• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JHP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2014
    Just because the federal (and sometimes local) government has created protected classes doesn't make it right. Property owners should have a say in who can and cannot be on their property. The whole concept of "public space" on private property violates property rights. It would be hypocritical of me to advocate for property rights, yet complain that I'm not one of those protected classes that get's to violate them.

If someone doesn't want me on their property due to my self protection choices (or any other reason) they have that right, and I'm more than happy to oblige them by not doing business with them.

I hear what you're saying, but I disagree based upon the distinction between private property (e.g., one's home) or property owned that is open to the public. You, as a homeowner, should be able to deny access to anyone for any reason at any time. You needn't give any reason, other than stating that a person's presence is denied. I completely agree with that position. I don't think that a property owner that is licensed as a publicly accessible business has the right to deny access to specific social groups. If you're open to the public, you're open to all the public. Only specific individuals, providing due cause, should be allowed to be denied access during your stated business hours.

Obviously we disagree here, and I respect that. But don't misunderstand my position to lump private property rights and business owners into the same category.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I don't think that a property owner that is licensed as a publicly accessible business has the right to deny access to specific social groups.

Does this do anything to change your opinion?

If you're open to the public, you're open to all the public.

Says who? It's pretty obvious to me that phrase is used in general.

JHP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2014
    Does this do anything to change your opinion?

I never said that a business owner shouldn't have the right to eject anyone who is disruptive. That's very different than unilaterally prohibiting entry by an entire social class.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I never said that a business owner shouldn't have the right to eject anyone who is disruptive. That's very different than unilaterally prohibiting entry by an entire social class.

The only thing that really made him different from any other customer was his manner of dress and his a-little-too-cozy attitude with black people. Aside from accidentally knocking the newspaper stand over, how was he being disruptive?

Also, do all CHL holders come from the same social class?

Top Bottom