Lynx Defense

Skydive from edge of space is going to happen today!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrEaK_aCcIdEnT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Cibolo, TX
    He would probably still get his 10 foot bounce if all went wrong. But let's not talk about that. I want an uneventful breaking of the sound barrier and tip toe landing. Looks like the live feed is getting to much traffic and is crashing. Hopefully they will get it back up.

berto40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Houston
    I think his first main concern is to stay conscious...second was to keep from boiling. I hope all goes well. I'd like to listen to the interview after he touches down.

Gilgondorin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2012
    San Antonio
    Oh brother.

I wait until 10:30 to find out whether or not they're going to do it.

Now they're saying that they'll continue the launch -- at friggin' 12:00 noon CST.

I thought they would have been ready to go by now! I could have been halfway to my college by now had I known they were going to pull this!

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Just an FYI for everyone:

While what this guy is doing is really cool, a 23 mile high skydive for crying out loud, he will not be the first person to break the sound barrier with his body. That honor belongs to Col Joseph Kittinger.

Gilgondorin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2012
    San Antonio
    Big whoop about the sound barrier; I was just hoping to see some helmet cam footage of the earth flying toward me at 500 miles per hour and whether or not he'd survive.

Koinonia

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    I wonder if falling from space is the same as coming up to fast while diving??

No, Water Amplifies the amount of Atmosphere pressure you feel. There is 1 Atmosphere at Sea level, and the change of 1 to 0, is a very long ways. Where as you have compounded Atmospheres at 15 ft below, 30 ft below, and what not. Ascending while holding your breath is a very bad idea. :p

Top Bottom