• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    I Googled "can Texas secede from the union" and about 1,000,000,000,000 websites came up. Since I value my time, I only checked out a few of them. The main consensus is that for any State to secede from the union, it has to go before the Supreme Court and they have to approve it before any state can secede from the union.
    King George III would have definitely approved of those websites.
    The founding fathers apparently didn't.
    Guns International

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    > Is that in our Constitution? Sounds to me like someone’s “opinion”.

The fact that Lincoln got away with what he did does not make it either constitutional or “LEGAL” !

leVieux

I didn't say it was in our Constitution.

Now read it again a little slower this time and read my post to understand what I wrote instead of reading it to reply.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    As with all the other inalienable / unalienable rights bestowed upon us by our creator - the right to slough off an oppressive, irresponsible, or tyrannical government belongs to every man and woman and need not be codified in some parchment or recognized by the parties in power. Of course they're going to say secession is illegal - they don't want it to happen. In reality if it comes to it, there is only *one* way to stop it, and that is with violence.

If the Federal government brought to bear every single soldier, sailor, airmen, seamen, Marine, or spaceman + every federal employee authorized, empowered, or deputized to carry a firearm + every federal security contractor - they would still be outgunned in even most of the smaller states. Conventional logic dictates that invaders / attackers should outnumber the defenders 4 to 1 to be successful. There are *maybe* 3M people who could be called up - and a good portion would likely throw a middle finger up to such a call - and there are about 100 million gun owners in the US. Going by the cliche "3%" - then we have matching numbers - which is a far cry from their needed 4 to 1 ratio.

"But they haz the nukes! and F-15's!" - yeah - are they going to nuke their fellow citizens, brothers, sisters, cousins, etc? If they will, they'd do it anyway eventually. And the world won't likely sit by and let that happen.

F-15's? Sure - so do the State guard units. Along with A-10's, Apaches', Blackhawks, C-130's, F-16's, F-22's... and a shitload of small arms.

And Texas would no doubt NOT be alone in leaving if we were serious. And we don't have to stand alone - we could approach other nations to garner support before going to Congress and declaring our independence. Some folks just don't think about *that* aspect.

We can have a peaceful divorce. It'd be almost entirely upto the assholes in DC if they wanted violence, we don't have to start the violence, just be prepared for it if it came.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    As with all the other inalienable / unalienable rights bestowed upon us by our creator - the right to slough off an oppressive, irresponsible, or tyrannical government belongs to every man and woman and need not be codified in some parchment or recognized by the parties in power. Of course they're going to say secession is illegal - they don't want it to happen. In reality if it comes to it, there is only *one* way to stop it, and that is with violence.

If the Federal government brought to bear every single soldier, sailor, airmen, seamen, Marine, or spaceman + every federal employee authorized, empowered, or deputized to carry a firearm + every federal security contractor - they would still be outgunned in even most of the smaller states. Conventional logic dictates that invaders / attackers should outnumber the defenders 4 to 1 to be successful. There are *maybe* 3M people who could be called up - and a good portion would likely throw a middle finger up to such a call - and there are about 100 million gun owners in the US. Going by the cliche "3%" - then we have matching numbers - which is a far cry from their needed 4 to 1 ratio.

"But they haz the nukes! and F-15's!" - yeah - are they going to nuke their fellow citizens, brothers, sisters, cousins, etc? If they will, they'd do it anyway eventually. And the world won't likely sit by and let that happen.

F-15's? Sure - so do the State guard units. Along with A-10's, Apaches', Blackhawks, C-130's, F-16's, F-22's... and a shitload of small arms.

And Texas would no doubt NOT be alone in leaving if we were serious. And we don't have to stand alone - we could approach other nations to garner support before going to Congress and declaring our independence. Some folks just don't think about *that* aspect.

We can have a peaceful divorce. It'd be almost entirely upto the assholes in DC if they wanted violence, we don't have to start the violence, just be prepared for it if it came.
    >
    AMEN !

