• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I was wanting to thank Moonpie, but I know it would go to his head. You do have some very nice handguns though.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I was wanting to thank Moonpie, but I know it would go to his head. You do have some very nice handguns though.

images.jpg

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    What bugs me about Moonpie is the way he keeps all of his guns so nice. I like really weird stuff so I often wind up buying things that aren't in great cosmetic condition. That .30-30 pistol, in case people didn't notice, has some pitting on the barrel. It was that way when I got it and I've never felt motivated to make it look nicer.

Moonpie, though, has some guns that are so pretty I have an unsettlingly intense desire to fondle them. One of his 1911s...man, if it was a girl and I was a young man, I'd try to elope with it.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    What bugs me about Moonpie is the way he keeps all of his guns so nice. I like really weird stuff so I often wind up buying things that aren't in great cosmetic condition. That .30-30 pistol, in case people didn't notice, has some pitting on the barrel. It was that way when I got it and I've never felt motivated to make it look nicer.

Moonpie, though, has some guns that are so pretty I have an unsettlingly intense desire to fondle them. One of his 1911s...man, if it was a girl and I was a young man, I'd try to elope with it.
    Ben, you had some really nice guns yourself. I really loved the P-7. It shot well for me too.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Thanks to everyone who let me shoot their guns and to Ben for bringing his 21sf with the red dot. Also big thanks to @robertc1024 and @TxStetson for letting me go home with a few new to me guns. Had another great time out there and it is always worth the drive. Thinking we should maybe have a shoot during the summer time

Also someone let me shoot their Gen 5 Glock 17. Almost bought one today but ended up taking home a mullet glock AKA 19x instead. Academy had the 17 with contrast sights for $559 for those interested

blueangel64

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Spring
    Vince had a great day. He was extremely thankful to everyone who let him try their guns.
    The Springfield was the gun that spoke to him more. First time ever shooting one and he hit the bullseye on the first shot.
    The AR he was previously scared of and admitted it was the media who led him to believe the myths we hear so much about. We let him shoot shotguns first before trying him on the AR. He loved it!!!
    Thanks to every one who pitched in to educate him. He had a blast and walked away happy and more knowledgeable. He is now thinking about which one he wants to get first. Lol View attachment 135067 View attachment 135068

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
    The disease strikes another one. Good job, guys and lady!!

blueangel64

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Spring
    Big thanks to all for a great time, great food! Thanks to TxStetson(I think) for the opportunity with the Range Officer and finely tuned 10/22. Also the guy with the white curly hair with his Walther PPQ Navy version. And also the guy that brought the pool cue chalk as targets. Awesome!!

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Thanks to everyone who let me shoot their guns and to Ben for bringing his 21sf with the red dot. Also big thanks to @robertc1024 and @TxStetson for letting me go home with a few new to me guns. Had another great time out there and it is always worth the drive. Thinking we should maybe have a shoot during the summer time

Also someone let me shoot their Gen 5 Glock 17. Almost bought one today but ended up taking home a mullet glock AKA 19x instead. Academy had the 17 with contrast sights for $559 for those interested

That was my Gen 5 G17 and you are welcome.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    That was my Gen 5 G17 and you are welcome.
    My sis says I get her Gen 1 G17 when she dies...which is her way of telling me I'm never getting it. :)

If anyone wants to shoot it, I'm planning to drag her to the October reunion and I'm going to insist she bring it.

Wait - Is it too early to start planning? :)

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I went to the sight in rifle range and there was a guy there got to talking to him.. He's a member of this forum and had no idea we were having the meetup. I imagine a lot of people are members here and just don't ever get involved with the community.. I can say I am absolutely grateful that I did. I've met a lot of cool people, learned a lot, and been given the opportunity to handle and shoot firearms I never would have had a chance to shoot.
    Yep. If you don't connect with people in person you're missing out on the best part of the forum. The internets is just a tool, not a destination.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    The Reunion was fun.
    I always enjoy seeing folks having fun shooting the toys.
    My feet have feeling in them today. LoL.

Still say we need a do-over.

Reactions: MTA
    Top Bottom