you up with my referrer discount so it will only cost you $63.50 a year. I had it sent and billed to the address you gave me, and you should get your first one in a week or two.

Once again, I am very sorry that I lost the TV that I was going to sell you, but hopefully this magazine can help you out.

Mike

From jim ****** to Me:

are you out of your fuckin mind i dont want any fuckin magazines!!! what the ****.. you better fuckin cancel that shit. what the **** were you thinking dude, im not paying for that you fuckin dumbass

From jim ****** to Me:

and its obvious YOUR TV WAS STOLEN YOU FUCKIN RETARD. why the **** would you leave a tv in the back of your truck in chester?

cancel the fuckin magazines..NOW.

From me to jim ******:

Jim,

Why do you want me to cancel the magazines? It is a great magazine and I got you a great deal for it. You won't find it cheaper anywhere else. Also, to put it frankly, if you were going to buy a Westinghouse plasma TV from me without even looking at it, then it is clear you still have a lot to learn about plasma TVs. Reading this magazine will make you an expert in no time.

Mike

From jim ****** to Me:

you fuckin asshole i dont want to pay for some stupid magazine! i just want a goddamn tv. who the **** would want to read a fuckin weekly magazine about tvs?! cancel it right now. im serious

From me to jim ******:

Jim,

I'm sorry you feel that way about the magazine. I was just trying to help. Unfortunately I cannot cancel the magazine. When I signed you up on the phone, they gave me a confirmation number I could use to cancel the subscription. I couldn't find a piece of paper to write it on, so I wrote the number on a napkin. I think I accidentally used the napkin to wipe my face after eating wings last night, and then threw it out. I'd look through the trash to find it for you, but the garbage truck already picked it up this morning. I think they take it to the dump/recycling center in Media if you want to go look for it. It was a napkin from Taco Bell, if that helps. I usually get all my napkins there.

If you think it would be easier, you could just cancel it once you get your first magazine in the mail. You'll probably be billed for the first month, plus a $75 cancellation fee because I didn't sign you up for cancellation insurance. I just assumed you would want to keep the magazine.

Mike

From jim ****** to Me:

i cant believe i just read all that shit because i should have known from the first few lines that you were a fuckin idiot

i dont care if you have to blow the fuckin editor, you better find a way to get it cancelled because i am not spending a goddamn nickel on that magazine!

From me to jim ******:

Jim,

If you don't pay for it, that may screw up your credit. I remember one time I forgot to pay my TV guide subscription for about 14 months, and that really messed up my credit. I had trouble buying a house because of that. You should be careful.

Since you seem to not know a lot about the importance of your credit, I signed you up for a year subscription of In Debt Weekly, a great magazine that can teach you a lot about credit. Don't worry, I got you the same discount as before, and this magazine is actually a little bit cheaper. It is only $34.99 a year. It came with a discounted subscription to Card Times, another magazine about credit cards. That one is only $25 per year, so I signed you up for that as well. It is a decent magazine for the price.

Mike

From jim ****** to Me:

GL4KJHSGSKFKJS YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE STOP SIGNING ME UP FOR FUCKING MAGAZINES!!!!

CANCEL THOSE RIGHT NOW MOTHERFUCKER!!!!

From me to jim ******:

Jim,

There is no need for that kind of language. Please do not talk to me anymore.

Unless you would be interested in a subscription to Anger Management Journal. I can sign you up for that if you want to learn how to control your temper.

Mike

From jim ****** to Me:

**** YOU

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    That is why they don't meet me at HOME. LOL that guy is an ass BTW. Someone got my mother in law all sorts of goofy sh*t when they got her card number and name things where coming to their house for a long time that the jackass had ordered just because.

tap talked from a phone yeah im on my phone! it's crazy!

FlashBang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Bastrop TX
    Last time I gave my personal info to a stranger I ended up with a lifetime subscription to ebony plumpers.

I heard that was 5 years ago and you renewed it every year since?? Oh, and check out this months centerfold posing with the family bucket of KFC!

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    and nobody will buy your weapon if you ask for one. unless of course, they live under a rock.

lol. mkay right. rephrase that would you? you would not, and maybe 75% of the readers of this forum would not, BUT in my experience selling in person FTF and at gun shows, 100% of people will buy my guns with one. If they ain't interested in doing a BOS, they can move on to the next guy who is probably 5% to 25% higher than my prices on my personal, used firearms.

Now, I ain't sayin' that I absolutely must have one when I sell or buy, it's more of a rule of thumb. I bought a shotgun from a cop in uniform last year, no BOS. It just depends but I'm going to opt for the BOS on sells. If that means forum members aren't interested, well I can live with that loss, no hard feelings.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    lol. mkay right. rephrase that would you? you would not, and maybe 75% of the readers of this forum would not, BUT in my experience selling in person FTF and at gun shows, 100% of people will buy my guns with one. If they ain't interested in doing a BOS, they can move on to the next guy who is probably 5% to 25% higher than my prices on my personal, used firearms.

Now, I ain't sayin' that I absolutely must have one when I sell or buy, it's more of a rule of thumb. I bought a shotgun from a cop in uniform last year, no BOS. It just depends but I'm going to opt for the BOS on sells. If that means forum members aren't interested, well I can live with that loss, no hard feelings.

What is your reason for preferring a BOS? What benefit do you gain by having one? I can wipe my ass and give you the used toilet paper along with the sale if you're just after a piece of paper with shit all over it.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    What is your reason for preferring a BOS? What benefit do you gain by having one? I can wipe my ass and give you the used toilet paper along with the sale if you're just after a piece of paper with shit all over it.

its not even worth it. i just add em to a list of banned sellers/buyers and move on.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    If someone prefers a BoS after hearing all sides that is fine with me. Once someone makes up their mind it probably won't change unless they see something first hand to change it. Preaching to anger will be pointless and his opinion does not bother me. Might as well reserve your views for the OP or someone who is on the fence about it. Anyone else who has been here more than a week has heard the arguments and already made up their minds.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom