• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    ff, yes they covered the rental. I guess it is "good" insurance, they covered the rental for the next month up front, no out of pocket for me. I told them I had no use for a car, (have never owned a car, always a truck) they said no problem and worked it out so I got a new crewcab silverado. Came out to the house and picked me up. First part of this whole thing that has been positive. MG

BTW... what car do you run that uses nitro?? I have an uncle that raced back in the 60's. not sure what class....( I was younger then) pro-stock???maybe??

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    usmcpmi; BTW... what car do you run that uses nitro?? I have an uncle that raced back in the 60's. not sure what class....( I was younger then) pro-stock???maybe??[/quote said:
    Top Fuel dragster or Top Fuel Funny Car - both run nitro up to 90+%

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    I got the call yesterday late... the PD found the truck in SanAntonio. The insurance company is having it towed up here to a repair shop. I'll go by there and see what's left of it next week. Everything that was inside is gone though.... they did say the goose neck hookup was still in the bed. Of course, everything is replaceable one way or another. I just wish they would have left my shooting jacket in there. No way I can get another one like it. But I'm sure I will be ahead in the long run. I really wasn't looking forward to having to buy a new truck.. MG

TexasR.N.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Rampart
    I got the call yesterday late... the PD found the truck in SanAntonio. The insurance company is having it towed up here to a repair shop. I'll go by there and see what's left of it next week. Everything that was inside is gone though.... they did say the goose neck hookup was still in the bed. Of course, everything is replaceable one way or another. I just wish they would have left my shooting jacket in there. No way I can get another one like it. But I'm sure I will be ahead in the long run. I really wasn't looking forward to having to buy a new truck.. MG

As the owner of a 95' PSD CC with 340K miles on it and my daily driver, I fully understand not wanting to buy a new truck. Glad to hear your truck was recovered.

Craig

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    At least they found it. I saw the shooting jacket in the pics from the lone star shoot looked like you had some different patches on there. That is something that just takes time and experience to get broke in just right. Did they get any personal info out of the truck?

Sarge12R

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    El Paso, Texas
    Good that you got your truck back. Hope it turns out OK. I wish they would find the bastard who stole it...Then they call you to spend about 10 minutes with the punk in a "private room". My tolerance towards thieves is pretty bad.

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    "Private stuff..??" Yea, a check book that I've already cancelled. Registration and insurance info... lots of ammo, if they want to come looking for the guns that the ammo fits, well, lets just say it won't be pretty.... Oh, and if there is a next time, they won't get anywhere, as soon as I get it back, there will be a remote "kill" switch wired in somewhere... MG

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair

Glad you got your truck back. People not respecting other people's property really cheeses me off. I hope they got some prints.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Glad to hear you got your truck back. Sucks all the stuff you lost inside though. I would say let the MF's rot in hell, but I think that's too cozy!

Top Bottom