• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    I find it odd people who don't own enough ground for a dog to crap on their own grass would own one. Kind of like buying a car before you can afford gas.
    Yep real odd, that people with dogs would walk them off their property. Downright crazy we take ours to the lake and camping.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I took it to mean people living in apartments.
    Only time a dog can go outside is when it's on a leash.
    Can't run around unless taken somewhere.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    That's how I took it too.

The dog's whole life is an apartment and one little strip of grass outside.

Seldom or never leaves those two.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Yeah, kind of like life in prison now that you mentioned it.

Hey, long as someone loves you, every need is taken care of, you're warm in the winter, cool in the summer and all you gotta worry about are those other damned dogs trying to come in through the TV screen, what's the problem? ;)

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Yeah I understood it but he mentions enough ground and I have enough ground but like taking my dog off premises too. Never owned a dog when I lived on apt. But if it is a small dog not really a big deal. Heck many complexes have a dog park now.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Yeah I understood it but he mentions enough ground and I have enough ground but like taking my dog off premises too.

My pup looks forward to checking her daily peeMail for blocks around.

Never owned a dog when I lived on apt. But if it is a small dog not really a big deal. Heck many complexes have a dog park now.

Youngest daughter just moved into one of those. Really nice dog park, fenced in, free poop bag dispenser, and trash cans for same.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    When our house flooded we stayed in my daughters apartment while the house was being redone. had to keep the dog in my avatar in her apartment for 2 months. It was awful.
    Of course, he was big for a GSD, weighed right at 130#.

ETA: edited to correct weight, thinking of other dog.

Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    Yes I live in an apartment. Yes I have a dog.

I go to work. He goes to work with my girlfriend. She works at a dog boarding facility that offers doggie daycare. He gets to play outside all day, everyday, with up to 50 other dogs. Trust me the only thing he does at the apartment is sleep and eat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Surplus Guy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2017
    Hood County
    I find it odd people who don't own enough ground for a dog to crap on their own grass would own one. Kind of like buying a car before you can afford gas.
    My daughter had 2 Pugs and lived upstairs in an apartment. Guess she took them out from time to time for a walk not always on grass. She brought the dogs home with her for a few days. I have a back yard. The dogs preferred to crap on the pavement, driveway and porch. They hit the mat at the back door and of course I stepped in it on the way out the door. That was some shitty time for a visit.

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    Yep real odd, that people with dogs would walk them off their property. Downright crazy we take ours to the lake and camping.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk
    I take mine off my property to. All the time. Just about every where I go. But just like me, he takes his dumps at home, before we go. I don't just walk him over to the neighbor to take his crap, not even the neighbor down the street, and if I did I'd sure not think the NEIGHBOR is the odd one for giving people in the neighborhood the stink eye for bringing their dogs all over to HIS HOUSE to do their business. Can you imagine being the only home owner on a block filled with apartment houses?

I used to live in town about 25 years ago and the stupid preacher would walk his stupid dog up and down the street in front of my house, his house was on the same street, 3 or 4 houses down and across. He has his own house, his own yard, and his own dog. Yet he walks the dog every evening to drop a loaf randomly on his neighbors front lawn. I was warned by other neighbors on the street, oh but they'd never say a word to THE PREACHER. Then it happened and my wife saw and told me about it, strike two. Then I happened to see them walking out way on our side of the street..., strike three.

Never happened again, so the issue never did have to escalate to any really significant issue but people had been putting up with that FOR YEARS on that street before we moved there. My dog is crapping in my back yard and his dog crapping in MY FRONT YARD! Naw, that's gonna stop.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    I take mine off my property to. All the time. Just about every where I go. But just like me, he takes his dumps at home, before we go. I don't just walk him over to the neighbor to take his crap, not even the neighbor down the street, and if I did I'd sure not think the NEIGHBOR is the odd one for giving people in the neighborhood the stink eye for bringing their dogs all over to HIS HOUSE to do their business. Can you imagine being the only home owner on a block filled with apartment houses?

Which all goes back to the OP subject of people not picking up their dog's crap. From your earlier post, you seemed to have a bent against those in apts. 85% of the time my dog doesn't crap on a walk but when she does, I bag it. Where I live is irrelevant. Giving someone the stink eye for no reason IS an issue. My neighbor didn't know squat about what my dog did or didn't do in his yard. He was taking out his past frustration on me and frankly, I don't have to take that. I wonder if I OC'd that day if he would have opened his mouth. I'm sure he doesn't like my dog off leash nor does he like that it is a bully breed. Too bad. I walk the most docile bitch around and have had little kids scream and run away and have had other dog owners turn and walk in the opposite direction. If my dog was aggressive, would she be off leash? Naw, some people just hate dogs (I'm suspect of them) and some are just a...holes and yes if you leave crap in your neighbors yard, you are an a..hole.

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    Which all goes back to the OP subject of people not picking up their dog's crap. From your earlier post, you seemed to have a bent against those in apts. 85% of the time my dog doesn't crap on a walk but when she does, I bag it. Where I live is irrelevant. Giving someone the stink eye for no reason IS an issue. My neighbor didn't know squat about what my dog did or didn't do in his yard. He was taking out his past frustration on me and frankly, I don't have to take that. I wonder if I OC'd that day if he would have opened his mouth. I'm sure he doesn't like my dog off leash nor does he like that it is a bully breed. Too bad. I walk the most docile bitch around and have had little kids scream and run away and have had other dog owners turn and walk in the opposite direction. If my dog was aggressive, would she be off leash? Naw, some people just hate dogs (I'm suspect of them) and some are just a...holes and yes if you leave crap in your neighbors yard, you are an a..hole.
    What ever dude.

Top Bottom