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I didn't say it was in our Constitution.

Now read it again a little slower this time and read my post to understand what I wrote instead of reading it to reply.
    Is there somewhere in the constitution that bars states from abolishing the relationship between the State and the Federal government?

Is there a portion of the Constitutional that permits the Federal government to use force to deny a State the right to dissolve the relationship between it and the Federal government?

The basis of the 10th amendment is that the State is presumed to have rights not explicitly denied it and the Federal government is presumed to not have powers unless explicitly given.

In short it is not up the SCOTUS pr any other branch when it comes to a State leaving the Union.

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Is there somewhere in the constitution that bars states from abolishing the relationship between the State and the Federal government?

Is there a portion of the Constitutional that permits the Federal government to use force to deny a State the right to dissolve the relationship between it and the Federal government?

The basis of the 10th amendment is that the State is presumed to have rights not explicitly denied it and the Federal government is presumed to not have powers unless explicitly given.

In short it is not up the SCOTUS pr any other branch when it comes to a State leaving the Union.

Much of our modern government overreach can be traced to a 19th Century SCOTUS decision on an ”Interstate Commerce Clause” ruling, which erroneously expanded Federal powers over States.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I think letting us to succeed and allowing Puerto Rico or DC to have senate and house seats would be a good trade. They’ve been pushing for that for years, and not only would they be rid of a red state, they would also add blue to their portfolio.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I think letting us to succeed and allowing Puerto Rico or DC to have senate and house seats would be a good trade. They’ve been pushing for that for years, and not only would they be rid of a red state, they would also add blue to their portfolio.
    It would tip the balance permanently to the dims and other conservative states, hopefully along the gulf coast would dip out too. Whether as a Republic of United States (ROUS*) or as five or six independent nations aligned politically matters little to me so long as we could extract ourselves from the various tyrannical behaviors of our current Federal government.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    It would tip the balance permanently to the dims and other conservative states, hopefully along the gulf coast would dip out too. Whether as a Republic of United States (ROUS*) or as five or six independent nations aligned politically matters little to me so long as we could extract ourselves from the various tyrannical behaviors of our current Federal government.

I’d bet that the entire lower tier except NM would go with Texas. Plus GA, TN, OK, KS, ID, WY, AK, SC, NC, ND, SD, MT, +/- OH, MO, KY, AZ, NV, etv.

Last edited:

Arkady Kobach

Expert in all things MAC.
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Lol at the idea Texas would secede.
    Y’all gonna burn Old Glory while you’re at it?
    Let it secede!
    Then close all roads and highways leading into it, disconnect any powers sources from outside the state, cut off internet access, stop all ATM, CC and any other kind of financial transfers in and out of the state, stop railroad traffic in and out, suspend Texas banks from the Federal Reserve, allow no stock transactions emanating from Texas and then sit back.......................................

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Let it secede!
    Then close all roads and highways leading into it, disconnect any powers sources from outside the state, cut off internet access, stop all ATM, CC and any other kind of financial transfers in and out of the state, stop railroad traffic in and out, suspend Texas banks from the Federal Reserve, allow no stock transactions emanating from Texas and then sit back.......................................
    Wait, didn't you recently bitch about the Texas grid bring seperate from the rest of the country?

Ignoring the ignorance of what you said and its impracticality in the modern world and the size and scope of the Texas economy, The rest of your bloviating wouldn't actually be the punishment you make it out to be. Not to Texas anyways.

Texas always does better than the rest of the country during economic downturn times due to the diversity of its economy and size and, more recently, the fact that it isn't ran by the types of people who destroyed California's economy or who run the country

Texas is the 9th largest economy in the world. It produces almost 45 percent of the nation's oil and 25 percent of its natural gas and the numbers are only that low because they fit in with federal laws and economic plans. In other words they could easily turn the spiggots on and control the market. Resulting in even stronger economic stability.

