• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    Im not sure how I feel about that. There are too many irresponsible people, but I want government out too. When I was younger, a state inspection actually meant something - they looked at your brakes, fluid levels, seat belts, checked your parking brake... - Now I drive to a Jiffy Lube and they check my lights and see if I've got squirter fluid - done. Kinda worthless IMHO.
    inspections don't prevent idiots and just inconvenience the common man.
    if it were a more righteous world we wouldn't have vehicle registrations either.

OldPhart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2017
    Orangefield
    THIS HAS FAILURE WRITTEN ALL OVER IT! THE POTENTIAL FOR MASSIVE NUMBERS OF VEHICLES ON THE ROAD THAT ARE UNSAFE TO BE ON THE ROD IS GOING TO RISE!
    Agreed.....I'm from Cali where all they have is an emission check. You wouldn't believe the number of junkers running around that somehow passed an emission check. Either they have a friend at a test center or stolen year tag. One thing I like here is the annual tag is inside the windshield.....in Cali, it's affixed to the rear license plate. You have to run an xacto knife thru it several times to make it difficult to remove.

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    Agreed.....I'm from Cali where all they have is an emission check. You wouldn't believe the number of junkers running around that somehow passed an emission check. Either they have a friend at a test center or stolen year tag. One thing I like here is the annual tag is inside the windshield.....in Cali, it's affixed to the rear license plate. You have to run an xacto knife thru it several times to make it difficult to remove.
    cry me a river with your Californian bullshit, its my right to drive an absolute clunker if it gets me from A to B

• Haha
    Reactions: Eli

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    Never have had an emissions test on my '90 Cressida, but it has been difficult over the years to get an inspection sticker.
    Always kept in touch with other tuner car people on where to take it.
    Big cams, no cat, large exhaust, 1500 rpm idle, etc., etc..
    But the car is always immaculate, and people working in most garages liked what they were looking at, so they didn't ask too many questions, or look too close.

OldPhart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2017
    Orangefield
    cry me a river with your Californian bullshit, its my right to drive an absolute clunker if it gets me from A to B

I hope someone's lights are too dim to see you and you get clobbered. Yeah, I've only physically been here for 5 years but mentally I left Cali years before that.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    What I’ve noticed over the years is that many states that initiated state vehicle inspections - typically, back in the mid to late sixties, have in more recent years done away with them. More often than not, due to the public’s perception they really accomplished very little in the way of making the roadways safer. And as the “inspections” became more and more watered down, the public began to view them just as a way for the state to collect more “tax” revenue.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Blood in the streets!
    1685720252278.jpeg

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    I hope someone's lights are too dim to see you and you get clobbered. Yeah, I've only physically been here for 5 years but mentally I left Cali years before that.
    i keep my car in tip top shape and I can drive worth a damn, maybe you should be the one that is careful on the roads boy.

Top Bottom