• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    The Texas State Jails house Offenders who have sentences of 2 years or less. It's not a firm rule and it often changes. It's just the usual. State Jails are a whole different system that released their Offenders from the individual units when their time was served.

When I worked in the ID units, ALL releases came out of the Walls Unit in Huntsville. That's where the executions take place. Offenders who served their time, took a white "Chain" bus to Huntsville for processing. Their records were checked for unresolved cases and if they had County or City time to serve. With open cases unsettled, back they went to the ID unit! If they had county or city time to serve, they went to those facilities to serve that time, first.

I understand that has been changed, now and Offenders are being released from their individual ID units.

State jails caused the ID units a lot of problems. If their units were too full, SJ Offenders were sent to an ID unit as TRUSTEES! They hadn't actually earned trustee status. If we had problems, it was commonly from SJ Trustees. We called them "Riskees." Trustees live in a separate facility on the ID unit grounds and had fewer restrictions.

I hope this info helped clear things up. Believe me, life in the ID Units is not so good. It isn't at all like in the movies!

My friend Bonnie retired from a Female unit as a CO-4. She's glad to be out of there! Prison units eat your soul and it works the same for Offenders and employees equally.

Flash

Last edited:

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    If you want to check the co-workers out, Ask them what an I-60 is. That's the form they use to request ANYTHING in the lockup. If they're legit, they'll know what the I-60 is.

I-60 Form - Prison Talk

Flash

Why would anyone lie about going to prison if they hadn't gone? Doesn't help at work as they can't go to certain jobsites so they're worth less to the company than someone that can.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Some street gangs require a prison stint for membership.

Sure, but we're talking about work here, not street gangs. Most people lie the other way about being in prison when it comes to filling out an application.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Why would anyone lie about going to prison if they hadn't gone?

I never said it was rational. Tough guys need that kind of thing to complete their persona. The same thing goes for teardrop tattoos or tats in general. Those things describe who they are....or were.

Don't ask them directly. Be sly about it.
    "Hey do you know if the materials came in?"
    "Fill out an I-60 and find out."

Flash

Last edited:
    Top Bottom