Texas has ports and international borders. You couldn't isolate it like you're threatening and doing so would damage the rest of the country more than Texas especially in the long run. The world is set up where you can't just isolate such a large economic entity like you insinuate or economic sanctions on Russia would have crippled the country by now. In reality they were more of a short term supply chain hiccup.

Texas succession is a stupid wet dream that will never happen, that said your liberal induced retarded critical thinking skills really let you down. Typical knee jerk reaction and overplaying of your hand that makes your kind look incredibly ignorant.

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    Let it secede!
    Well considering we have our own grid, the power is a non issue. I expect the money to be worthless so banking and atm access is of no consequence. No internet for a while, fine, but there are satellites that are privately owned so it would come back. cut the railroads. Uhhh we export a ton, so we'll be able to stockpile while other states will see a shortage. try again

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Wait, didn't you recently bitch about the Texas grid bring seperate from the rest of the country?

Ignoring the ignorance of what you said and its impracticality in the modern world and the size and scope of the Texas economy, The rest of your bloviating wouldn't actually be the punishment you make it out to be. Not to Texas anyways.

Texas always does better than the rest of the country during economic downturn times due to the diversity of its economy and size and, more recently, the fact that it isn't ran by the types of people who destroyed California's economy or who run the country

Texas is the 9th largest economy in the world. It produces almost 45 percent of the nation's oil and 25 percent of its natural gas and the numbers are only that low because they fit in with federal laws and economic plans. In other words they could easily turn the spiggots on and control the market. Resulting in even stronger economic stability.

Texas has ports and international borders. You couldn't isolate it like you're threatening and doing so would damage the rest of the country more than Texas especially in the long run. The world is set up where you can't just isolate such a large economic entity like you insinuate or economic sanctions on Russia would have crippled the country by now. In reality they were more of a short term supply chain hiccup.

Texas succession is a stupid wet dream that will never happen, that said your liberal induced retarded critical thinking skills really let you down. Typical knee jerk reaction and overplaying of your hand that makes your kind look incredibly ignorant.
    Please watch your words, Texit is not a stupid dream, just maybe not realistic,Texit as a concept of a self sustaining, independent state capable of standing alone in a crisis is a good goal. The more Texans who buy Texas products and the wider variety of agricultural products which we grow all make for a more stable Texas. The power grid issue is complex, however I support a state wide grid, currently some of West Texas is linked to New Mexico and some of the Panhandle to the national grid. We are not Democrats here and listen to one another without insulting anyone with a differing opinion.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Please watch your words, Texit is not a stupid dream, just maybe not realistic,Texit as a concept of a self sustaining, independent state capable of standing alone in a crisis is a good goal. The more Texans who buy Texas products and the wider variety of agricultural products which we grow all make for a more stable Texas. The power grid issue is complex, however I support a state wide grid, currently some of West Texas is linked to New Mexico and some of the Panhandle to the national grid. We are not Democrats here and listen to one another without insulting anyone with a differing opinion.
    Nope not watching my words. Maybe you should not infer what I mean thru your lense of bias.

Texas succession is a wet dream that will never happen. The rest of what I said mirrors exactly what you wrote above.

The only difference in the 2 statements, yours and mine is I think the whole Texit idea is stupid. Nit that it couldn't be successful in exactly how you posted but that it's as short sighted as Arkadys cut Texas off statement.

Simple differences of opinion on Texit.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Let it secede!
    Apparently you have little concept of all the goods and produce that comes across the border and travels north thru Texas. Cutting off rail lines and trucking along the I-35 and I-45 corridors to the north would, at least in the short term, be very damaging to nothern states economies until trade treaties were established. Especially if other Gulf States joined us.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Let it secede!

It just wouldn't make sense for the United States to go to war with Texas over secession, when the alternative would be business as usual with only a relatively few exceptions to the benefit of Texas with little loss to the United States.

Top Bottom