• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    She either has a mental issue, in which case you should get her some medical help, or you need to end your current living arrangement.
    Maybe he does.
    However, there's not a magazine in print that could ever mean more to me than my wife/marriage.
    A case of ammo? If it's that important, I'll pay and pick up local.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Maybe he does.
    However, there's not a magazine in print that could ever mean more to me than my wife/marriage.
    Amen. Been married 30 years. Want to know the secret? Golden rule. Seems to work out all over the place.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    This stinks. I hope she will sit down with you and solve the problem. If it’s a problem for you, it IS a problem for her, y’all being married and all. She needs to care.

She needs to tell you she will work on it (being more careful) and DO it.

If there is a reason she’s doing it (medical or otherwise) it needs taken care of too.

Maybe if you can’t trust her to fix it, (or if it’s nit easily fixed) you might choose to be more careful with not giving her access to your stuff... (wait... that’s not what I meant!) ... I mean you may have to put up your things so she can’t gwt to them. Lock them in a foot locker chest or something. Get things mailed to a P.O. box or friend’s address. This sounds like a huge pain, but not sure what alternatives are that aren’t drastic.

I really hope that nothing more serious is wrong with her regarding this.

I put up with a lot of messed up, stupid shit from my husband (and kids too). I’m smart enough to say that they can probably say the same about me. Nothing we have done so far is a “deal breaker,” but it’s been CLOSE at times. With that being said, I’m happy that we’ve been married over 20 years and want to keep that going. I have no interest in being single OR alone or involved with anybody else, and he’s told me he feels the same. So, we are both stuck with each other’s awesomeness and bullshit at the same time. Yay.
    She either has a mental issue, in which case you should get her some medical help, or you need to end your current living arrangement.

I agree with these posts. This is either passive aggressive behavior or something is wrong cognitively. Both should, or can, be addressed. Good luck if you decide to address the issue. Otherwise you just have to sick of up

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    It’s not up to me to say what is a deal breaker.

Sometimes small oversights are just that and if that’s the cost of being together, you might just take it.

Other times...oversights are symptoms of bigger problems and are red flags. That’s only a SOMETIMES, not an always.

We all can do stupid, mindless stuff sometimes, like put car keys into a trash can, or put an entire unopened carton of pico from HEB into the cabinet instead of the fridge (just happened, hubby did that one). It’s actually that amazing ANY of us are able to function with all we have to think about and do. But if a person messes up, they should say sorry, or at least chill out if it’s possible they get blamed for stuff. It is a “stay calm” kind of scenario.

When my hubby gets irritable/ shitty with me when he needs help finding something that’s lost... that’s my cue to back off because I’m about to get shitty right back and that won’t solve OUR problem. So I don’t help him OR engage him if I’m in my right mind (heh, good luck!) when things go south in this kind of scenario.

(Not saying that you got shitty with her, just describing when things get irritable, no matter who did what)

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Maybe he does.

Yeah, but if this is an ongoing problem, then something has to give. It's indicative of either some sort of mental issue or a complete and total lack of respect for the other person in the marriage.

My wife and I are too poor for anything money was paid for to be thrown out like that...there would definitely be words exchanged.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    There is either a medical, cognitive issue that needs attention, in which case you stick around and care for her no matter what, or there is a deep seated resentment issue that WILL get worse. Relationships are about mutual respect. It is lacking in the OP's scenario

Grundy1133

Born on a Monday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2018
    Gainesville, TX
    This stinks. I hope she will sit down with you and solve the problem. If it’s a problem for you, it IS a problem for her, y’all being married and all. She needs to care.

She needs to tell you she will work on it (being more careful) and DO it.

If there is a reason she’s doing it (medical or otherwise) it needs taken care of too.

Maybe if you can’t trust her to fix it, (or if it’s not easily fixed) you might choose to be more careful with not giving her access to your stuff... (wait... that’s not what I meant!) ... I mean you may have to put up your things so she can’t get to them. Lock them in a foot locker chest or something. Get things mailed to a P.O. box or friend’s address. This sounds like a huge pain, but not sure what alternatives are that aren’t drastic.

I really hope that nothing more serious is wrong with her regarding this.

I put up with a lot of messed up, stupid shit from my husband (and kids too). I’m smart enough to say that they can probably say the same about me. Nothing we have done so far is a “deal breaker,” but it’s been CLOSE at times. With that being said, I’m happy that we’ve been married over 20 years and want to keep that going. I have no interest in being single OR alone or involved with anybody else, and he’s told me he feels the same. So, we are both stuck with each other’s awesomeness and bullshit at the same time. Yay.
    and THIS boys and girls, in a nutshell, is marriage.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Obviously, you are completely wrong on this issue.

The reason you are wrong is because you are married. All things that are wrong are your fault.

And you should know that by now.

That's the reason I'm all for gay marriage. If two women are married to each other, which of the wives will be right?

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    That's the reason I'm all for gay marriage. If two women are married to each other, which of the wives will be right?

A few years back I had a buddy going through a nasty divorce. One day over a few beers and cigars he told me "I can understand the whole gay thing now, the person in the bed next to you has the same thought process, you don't have to try and guess what they're thinking".

Thanks for the help everyone.

Jigo23

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 3, 2015
    It’s not up to me to say what is a deal breaker.

Sometimes small oversights are just that and if that’s the cost of being together, you might just take it.

Other times...oversights are symptoms of bigger problems and are red flags. That’s only a SOMETIMES, not an always.

We all can do stupid, mindless stuff sometimes, like put car keys into a trash can, or put an entire unopened carton of pico from HEB into the cabinet instead of the fridge (just happened, hubby did that one). It’s actually that amazing ANY of us are able to function with all we have to think about and do. But if a person messes up, they should say sorry, or at least chill out if it’s possible they get blamed for stuff. It is a “stay calm” kind of scenario.

When my hubby gets irritable/ shitty with me when he needs help finding something that’s lost... that’s my cue to back off because I’m about to get shitty right back and that won’t solve OUR problem. So I don’t help him OR engage him if I’m in my right mind (heh, good luck!) when things go south in this kind of scenario.

(Not saying that you got shitty with her, just describing when things get irritable, no matter who did what)

Great to get a woman’s perspective on this situation! And of course, it is the best most sane and rational approach than most us guys who are like...”kick her a$$ to the curb!” LOL
    Thank you ma’am! :)

Top Bottom