• ...and so much more!
  • Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I note that many of you keep saying - no need to panic buy as if that means you were somehow wise by having what ammo you already have on hand - and while you were wise in that regard I think you are missing my point big-time. Beating the panic and getting more - because you can almost always use more - to shoot, to keep, to sell - was the thing to do if prudent. I learned after the first one and learned more after the second panic buy in the last several years.
    Gun Zone Deals

Last edited:

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Now for those of you who did not buy anything now, have you thought ahead to just before the election and what ammo availability and prices will be like then if - by some totally out of the Twilight Zone unforeseen type circumstance - it appears as if the Dem nominee (Andrew Cuomo is my guess because it sure as hell will not be Biden or Sanders unless Cuomo is either's running mate) stands even a snowball's chance in hell against President Trump.

I think most of those who had already stocked up were prepared for the election, not the virus. My guess late last year was that the panic buying for the election would start in March, so that's what I prepared for. I was wrong about the cause, but right about the time frame. I might have to cut back on shooting just a little bit, but I am more or less prepared for a year long shortage.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    If the panic continues, you could also sell some of the idiots ammo at a decent profit - that is if you have enough. It's just like the stock market. I am not saying to sell ammo at CTD prices, just a decent but not outrageous profit to the fools who are panic buying it.

What I have is for my own needs, so no plans on selling.

Besides because I reload, the vast majority, (at least 80% of my ammo stock.) Is reloaded ammo. Plus, I also have reloading components if needed to replenish my ammo stock.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    I, in all honesty, probably have not eaten a Pop Tart in 25 years or more. Now Twinkies - or better yet Yodels (do they still make Yodels???) they could be in demand if this turns into a Zombie Apocalypse.

They put pop tarts in US military MREs now. I figure if they can sit in the back of a HMMWV for 12+ months in 110 degree heat, get run over by camels, man handled by jarhead PFCs, and still be edible and taste like they're supposed to they must be worth stocking up for the apocalypse.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Nothing.

But this panic prevented me from getting a part I had already been looking for that is now OOS.

So, if anyone has a Geissele Super Precision Mount AR/M4 mount for 30mm tube, extended in black, I’m a buyer.

Who knew people would panic buy a $300+ optic mount?!?

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    They put pop tarts in US military MREs now. I figure if they can sit in the back of a HMMWV for 12+ months in 110 degree heat, get run over by camels, man handled by jarhead PFCs, and still be edible and taste like they're supposed to they must be worth stocking up for the apocalypse.

I love them.
    Haven't had one in almost 4 years, too much sugar.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I'm not big on Pop-Tarts, but I like the Brown Sugar Cinnamon ones. They're one of the few that I actually like "raw". Most of the other flavors need to be toasted and coated in a little bit of butter before I'll eat them.

If everyone goes full on stupid, you might better learn to like them untoasted!

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    i didn’t need anything... i did stop at cabelas for more shotgun primers, though.

their handgun ammo shelves were empty except for some 41 magnum and .32 auto.

Texas Heat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2017
    Houston, TX
    I'm more upset by my FFL being closed and not getting what I want. I think the gun stores have gotten wise when people stopped buying. They are putting ridiculous prices on stuff and I can't get any of it. I wonder if I can still order even if my FFL isn't at work.

paveknife

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    DFW
    00 Buck Shotgun shells, but that was a PITA. Oddly enough I found a bunch at Walmart - I still cruise their ammo aisles in case they clearance a bunch more ammo. Cleaned them out of 300BLK once they announced they would no longer carry it.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I note that many of you keep saying - no need to panic buy as if that means you were somehow wise by having what ammo you already have on hand - and while you were wise in that regard I think you are missing my point big-time. Beating the panic and getting more - because you can almost always use more - to shoot, to keep, to sell - was the thing to do if prudent. I learned after the first one and learned more after the second panic buy in the last several years.

No, I just didn’t and don’t see anything to panic about.

And maybe it’s just from being raised in Texas, but I have no interest in running out and buying cases of ammo so I can resell it and **** over the guy who went to the store after me only to find the shelf I’d emptied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Only an unprepared fool would start buying when everyone is panicking.

Probably the same type of fool that would give CTD a second chance or require a BOS or hope they can screw over other gun owners in another way by reselling it at panic prices.

I support the 2nd Amendment but......

Quit New Yorking my Texas!

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Only an unprepared fool would start buying when everyone is panicking.

Probably the same type of fool that would give CTD a second chance or require a BOS or hope they can screw over other gun owners in another way by reselling it at panic prices.

I support the 2nd Amendment but......

Quit New Yorking my Texas!
    Inconsequential and rather childish drivel but I expect little else from you.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Top Bottom