• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Some of you guys are really out of touch. Chances of burglary are just too high these days. To leave an unsecured handgun in your house is negligent. If you are a peace officer, you know how stolen firearms make the world more dangerous, so you should be held to an even higher standard. If you are LEO management, like chief, captain, or sheriff, you are at the level where you know you could put citizens and police officers at greater risk when you do not secure your firearms.

At home with no kids, my handgun is near. With grandkids here, the handgun is on me or in the GunVault (r). If I leave the handgun goes with me. If the handgun cannot go, it is in the safe with the other handgun, the AR, and the Mossberg. Never if The house is empty is there a gun outside the safe. To do less is negligence and potentially helping criminals and anti gun people. If you leave loose guns in your empty house or in your car, you are part of the problem. If you do that and you are a LEO, shame on you.

The sheriff apparently had no alarm system, as he gave a range of six hours when it could have happened. No alarm, and gun not in a safe. He should not get a pass on this bit of negligence. His gun may well be in the hands of someone who will kill an innocent person, even a child. Yes, I will donate to his opponent and will have a sign for his opponent in my yard...in the next election. I will also call a talk show during the campaign and remind people of his carelessness.

My Daddy always said better to remian silent and thought a fool......

The Sheriff was not careless, nor was he negligent.
    DK Firearms

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    What my "type" doesn't do is use name calling as an alternative to an intelligent argument or to excuse my own negligence.
    This thread lacked intellegence starting with post #1. Your position is so full of holes it would truly be sad if we really unleashed on you. You should lose the liberal logic and start thinking like a free person. And place blame where it is due, on he who commits the crime, not on the victim.

As far as the name calling? Once a post sinks beneath a cetain IQ level, its no holds barred. It's in the rules section. Go check.

poolingmyignorance

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2011
    houston
    My "type" says I am responsible for my safety, and if I own something that in the hands of a criminal is 99% likely to be used to further the criminal activities of that Criminal, then I should go to extra measures to be sure that doesn't happen. What my "type" doesn't do is use name calling as an alternative to an intelligent argument or to excuse my own negligence. I will not leave my home empty without my guns and ammo being locked in the safe. And if I am on the jury for a contributory negligence trial for Garcia, then my vote is GUILTY. It was a careless act on the part of a law enforcement professional, to leave an unsecured gun in his empty home that did not even have an alarm!

Sent using Tapatalk...so please excuse the typos!
    I suppose we should charge rape victims with solicitation of sex when their clothes are more revealing than what we have deemed appropriate?
    IF it were possible to charge a man with negligence for having his home burglarized, and you found yourself in a jury ready to convict before having heard the evidence then you sir, are a far greater criminal than any thief might be. Shame on you.
    Furthermore, my type doesn't play PC thought control games and tap dance around reality. I don't often resort to branding somebody but seeing as I did in fact give a logical and thought out rain for being against your position, as well as took a moment to analyze your motivation,I would say my conclusion is just. And i would go further to say your thought process is inherently defunct, choose a different venue to promote your progressive ideology, shit don't fly here.

Last edited:

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Some of you guys are really out of touch. Chances of burglary are just too high these days. To leave an unsecured handgun in your house is negligent. If you are a peace officer, you know how stolen firearms make the world more dangerous, so you should be held to an even higher standard. If you are LEO management, like chief, captain, or sheriff, you are at the level where you know you could put citizens and police officers at greater risk when you do not secure your firearms.

At home with no kids, my handgun is near. With grandkids here, the handgun is on me or in the GunVault (r). If I leave the handgun goes with me. If the handgun cannot go, it is in the safe with the other handgun, the AR, and the Mossberg. Never if The house is empty is there a gun outside the safe. To do less is negligence and potentially helping criminals and anti gun people. If you leave loose guns in your empty house or in your car, you are part of the problem. If you do that and you are a LEO, shame on you.

The sheriff apparently had no alarm system, as he gave a range of six hours when it could have happened. No alarm, and gun not in a safe. He should not get a pass on this bit of negligence. His gun may well be in the hands of someone who will kill an innocent person, even a child. Yes, I will donate to his opponent and will have a sign for his opponent in my yard...in the next election. I will also call a talk show during the campaign and remind people of his carelessness.
    Some of us own more firearms than will possibly ever fit into a safe, or even several safes. What're you gonna do? It is nobody's business.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    When I first saw the post, I thought long and hard about how I would respond. I thought about a victim of rape but could not word it as others have. I tried to keep my comments on a conversational or non confrontational tone because I believe this to be a VERY IMPORTANT topic. Do I agree with the OP, HELL NO. Thank you to TRN for his concise and accurate statement of how I also feel about the position taken by the OP.

If a door is closed, to open it and enter is trespass. To take anything from inside the room or house, theft. I understand that there is a bad element out there. However, unless you ( OP ) are ready to stand guard or guarantee to protect me and mine, I will leave my guns, ready for my use in my locked house when I am away. Should someone take them they are responsible for their actions and any future actions that happen due to Their criminal act. The police are not there to protect us, they are there to enforce the laws. The law allows me to store my guns, in my house. Some are in safes, some in cabinets and some are ready to use. Each and every one is out of the reach of law abiding people. None, however are in any way shape or form out of the reach of the determined and prepared criminal. Neither are yours...... If someone breaks into your home, forces your safe, will you submit to the trial and incarceration for assisting in the crime when or if a child is injured or killed?
    Negative. To enter with intent to commit a felony or theft therein is BURGLARY, not Trespass. That is was a dwelling makes it Burglary of a Habitation--a very serious felony.

Keep your hands off what is not yours and stay out of places where you are not invited.

Top Bottom